IGNORED

Ill

Boozy The Clown

I think this is a long way from actually being a game, well, according to a piece I'd read somewhere anyway. The guy behind those clips is some sort of vfx artist who creates movies/clips that look like games, he's said he now wants to actually make a real game as opposed to movies that simply look like games. Think this is his demo reel for the game. I could be wrong, or more so the thing I read may be talking shit, it could actually be well into development and not just a proposal reel.

I hope it comes to fruition because he's obviously very talented at creating some horrific imagery

Nearly all horror games isolate the main protagonist, kind of wish they didn't. By all means end the game In isolation but start it off with a civilization getting destroyed as you try to reach family and band with others as they get whittled away.

All the focus is on meat physics or turning it into an action game, not the things that are actually scary like losing your loved ones and seeing society fall apart.

Bit random but just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Retroid said:

All the focus is on meat physics or turning it into an action game, not the things that are actually scary like losing your loved ones and seeing society fall apart.

Quite a bit harder to construct than a gloomy basement with some noises coming from the next room.

On topic,  how far off are games looking as good as the first video here? 

The artist posts his work to Artstation, a few of these videos have gone up recently: https://www.artstation.com/chuvabak

"We are determined to make transformations in real-time in the game using bone scaling, different model sets, and available UE simulation tools. Rendered real-time in @unrealengine. ILL is not in full development now(working on a demo atm). We are actively looking for investment/publishing."

So the status of this is "it would be nice if we could do this and had backing and if it was an actual game".

1 hour ago, amc said:

I think this is a long way from actually being a game, well, according to a piece I'd read somewhere anyway. The guy behind those clips is some sort of vfx artist who creates movies/clips that look like games, he's said he now wants to actually make a real game as opposed to movies that simply look like games. Think this is his demo reel for the game. I could be wrong, or more so the thing I read may be talking shit, it could actually be well into development and not just a proposal reel.

I hope it comes to fruition because he's obviously very talented at creating some horrific imagery

yeah it could be years and this looks like a cool concept demo.

If it’s a handful of years away why not just ditch the last gen development and focus.

That Kena game is by a visual fx guy. It looks limited in scope but deliverable, I think these devs want some investment.

I really want to play stuff like this but I just don’t play anything with jump scares. Too stressful.