PS Plus Feb 2021 - Destruction All Stars,Control: UE and Concrete Genie

mdn2

Most will probably know this but if you only own a PS4 it's possible to still claim the PS5 games and add them to your library.

It won't work through your PS4 console so you either have to download the PS app or log onto the PlayStation store via your mobile phone or computer and add them to your library that way.

Personally I don't see myself upgrading to a PS5 till the end of the year but its nice to know they'll be in the library waiting.

Amazing month. Shame I've finished Control and Concrete Genie before, but they're both awesome and I'll happily go back to Control and see what's been done with it on PS5.

For folk that haven't played Genie, I loved it, but it won't be for everyone. They made an interesting choice towards the end of the game where the movement/mechanics really change, and in my opinion for the better. Made me sad that it took so long to reach that point and that more of the game wasn't like that, particularly given it happens far enough in that I'll bet most reviewers never even saw that side of the game. 

That is a greath month, I completed Conrcrete Genie last year it is a nice little indie title. Looking forward to enjoying Control. With all these PS+ games who needs gamepass?

21 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

They’ve really pulled the stops out for this month to give them very positive PR in the wake of gamepass criticism. 

What's this about? Did I miss something?

These deals are generally made months in advance, btw so it's highly unlikely to be a panic move in response to somebody saying something about Game Pass.

24 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

What's this about? Did I miss something?

These deals are generally made months in advance, btw so it's highly unlikely to be a panic move in response to somebody saying something about Game Pass.

No nothing specific. I probably worded it badly. Just that it’s a good response from Sony to the threat of gamepass’s positive points. 

Thats been going on for months so I imagine the uptick in quality of PS+ is no coincidence. 

Ah okay, thought there was some more mainstream complaints about it that I'd missed. I think it's just as likely the uptick in perceived quality is in line with them just releasing a new console too. November onwards have all been strong months so far, especially if you're playing on PS5.

The hilarious thing here is I loved the look of Concrete Genie from the trailer at E3 and then never heard about it again so I assumed it was still in development hell.

Instead it's been out two years and now I can play it free :P

1 hour ago, Haribokart said:

In the real world I don’t think most people give a shit about gamepass. I’d guess this was just a good month and we’ll get more crap sooner or later.

Gamepass has just passed 18 million active subscribers...

Christ. You bought the game beforehand. You should've waited. This is the pre-order issue all over again.

Doesn't help that 505/Remedy cocked up the entire transition with the Ultimate Edition, but jeez... PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. Etc. Etc.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Bet this will make it less likely to have cooler new stuff in the future. It’s nearly the equivalent of the argument over free school meals or free broadband. Ie why should everybody get something if some can/have choose to pay for it.

I do think companies could stand to be a bit more discerning with when they put games on sale or flexible with the cancellation period in cases such as this. I bought the game towards the end of its recent PSN sale to play upon the launch of the PS5 version, and had my refund claim accepted within hours of making it because the purchase was within 14 days and hadn’t been downloaded.

I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to deny refunds if a game has been downloaded, but it wouldn’t hurt Sony to be generous with the eligibility period for anyone who has purchased and not used it, even if the refund in such cases comes in the form of store credit.