IGNORED

MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

I think someone has already said this, but if there's any properly dead and not salvageable home micros - speccy, C64, Amstrad or whatever, I might be interested in taking them off your hands. It might be heresy to some, but I want them for decoration in my office.

Just now, ScouserInExile said:

I think someone has already said this, but if there's any properly dead and not salvageable home micros - speccy, C64, Amstrad or whatever, I might be interested in taking them off your hands. It might be heresy to some, but I want them for decoration in my office.

Not sure about the home computing, but if you ever need an old PS1 original shell, or PS2, then they are abundant, and also taking up space I could be jamming something else in there :)

34 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Not sure about the home computing, but if you ever need an old PS1 original shell, or PS2, then they are abundant, and also taking up space I could be jamming something else in there :)

They're worth a thought. They could pretty easily be mounted on my wall, if they're empty. Plus, they actually mean something to me, given that I worked fro SCEE in the build up to both their launches.

Let me know what you've got.

9 hours ago, roobarb said:

Aha you see I win because the QL isn't officially a 'speccy' 8-)

Ha! I do my spreadsheets on my mac @roobarb so I'm not in the market for a QL. Beautiful design though.

@MikeBeaver I'll happily buy the +3 whatever state it's in but I'm not in any hurry and tbh I don't want to take you away from the forum photo updates, which are awesome/rllmuk's answer to Antiques Roadshow...

1 hour ago, nightwaxon said:

I love this thread. As a previous contributor to Mikes loot, he must have one awesome collection of games and consoles. 

I kept quite a few choice pieces from that lot of yours, the SNES and Mario RPG are very nicely sitting on my bedside shelf, even turned on the bedroom telly for the first time in 6 years to have a go on it .

I paid a 1/3 for this lot than I did for yours! And it took 3 trips to fit it all in the car, and you saw how good my car filling skills were at the time, one of the big bags has died a death, a Gamecube made a break for it out of the side of the bag 😛

Today has mostly been spent just listing PS1/2 games, nothing special, and have made a start on the unboxed N64 stuff, it's NEVER ending!

Oh, and in amongst that, a box full of faulty Saturn titles arrived, so had to clean those up, because of course I can't pick a task and do it till it's finished, I HAVE to try doing 5 things at once :)

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Any Xbox games or controllers could you send me a hollah mike please 

Only spotted one OG Xbox game so far, something sealed but not exciting, anything specific you're after? As there is a box of maybe 200 Xbox games in the office, although currently they are burried under a simmilar box of PS2 titles, all the empty card board boxes and then they have a coupel of chairs and all this new stuff in front of them 😛

There should be some controllers, as there are a couple of Xbox consoles.

So far, I've smashed through the random PS1/2/360 games that were in a couple of boxes, all the N64 and SNES unboxed games are sorted and done, I've filled 2 x N64 console boxes ( just standard console, not pack in versions ), 2 x SNES Mario World Packs, 1 x Mario All Star's Pack, a NES Super Set and a NES Mario Bros. Set plus a badly torn MD1 Console.

Those have been stacked up on the top shelf, ready for the day Doncaster VGM returns.

Today, when I can face getting out of the house, it will be the turn of the GB/GBC/GBA/DS unboxed stuff, then the NES, basically just running through all the stuff from day 1's collection really, the bits that were in that first picture of them all stacked in front of the filling cabinet, once all that lot is sorted and listed, I can actually start taking boxes off the big piles and going through those one at a time, as apart from a quick look while stacking them, I don't have much of a clue to what is in there, could all be shit, could be solid gold :)

@Fireproofradiator +3 has your name on it, @roobarb same with the QL with you, will shout once I'm closer to them :)

Also, does ayone have a love of third party pads? Not sure what's here, but any 3rd party stuff will go in the bin, so once I've gone through things, I'll stick a pic up in here and anyone is welcome to them for postage costs, saves landfill hopefully , same with most things 3d party tbh, memory cards and rumble packs spring to mind, there may not be much, but anything there is will be free to a good home :)

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Only spotted one OG Xbox game so far, something sealed but not exciting, anything specific you're after? As there is a box of maybe 200 Xbox games in the office, although currently they are burried under a simmilar box of PS2 titles, all the empty card board boxes and then they have a coupel of chairs and all this new stuff in front of them 😛

There should be some controllers, as there are a couple of Xbox consoles.

So far, I've smashed through the random PS1/2/360 games that were in a couple of boxes, all the N64 and SNES unboxed games are sorted and done, I've filled 2 x N64 console boxes ( just standard console, not pack in versions ), 2 x SNES Mario World Packs, 1 x Mario All Star's Pack, a NES Super Set and a NES Mario Bros. Set plus a badly torn MD1 Console.

Those have been stacked up on the top shelf, ready for the day Doncaster VGM returns.

Today, when I can face getting out of the house, it will be the turn of the GB/GBC/GBA/DS unboxed stuff, then the NES, basically just running through all the stuff from day 1's collection really, the bits that were in that first picture of them all stacked in front of the filling cabinet, once all that lot is sorted and listed, I can actually start taking boxes off the big piles and going through those one at a time, as apart from a quick look while stacking them, I don't have much of a clue to what is in there, could all be shit, could be solid gold :)

@Fireproofradiator +3 has your name on it, @roobarb same with the QL with you, will shout once I'm closer to them :)

Also, does ayone have a love of third party pads? Not sure what's here, but any 3rd party stuff will go in the bin, so once I've gone through things, I'll stick a pic up in here and anyone is welcome to them for postage costs, saves landfill hopefully , same with most things 3d party tbh, memory cards and rumble packs spring to mind, there may not be much, but anything there is will be free to a good home :)

Nah nothing in particular just if you found any I would consider them :)

Any idea where this stuff has come from? Shut down retro shop? Or serious collector? Even for a retro shop it’s better stuff than I ever see in them!

Is this about the point we read about a retro shop being burgled last week!

I’d seriously love to dig through mystery retro boxes, I’d offer to help sort it for free if I was nearer!

40 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

Any idea where this stuff has come from? Shut down retro shop? Or serious collector? Even for a retro shop it’s better stuff than I ever see in them!

Is this about the point we read about a retro shop being burgled last week!

I’d seriously love to dig through mystery retro boxes, I’d offer to help sort it for free if I was nearer!

Chap and his ex wife used to run / supply / deal with loads of game shops back in the 90's / early 2000's, he's also a proper boot sale adventurer, that's where I met him.

Some time around 2011 or 12  he started saying he had all this stuff, this went on for 18 months, maybe 2 years, then he said he'd got multiples of Crash Bandicoot etc, again, nothing materialised.

Eventually, back in what, 2016, he sent actual pictures through of them, hundreds of them!! We agreed a price, I bought loads, I lost out on that , although at the time, it seemed like a good deal, I STILL have some of them, out of 240 @£20 each, there must be 20 still kicking around, oh well.

A month or so after, he sent me some pictures of more stuff, this time it was NES, SNES, Megadrive etc etc, an unbelieveable amount of stuff, but again, never heard anything more about it, I've not seen him since 2017, a couple of months back, I thought of giving him a shout, so I did, he said they'd be getting rid of stuff soon, asked me for prices on various consoles etc and we left it at that, he called maybe a month ago, asking again as he'd forgot, waffled for a bit and then nothing until Sunday, when I saw him call, thought " oh, fuck this, it's going nowhere " and didn't answer, thankfully he then sent a text message, said the stuff was available NOW, and I set about securing a vehicle to go have a look.

Think you're about caught up now ... welll, apart from where it's been.

It's been in the loft of one of their properties, now that house prices are through the roof, the place is getting sold, and apparently...... there is more to come from other units!! ffs, I NEED a bigger office!

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

I might be if they have decent analog sticks, useful for repairing other pads!

Just now, Pistol said:

I might be if they have decent analog sticks, useful for repairing other pads!

There are a good 4 or 5 that are in plastic bags, unused, they look shit, but there is card around the sticks, so they're probably protected nicely.

13 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Is that a master system and phantasy star I see before me?

It is, the front page of the manual is missing 😭😭

here are today’s boxes of stuff, obviously being close to hand and mostly unknown to me, I thought I’d go through and do some pictures….

3E80DCD2-258B-4E91-A630-DBFCC2FBF497.jpeg

FDD11624-E7CB-4049-A165-D90FAE6698EC.jpeg

434D25CF-696E-44F6-B982-1D4DE6024425.jpeg

8CB0FF07-ADB1-4F9B-AEB2-4EE96B996952.jpeg

5C16655E-8EC0-4EE7-AC69-A9AAD86711CF.jpeg

FBC743F2-C663-4642-9C6D-B2DE0B22F94C.jpeg

F27C27A8-AD02-4772-A668-47F488E1F04C.jpeg

9333FF17-036A-4BA9-AEBC-64F370C2CC0D.jpeg

FAD30C20-6AA4-4DAD-AF78-A01476DEEA68.jpeg

06AB10C9-9BC3-457E-AEB1-10EC99EB5D61.jpeg

EFCF7FC5-6C5B-4CB1-B010-51D3A0B87C48.jpeg

D931B7CA-5960-4C89-A8B5-7AF1F2D3C89E.jpeg

B0F0BAD5-29BF-4ECD-8346-37E77290CF81.jpeg

B3779249-9BA0-4F2E-B84F-42DAFFBB4299.jpeg

I'm not in the market for controllers, but if you come across Mad Catz Dreamcast controllers or the Sega Surfwave (PS2 Wireless pad), they're worth saving from the bin. 

35 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

This is one of my favourite threads on the forum @MikeBeaver, I love it whenever I see you have posted an update - especially when you add backstory and pictures which always contains something interesting. Keep up the good work!

Cheers dude, I’m half thinking I’ve bought too much / given myself too much work, and then I got a call this afternoon, so of course, I went and got more…. Glutton for punishment, and, after such a woeful time at the Carboot sales so far, hitting the mother load of retro bundles ( for the price ) can’t be turned down, if I didn’t buy it, someone else would have done, all bumping company coffers and eventually I might have a year where I take a decent salary 😂

If Ninja Doctor hasn't dibbsed me then Phantasy Star is one of the few I still need and I'm more concerned with a working game than a perfect manual so...you know...dibs.

If you ever end up with any non-working (or working, but they'll be gutted) gcon45's i'd be very interested. Need some donor shells and they are perfect.