IGNORED

MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

MikeBeaver

18 minutes ago, watusi said:

I'm quite excited to watch the unboxing unfold on here! So many exciting old things...

It's going to be easier to find a thread on this later in a few years than trying to find the posts in this megathread. I'm going to split it out.

I'm still trying to decant it, appreciate the thread move, just discovered a "Supaboy" from Hyperkin, so HAD to plug it in and try it out, seems to only run NTSC titles though, so a few laps of REock n Roll racing and back to it, to which I have discovered a PS Vita, with what appears to be hacked firmware, as there is a 64gb Micro SD in the cart slot in an adaptor, now sticking it on charge.

3 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

Bagsie first dibbs on all the Jaguar stuff!

Don't think there is any, if there is, you'll be the first to know and probably the only one who cares ;)

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I had to lol at the suitcase packing :lol:

Those cases are going to the bootsale, there will be someone wanting those at £10 each .

1 minute ago, Nathan Wind said:

Also, I'd totally tune into this on Twitch livestream. Just saying.

I would, but that would be more effort than I am comfortable with, I'd have to hoik the iMac into the other room as the iSight camera on it is the only thing I've got for streaming right now, well, apart from Kinect, and that doesn't fit either a Mac or the Series X :(

Broken the back of it, I'm just takign a break to reset the laptop looking thing, turns out it was a Surface Pro, 1st gen by all accounts, 128gb, nice little freebie random thinng to find in there.

Theres some treasure on the way folks :omg:

So far, tested and working...

Ps3 Super Slim - 500gb ( pads are a bit wonky, need looking at )

Silver Gamecube with controller

Purple Gamecube No Controller

"Pound" GC to HDMI converter cable

Mega CD and Mega Drive 2 ( with Sonic Megamix homebrew game inside )

I am refusing to try and plug anythign into this Analogue Nt until I find out what voltage it takes.

The Nomad needs a recap I think, it doesn't look great, will do a comparison between this one and the one I already have later.

More tested and working

White DS Lite

Wine Red DSi XL

Atomic Clear GBC

Microsoft Surface Pro ( 1st generation ) 128gb

GBA SP ( reshelled ) works but the screen has been damaged during the reshell process by the looks of it :(

White Original 3DS, with the Ambassador games.

PS TV, with a tasty 64gb official memory card inside!!

PS Vita 1000, running Henkaku with SD2Vita adaptor and 64gb Micro SD

2 x Retron 5 ( the controllers on the other hand... fucking useless things, 1 out of 4 works so far and I've been tinkering with them )

More tested / fixed and working.

Super Boy Handheld SNES / SFC console

N64 ( Cartridge slot was faulty, have swapped it for a good one I had in a dead purple N64, and switched the shell round at the same time.)

Sega Game Gear - Recapped and an RGB / VGA out board fitted

Faulty Game Gear ( Needs a recap at the very least )

PS4, 1.77 TB free space :blink2: All rear warranty stickers had been removed, so wasn't expecting it to work, seems fine, currently installing Watchdogs : Legion to make sure the drive is tip top.

Dreamcast ( looks like it's been inside a smokers lung ) falling to pieces, no leads, not holding out much hope.

It looks like you’ll make money on this with ease. 

The Sega Nomad (and multi-mega) was on my wish list when I was younger, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the flesh. The Super-Boy I have only just heard of. 

Will you be taking any pictures of these items as you sort them out? 

I doubt I’d buy any of this myself, I’ve had all of the standard consoles from the n64/PS/Saturn era onwards and sold them all as I didn’t use them anymore, but seeing them brings back the related memories. The nostalgia radar pings, then I remember how many consoles I’ve re-bought, setup, not used, dusted off and sold again.

Boxed Sega Saturn, working a Treat

Dreamcast has been re-shelled, it actually works!!

Retro-Bit, Retro Duo

Light Blue Original DS

Boxed Retron HD

2 x JXD 7800b handhelds ( Boxed ) One is new, all inserts, original factory screen things on.

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Normal 5v USB plug will do. Works on mine and I just use my phones.

It's the original one, takes a barrel jack, there was only one in the pile of cables that fitted, so I couldn't help myself and had to try it... by Christ, it looks gorgeous.

1 minute ago, MikeBeaver said:

It's the original one, takes a barrel jack, there was only one in the pile of cables that fitted, so I couldn't help myself and had to try it... by Christ, it looks gorgeous.

It's lovely and by far the best NES thing you will ever own.. but it's worth a fortune so I'd get rid :lol: Probably pay for 3 quarters of what you bought off the bat.

Next up:-

Gears of War 320gb Xbox 360 S with matching controller, working.

iPega PG-9700 Gamepad ( Android handheld, currently trying to charge it up )

Various crappy famiclone handhelds, I'm lumping in an AtGames thing with these as it's also shit.

Hewlett packard ac200 Action Camera ( no charger and online specs indicate it's only 5mp, so probably shit )

"Hamy" Portable SNES ( Kinda like the Super Boy ) This has had it's charging port pushed in and needs looking at, and the battery cover is missing.

Just now, Mr Do 71 said:

The colour of that Dreamcast. :blink2:

It's not "quite" that bad any more, I had an empty shell to swap the top round on, but I'm going back in tomorrow, the GD-ROM sounds a bit flakey and I have a spare, plus the power switch is sticking down, but that can get dealt with at a later date, like when it goes up on the bay, for now I just wanted to get it sort of going, tomorrow involves testing 2 PS2 slims, 3 PS2 originals, 10 x Xbox consoles and 7 Wii's, fucking hell, I saved the best for last eh? :doh: