IGNORED

MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

MikeBeaver

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

3915A101-3D0A-4384-B218-67149E944D30.thumb.jpeg.222a3eefbf2ee02b3694cfdf53acd7c7.jpeg

What are these?

Great haul!

As @loathsomeleopardsays, it's a bunch of Wii consoles, there were 7, 5 of which are now working and 2 have gone in the bin.

46 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Random , do any of the modded Xboxes have the flicker filter removed? 

Erm... I don't know what that is :D

On 31/01/2021 at 20:27, MikeBeaver said:

Erm... I don't know what that is :D

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Programs#Flicker_Filter

So what this basically does is remove the aggresive flicker filter on all xboxes by default that gives it the trademark dark and blurry look.

I'm looking for one with XBMC and this installed so I can finally play games without smear-o-vision :)

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Programs#Flicker_Filter

So what this basically does is remove the aggresive flicker filter on all xboxes by default that gives it the trademark dark and blurry look.

I'm looking for one with XBMC and this installed so I can finally play games without smear-o-vision :)

I might still have that xbe, not sure what version it is though. If the file alone is any good to you let me know and I'll look on my old HDs.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wonderm said:

Intriguing. Off to Google... 

GPD Q9, that's all I've found out so far, think it's pre XD etc though, so getting on a bit, it's a nice size and has slider style sticks.

35 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

That is a cool collection. From the games, it doesn't look like this is is bargain bin leftovers, it's come from somewhere where they put thought into collecting some memorable and worthwhile games. 

Not even the half of it, guys got a better collection than I have, although, now I've got a lot more for myself here :)

Just now, AlexM said:

Do you have an eBay store or similar where you sell your items?

I do, but I don't promote it on here, sort of over stepping / self promotion, plus, if you want anything, I'll just bang it in trading for you and do it cheaper ;)

21 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

GPD Q9, that's all I've found out so far, think it's pre XD etc though, so getting on a bit, it's a nice size and has slider style sticks.

interested just out of curiosity if you're not planning on keeping it

25 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I do, but I don't promote it on here, sort of over stepping / self promotion, plus, if you want anything, I'll just bang it in trading for you and do it cheaper ;)

Well I don’t need anything, I just wanted to browse. The amount of things I would buy if I had more disposable income.. 

18 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Is that a second gen vita I see before me?

( although I’m sorted now for a vita though if that master system works...)

It is indeed, there are lots of memory cards though, and even a 64gb one in the Vita TV I think !!

Will get the MS tested, it's got a lovely set of 3 phono's on the back as well, so an AV mod?

17 minutes ago, Wonderm said:

interested just out of curiosity if you're not planning on keeping it

Yeah, that's going, I've got 2 JXD 7800's in bit's from the first lot that I'm keeping ( once I get round to ordering new batteries for them as these were knackered and lasted 5 minutes ) and I've cleaned the XD up and taken it home with me already :-p

So your name is on it, I'll have a look for a rough price, make sure it's all working nicely and then knock a bit off for you :)

13 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Well I don’t need anything, I just wanted to browse. The amount of things I would buy if I had more disposable income.. 

I'll drop you a PM, don't want anyone saying I'm using the forum to hawk my scavenged wares ;)

This thread is more about the fact that there are lots like this out there, still, after all these years, it's staggering the amount of stuff I've got to get through now, I'd literally ONLY just finished sorting out the joblot I'd bought last weekend ( No pics I'm afraid of that lot ) .

Just now, Dig Dug said:

Some of the games in there made me nostalgic. It really is a treasure trove.

I literally can't wait to get to work tomorrow, everything needs testing, it is at tht point where I will be making a rather large box of things to take home, most of those Switch games already have my name on them, looking forward to playing through Astral Chain again for starters.

There was also a box full of Amiibo, they are now on display, not getting sold, A Legend of Zelda tTi-Force Heroes and Mario Kart 8 pin badge box sets, a PS2 phat key ring and some fridge magnets of mario and co, keyring is going on my keys, fridge magnets are going on the office fridge, joiing other Mario magnets I already stuck on there :p

I really do wish I could keep more of the things I get in, but my room is alreaady bursting it the seams, I had to rejig the counter top in the week to find a home for a lovely NTSC SNES I'd got the week before, but I've been after one for a long time, had one in the office I was planning to bring home, but this was boxed and is literally gorgeous ( yeah, I know, I'm weird, I prefer the US SNES ) going to take my PAL unit back to work as a trade ;) 

Pulled a few of the GBA carts apart, verrified genuine, there were a couple of Final Fantasy titles that were fake, and Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 which are obviously repros with anguage patches, not really any other way to get them in English I guess, and I've clocked a few of the NTSC SNES games are likley to be repro's also, but DQ V, well, I think that's coming home just to play through, it's definitely well done.

3 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Very nice haul, no shovelware in sight!

Let me know if you'll be selling any of the games individually rather than as bundles. There's a few Dreamcast and GBC/GBA ones there on my wanted list.

Everything goes as individuals, unless you build a personal bundle ;)

I'm going through them and geting them all listed / tested, but I've started with the things I don't want to keep, so that more gets out of the way before I get soppy on things I "need" to take home ;)