IGNORED

MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

MikeBeaver

52 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Surly you should be recording these and putting them on YouTube as you go through the haul. People love that shit. 

I should, yes, but it's fucking effort, I've done a couple of YT vids and they look shit, just raw footage without editing, but it is something to think about I guess.

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I have a game gear and master gear converter. That’s the same thing surely?

What you need is a GG with VGA out  so you can stick it on the telly ;) 

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

I had the same thought but you need someone else filming as a fly on the wall type of thing.

in the style of Commercial Breaks?

“Mike is busy trying to arrange for photos to be take. for eBay listings. Without them the items won’t attract much attention”

”Meanwhile Mike is sorting through boxes of new old stock”

“And Mike is making tea. He’s been up since 5am, trying to pour boiling hot water into a cup... containing a teabag”

39 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I dread to think what condition the cells are in inside that game gear battery pack. 

Dead, very dead 😂

ive not plugged them in tbf, not sure I’d risk it, but there just be a way of converting them to something more modern?

on a side note, just sat on the stairs at home, went to do some “repairs “…..

C0F7A3CC-A486-4A20-86D3-292F8E93C63E.jpeg

4184CFD4-1F9D-47CB-AB3C-BA9077C4A770.jpeg

208D89C0-073A-4EB2-8FF8-ADEB4C258EC1.jpeg

2DC1A559-3693-49FD-BF9F-A3017758798B.jpeg

0BEF1767-E3C8-4A0F-9AEC-BA67BFCCA1EB.jpeg

2E99349A-37FB-42D9-9721-E1AFD7B0F91D.jpeg

A6804BBE-1D67-47F0-B9ED-9C154E0A23D0.jpeg

D7BED352-A0EB-4202-A7F6-F6116BF34C84.jpeg

F9166438-B07E-453F-8503-D2FBB8878AAF.jpeg

38F5D9CD-43F8-4A53-9783-112A2B3A6F06.jpeg

12 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

Omg, same here! Not been able to find it for ages, just had vague memories. Got it for Xmas. Always wanted that Toxic Crusaders one as well. Let me know if selling!

Toxic tested and selling, not cleaned up, but was going to stick it up for £22.95 or offers, so how does £20 sound for it, and you can have the rest of them as well ( Kit Kat has corrosion on the terminals, I have just scraped it off a bit but not stuck any batteries in ) apart from the Skannerz thing.

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Toxic tested and selling, not cleaned up, but was going to stick it up for £22.95 or offers, so how does £20 sound for it, and you can have the rest of them as well ( Kit Kat has corrosion on the terminals, I have just scraped it off a bit but not stuck any batteries in ) apart from the Skannerz thing.

That’s a very generous offer! Happy to :) 

I have a tip for ironing boxes. Use greaseproof paper between the box and the iron. It offers a bit of protection from scorching and you don't get any fibres stuck to the box like you can if you use a cloth. 

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Ooh that's in lovely condition.

Will stick some more up in a bit, just hunting round for a decent RF cable, the machine is a bit dusty compared to the +3, but there are loads of tiny little carts, this thing looks proper cool, never seen one before.

15 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Nite things.

just spent ages sorting through, front, rear selves of PS1 games, and manuals, all nicely stored in a box, in alphabetical order, for when they might come in handy.

image.jpg

I had AAAAGHH when I was a kid! it was brilliant. 

16 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Will stick some more up in a bit, just hunting round for a decent RF cable, the machine is a bit dusty compared to the +3, but there are loads of tiny little carts, this thing looks proper cool, never seen one before.

The microdrives are certainly a thing of beauty!

I had a QL for a while when I was a kid, never got it to do anything useful but it was fun to muck about with it.

Is Maniac Mansion one of those games that's ridiculously expensive now? Because if it's reasonably priced I'd take it off your hands, working or not, just to go on the shelf with my big box Day of the Tentacle.

Linus Torvalds (AKA Mr Linux) owned a Sinclair QL, and said he got into developing his own software due to the crappy support for the platform, particularly in Finland.

I've never seen one outside the National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park, where they also have the One-Per-Desk variant with a built-in telephone. Well worth a visit if you're ever in the Milton Keynes area, but take a bottle of water, as all the old computers running makes the air ridiculously dry.