MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

Wow, I was so scared that everything was going to be fucked and this would turn out to be basically some second-hand dealer's method of getting rid of a ton of literal trash. But by the fact that the first bits you've tried have turned out to be ok I would say you got an amazing deal. 

8 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Wow, I was so scared that everything was going to be fucked and this would turn out to be basically some second-hand dealer's method of getting rid of a ton of literal trash. But by the fact that the first bits you've tried have turned out to be ok I would say you got an amazing deal. 

I've had to put some work into things here and there, and with the remaining PS2's/Xbox's/ Wii's, I am expecting more problems, as those are machines that tend to have issues with reading discs and HDD's in the Xbox's, but we shall see.... might get up and go start work ;)

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I know we're all putting our names down for things but I might have use of a Retron.

Done

1 hour ago, watusi said:

I reckon I’d be interested in a Xbox if it’s modded. Always meant to pick up a second for system link outrun 

Done

57 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Put me down for a Wii.

And done.

Got to do the days parcels, then I can get cracking on with testing more tat / doing repairs, which is obviously more fun :)

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

But by the fact that the first bits you've tried have turned out to be ok I would say you got an amazing deal. 

But has he tried Cyberpunk yet? :hat:

2 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

I may be interested in the GC Pound cable (think it’s for NTSC systems only).

It worked just swell on the UK systems here, as I used that to test them, didn't work on the N64 though and as yet to try it on a PAL SNES, those are getting tried later.

Just now, DeciderVT said:

But has he tried Cyberpunk yet? :hat:

No, but I HAVE installed it, I'm aware it has bugs and serious issues, but I've played all the Saints Row games, even finished 3 on the Switch, so how bad can it be, really?

10 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

It worked just swell on the UK systems here, as I used that to test them, didn't work on the N64 though and as yet to try it on a PAL SNES, those are getting tried later.

No, but I HAVE installed it, I'm aware it has bugs and serious issues, but I've played all the Saints Row games, even finished 3 on the Switch, so how bad can it be, really?

I finished it this week after 91 hours and the only serious issue I had it one side gig got blocked by someone dying in the wrong place on the launch day version. Sheer bad luck.

Other than that it's much, much more stable than Watch Dogs Legion was, there's one memory leak that causes a crash fairly reliably after about 5 hours so I just started shutting it down daily.

(This is on Xbox One X)

Then again I never thought the Saints Rows were bad on console but I've never played the PC ones.

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

First Xbox tested... it's going very slowly, mainly because it has Coinops 7 installed and loads of emulators, I've accidentally got stuck playing MK 64 :)

That's this afternoon out the window. 

5/10 working xbox's, 3 crystal and 2 black are dead, shame, as one of the dead crystal ones has some lovely / horrid ( delete as you find appropriate ) lights inside, would have kept it for myself, but it's coming up with a service message, and I suspect it's something to do with the massive 160gb HDD slapped inside, cba sorting it out.

Moved on to the PS2 slimlines now, one is standarrd , works just fine, the other "had" a Matrix Infinity 2.0 installed, but it wasn't working, so am in the middle of removing it.

3 x Original PS2 systems, 2 with HDD's installed, 1 x 160gb, 1 x 300gb and haklf silver half black.

All playing discs and stuff off the HDD's.

On to the Wii consoles shortly.

Once all of these are sorted / tested, I'll sort some proper pics out, but for now it is just a never ending pile of stuff to get tested and put in complete "sets" with controllers, cables etc.

PAL Snes - No audio / video - Swapped a few caps round, works fine now.

Super Famicom - No sound / Audio - swapped caps, still no luck, so I've given up on that one, to the spares pile.

Hamy portable SNES - Fitted a USB MINI Socket and double sticky tape'd the battery in, running the battery down with Rock n Roll racing playing in the background to double check my soldering work.

NES PAL - Nope, grey screen, blinking light. The cart connector feels REALLY loose, will look at it another day.

No Wii's tested today, I've had enough now :p

Wii's tested and sorted, 5 out of 7 are working, several had the Homebrew channel, those have been reset.

And with that, it's all gone through, now time to start getting some pictures sorted, will update the thread later with what was achieved from this little lot :)

9 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I'd have left the Homebrew channel on, those seem to go for a lot more online.

better not to have to deal with people who them balls it up, I don't mind normal customer service, trying to walk people through using USB loaders and stuff is just extra work I won't get paid for, if they want homebrew, it's a piece of piss to sort out, and then it's up to them to keep it updated / sorted with whatever iOS's they need.

On 26/01/2021 at 16:13, MikeBeaver said:

3 x Original PS2 systems, 2 with HDD's installed, 1 x 160gb, 1 x 300gb and haklf silver half black.

All playing discs and stuff off the HDD's.

On to the Wii consoles shortly.

Once all of these are sorted / tested, I'll sort some proper pics out, but for now it is just a never ending pile of stuff to get tested and put in complete "sets" with controllers, cables etc.

Have you tried a disc in any of those phat PS2s? Might be interested.

7 minutes ago, Vimster said:

To be honest I would prefer a Wii without it so I can mod from scratch. 

I've had enough hasle with my own one ( it's ideal for ripping discs to make sure they are 100% readable before listing them ) over the years, in the end last time I wiped it and started from scratch, it just seemed easier and less hassle trying to work out what needed downloading etc

51 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Don’t need a Saturn, don’t need a Saturn.

that n64 looks nice though. 

It was originally a Grey one, but needed the cart slot swapped over, so while I was in there, I switched the shell round with a faulty one I had.

Sulking a little with the Analogue Nt....

Bart vs Space Mutants has some VERY strange graphics once in game, I have tried both a PAL A and PAL B cart, wonder if it's one of the ones that has problems due to the NTSC PPU being used over the 50Hz UK one, it's not a huge issue, unlike the other... the Famicom slot has 2 squashed pins, pushed right down inside the unit, it's fine if I want to keep it, fucking ruins the resale value though.. think it means I have to keep it now, or maybe crack it open and desolder the slot and replace it.

I think you got a great deal here Mike and it must be such a fun project to work through.

I am so intrigued as to what the story of this stuff is. I'd lean towards a tech collector who died (because the person who bought, owned and modded all this would know they would get so much more than the sale price) but it could easily be a bunch of people or for from an enthusiasts group as it is SO MUCH.