The Falcon and The Winter Soldier - on Disney+ from 19 March

9 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Am i right in thinking that these are all stand-alone series at Disney? Were not expecting Wandavison Series 2 or *shudder* Birdman & Emo Boy Series?

The reason i ask is the way they've paced this last episode feels like some world building for some kind of future film / series.

I think this might be slated for a second season. Wandavision definitely isn't. I think it might just be general MCU worldbuilding though.

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

This was the worst episode yet. Minor MCU characters like Falcon or the Winter Soldier don’t need ‘time to breathe’, just need them getting into scrapes and getting back out of them.

:lol:

The middle episodes where they got into some scrpaes were widely considered to be the worst ones. If you just want people punching each other for no reason there's DCEU moves for that.

10 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Am i right in thinking that these are all stand-alone series at Disney? Were not expecting Wandavison Series 2 or *shudder* Birdman & Emo Boy Series?

They are stand-alone. Other than tying into following movies of course. But they’re not planning on another tv series. They did say they wouldn’t totally rule out something like a second series of WandaVision in the future, but it would depend on where the story is going and they’re certainly not currently planning such a thing. 

So much I enjoyed in that episode:

Spoiler

Sam talking to Isiah and hearing his history.

Bucky’s comment about being right handed.

Sam’s grief/PTSD pep talk with Bucky.

The training montage.

Madame Hydra.

59 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Looking forward to seeing if were leaning towards a new version of Shield or given the characters maybe a MCU Wildpack.

That was a better episode but leaves so much for them to sort out in the next episode.

The reason i ask is the way they've paced this last episode feels like some world building for some kind of future film / series.

Everything that is part of the MCU official is world building either for the next film on the slate or something further down the line.

So Wandavision will lead into (spoilers for MCU in case people were trying to go in blind)

Spoiler

Doctor Strange 2

and as far as I can tell, this show is to set up the rest of Phase 4 on Earth.

Generally any sequels you get will be down to what Feige and the rest have planned, there's a slate planned for Phase 4 which you can probably figure some stuff out for but other than that this is still pretty new - all the other shows up until Wandavision were in the Marvel universe but not part of MCU canon.

35 minutes ago, Broker said:

So much I enjoyed in that episode:

Hide contents

Sam talking to Isiah and hearing his history.

Bucky’s comment about being right handed.

Sam’s grief/PTSD pep talk with Bucky.

The training montage.

Madame Hydra.

Pretty much all of this. Just so well structured. The best thing I can say about it is that when the credits rolled I actually shouted "NO!" :lol:

All coming together now for what should be a suitably epic finale.

Spoiler

So the case. Its either Sam's 'Cap' suit or a new set of wings yeah? I'm leaning toward the suit given he seems to be now taking on the mantle. 

Buzzing for next week after not being too fussed going into this week.

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

Hide contents

So the case. Its either Sam's 'Cap' suit or a new set of wings yeah? I'm leaning toward the suit given he seems to be now taking on the mantle. 

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg.7d8326d98c93547a7082371ff61deef1.jpg

dbe5a3a55d0b666cea8503f3ba3a55a5.thumb.jpg.58dbc718f082c054ae71558fc72124c5.jpg

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg.7d8326d98c93547a7082371ff61deef1.jpg

dbe5a3a55d0b666cea8503f3ba3a55a5.thumb.jpg.58dbc718f082c054ae71558fc72124c5.jpg

Spoiler

I dont know, I thought the whole "keep them" comment from Sam when Torres asked him about the broken wings was quite symbolic, but it would be fucking awesome and TBF the only way that Sam would really be able to continue holding his own against the guys he is up against.

3 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Loki has been confirmed for 2 seasons but I think that is the only one (for now).

Aye, a decent episode. The stage is set for a good finale, but I can't help feeling they've thrown away the most interesting element of the series...

Spoiler

... the flag smashers having a cause that actually makes sense. It would appear they're painting Karli Morgenthau and the Flag Smashers (still a terrible name) as an outright terrorist group now. Just bad guys to be beaten. 

But we'll see.

MAJOR SPOILERS

The contents of Sam’s case have already leaked thanks to a toy:

Spoiler

1B74BCD2-0187-4B52-8348-343B730EBAF5.jpeg.27e796b2730c27d50219325288219b2f.jpeg

Pretty much exactly what I expected from Sam’s comic outfit. 

Good episode

Spoiler

Felt like they did a lot with a little to push on the plot and characters.

Liked the fall of Walker.

Liked the handling of the legacy of the shield and more importantly what it represents with the scene with Isiah Bradley.

Interesting to see an intro for Madame Hydra.

Batroc back!

Only disappointment really is Zemo being shuffled off with little fanfare. Presumably he'll be returning in something else sooner or later...

Considering literally nothing happened, that was very enjoyable. :)

Also, given the talk of other Caps, I cant help but wish we got to see Caps in the context of other historical conflicts.

Granted, I havent seen the first movie, but I'd assume it's quite easy to look all noble and heroic when leading direct frontal assaults on nazi positions, but a bit more difficult when you're stuck in one place for months on end trying to keep the maggots off your rations and having to poo in your foxhole.

That episode was much more like it!

It wasn't without fault though...

Spoiler

Falcon: Do we have any idea where Carlyoaks is?

Young Jon Bernthal: She is so far off the grid, the grid tis but a dot to her now.

*2 minutes later*

She is walking around the one and only address absolutely everybody has for her. :sherlock:

That was much better - my only complaint is that it all felt a bit rushed (and if I was being uncharitable, tokenistic), when the themes explored in this episode (and the first) would have been better served by the series as a whole, but it was by far the most interesting episode yet. 

Also - Lainey!

image.gif.6b5e20be4ccf283a0ac3732c2fac022d.gif

My wife fell asleep during this. At 830pm. Not pitch dark outside. And she has been off on annual leave this week.

99 times out of 100 I will wake her up so that she doesn't miss something crucial. But I couldn't make that argument here.

It's shite this.

If Loki turns out crap I have genuine concern about the future of the MCU on Disney plus shows.

Just now, drmick said:

My wife fell asleep during this. At 830pm. Not pitch dark outside. And she has been off on annual leave this week.

99 times out of 100 I will wake her up so that she doesn't miss something crucial. But I couldn't make that argument here.

It's shite this.

If Loki turns out crap I have genuine concern about the future of the MCU on Disney plus shows.

As I typed that Harry Kane scored. He looks very similar to Wyatt Russell!

Enjoyed this episode. The last two have been naff, so I don't have expectations for the finale. 

Spoiler

Although Captain American Falcon Takes Manhattan might be some fun action.

1 hour ago, drmick said:

It's shite this.

I mean they’ve been the most successful things on any streaming service the last few months, with WandaVision outperforming Bridgerton and this outperforming WandaVision. The internet speculation for this one seems to be less fervent than WV but they’re both doing colossal numbers and getting a lot of attention. I think the MCU will probably be ok even if your wife is asleep for some of it.

1 hour ago, drmick said:

You were watching this weeks episode that had storylines come to a close and set ups for the finale right?

I thought this was easily the best episode of the series. As a whole the series has been lacking in some parts, but this episode was great, for pretty much all the reasons Broker described above plus the Zemo stuff and Walkers chat with Lemars family. Felt right to see that side of him  not just the dickhead side when he's in Cap mode.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I mean they’ve been the most successful things on any streaming service the last few months, with WandaVision outperforming Bridgerton and this outperforming WandaVision. The internet speculation for this one seems to be less fervent than WV but they’re both doing colossal numbers and getting a lot of attention. I think the MCU will probably be ok even if your wife is asleep for some of it.

Interesting. By what metric? 

I imagine Zemo went to the same place each day and waited for him to turn up, seems the obvious place to look for him and what else has Zemo got?

He's a sad kind of story now, railed against super powered people due to his country and family being destroyed. Saw half the population of the universe wiped out due to super powered people and then watched them returned again by super powered people. He must go around thinking, WTF is anyone meant to do with all this shit? The entire marvel universe is pretty much the MAD scenario writ large. You can't not have the supes, because if you haven't got any then someone else will and they might just chose to end your existence.

In theory essentially every government in the world ought to be in the biggest arms race we've ever seen to create as many and as powerful supes as can be imagined.