MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

6 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

@MikeBeaver was kind enough to offer to look out for Minidisc stuff for me in the upcoming Car Boot Sale season, in response to my Wanted post on this very forum.

Which set me wondering what we are likely to see this season. After a year of lockdown with no outlets other than FB Marketplace, Shpock, Gumtree etc to sell, I'm hoping this might be a bumper season.

I'm hoping to see:

- XBox One & PS4 collections 

- Silly cheap 360 / PS3 games

- the odd Switch title if the traders don't get them first

- maybe some 3DS stuff

- Unboxed Amiibo

- Lots of cheap jigsaw puzzles (don't judge me) 

- a few of the minis (Megadrive/SNES/NES) 

- An absolute Avalanche of music CDs & DVDs

Proper retro stuff disappeared in any volume nearly 10 years ago so that will be as rare as ever. 

Any other Nostradamuses out there? 

Ps: Minidisc recorders, players and discs still wanted :)

I’ve added to my amiibo collection today, he had more!!

plenty opened, and a few sealed!

there is bound to be a lot of stuff kicking about, although, last year the boots were open, I expected a lot more than I found, but there were still some fun finds :)

38 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

See the above post, I don’t care if anyone knows:)

so..how much do you think you’ll  bring in from all this?  I’m thinking of you as RLLMUKs own Frank Fritz.

5 minutes ago, Welrain said:

so..how much do you think you’ll  bring in from all this?  I’m thinking of you as RLLMUKs own Frank Fritz.

I have A, no idea who that is and B, no idea :lol:
Well, I have a rough idea, I work on 40%, that way, after all the bills and fee's / shipping etc have been paid out, I'm looking at 10%, it's not a great amoutn, but sometimes you get more, other times, less, plus there is a shit load of work involved in something like these job lots, plenty of tatt ( usually, not so much in this one, although that big box of USA SNES titles are ALL homebrew carts, and as such, have been stuffed on a shelf for I don't know what ).

Hoping there is some interest in the spare Analog Nt tbh, as I've just discovered it's the VGA not HDMI version, I'll be keeping the first one I got from him, as that does both and has the White ports, plus, it had a knackered FC port that I attempted to fix, and then had to send to someone else to sort out, once the video releases, I'll post it up as he's ( the cod3r on Youtube ) has recorded it.

14 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

Although the Amiibo's are nice, it's all about the Celestion Speaker upon which they sit. You Sir, are really living the dream. Fair Play. :slowclap:

Dare you to guess how much they were ;)

They're Ditton 44's, have a set of 15's and a Denon micro hi fi that I'm going to give to the other half, seeing as she lives on the road where the old Celestion factory used to sit ( fun fact, my shortest EVER job was in that very factory, I worked from 8am to 12, at which point, I left for lunch, drove a few miles away, called the agency I'd crashed my car and couldn't go back, dirty place that was!! ).

The Denon and 15's, and original Denon speakers, were less than £50 at auction, so yeah, you can imagine what sort of price the 44's were :)

5 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I have A, no idea who that is and B, no idea :lol:
Well, I have a rough idea, I work on 40%, that way, after all the bills and fee's / shipping etc have been paid out, I'm looking at 10%, it's not a great amoutn, but sometimes you get more, other times, less, plus there is a shit load of work involved in something like these job lots, plenty of tatt ( usually, not so much in this one, although that big box of USA SNES titles are ALL homebrew carts, and as such, have been stuffed on a shelf for I don't know what ).

Hoping there is some interest in the spare Analog Nt tbh, as I've just discovered it's the VGA not HDMI version, I'll be keeping the first one I got from him, as that does both and has the White ports, plus, it had a knackered FC port that I attempted to fix, and then had to send to someone else to sort out, once the video releases, I'll post it up as he's ( the cod3r on Youtube ) has recorded it.

D6C5C4C7-1E2A-418B-91B5-1551218F8147.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

What’s with the text written on some cartridges?

s-n , str , and things like that.

Does it mean something obvious that I don’t know

It means it's more of a job trying to get it off... or not possible in some cases :(

Just how the previous owner lablled his stuff I guess, pretty annoying when a MINT MGS on the Gameboy Color has a sodding * drawn on it though, totally ruined the price, well, until I can find one that is in a better state and switch the cart out, hopefully a faulty one will turn up :p

I'm giving up for the night, that's most of the software anyway, but there are a couple of modded OG xboxes , a PS2 with HDD, Retro Duo Pocket ( SNES portable ) couple of Game gear's, one with VGA out mod. 2 modded ( and painted :( ) PAL Snes consoels, both region modded and various other bits and pieces, but it's been a long day, a lot of miles ( not Morales ) and I feel like going home to play Actraiser :)

12 hours ago, Fuddle said:

Weird.

i can’t think of any reason I would want to write something on mine.

It’s pretty obvious what they are.

A load of the second hand SNES carts that I used to own had the name of the game written on the top in Sharpie. Presumably it was so they could see what game it is when they were stacked or in racks 

30 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

A load of the second hand SNES carts that I used to own had the name of the game written on the top in Sharpie. Presumably it was so they could see what game it is when they were stacked or in racks 

Fortunately, a little IPA and that Sharpie comes off, this cold paint, is just that, a sort of pain, perhaps nail varnish, even with a bit of Iso and some elbor grease, it doesn't really come off, and I suspect nail varnish remover would destory the actual plastic... as an old Saturn Mk1 found out many, many years ago, when I tried using it to clean it :(

I know people like mint stuff but I've got a soft spot for stuff that's obviously been loved. I've got a miracle world manual where some kid's coloured the cover in. It's quite nice I've got that relic of something they probably loved.

14 minutes ago, phresh said:

If you haven't got any you could give it a try with CT1 Multi-Solve, it's targeted more at DIY but seems to remove a lot of stubborn stuff.

I'll give that a look, thanks :)

1 hour ago, ymaohyd said:

Love popping into this thread for the latest pics. Are you selling any of this stuff directly here or only on eBay? I’m interested in the Moon DS game.

Everything will end up on eBay at some point, but if anyone wants anything, then I'm always happy to sell for a bit less to forum members ( more discount if you're a supporter ;)  gotta get those forum subs up ), anything I can keep from the corporate coffers and reduce prices for others is a win in my book :)

1 hour ago, jonnyalpha said:

Oh my god. How much are N64 carts these days? Are prices high at the minute or relatively sensible? 

Mid range, and going up, Shadowgate 64 is £400 boxed complete, that's sold listings !!

14 hours ago, Dudley said:

I'm not sure I actually know your ebay, mind linking again?

3 hours ago, X_2_0 said:

I’d appreciate a link to your eBay too!  

2 hours ago, Tim said:

as would I of you don't mind sharing!

To save time ( I'm lazy :p ) I've stuck the link in my about me section on the profile :)

Appreciate people taking a look, but yeah, anything you want, forum members get preferential discounts :)

11 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

so today’s find whilst going through things....

an original DS with a “Loopy” capture card in it!!

B09C2FB1-9DA8-453C-9131-2270D60745AA.jpeg

That’s pretty big. Would have been massive if it was a 3DS as apparently the capture mods are no longer made.

1 hour ago, Dig Dug said:

That’s pretty big. Would have been massive if it was a 3DS as apparently the capture mods are no longer made.

Handy for grabbing GBA footage though.. if that's your thing, and well, it can all be pretty much done in emulation now, so yeah, few yers too late.

It's a nice curio though, I might hang on to it, not that it will ever get used, Mac user here, had to dig that laptop out to test it, hate Windows :lol: