IGNORED

MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

MikeBeaver

5 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

A hefty load and no mistake! What's that betwixt the left end of the OG Xboxes and the red 360?

I want to say some kind of N64 game copier, like a dexdrive or CD64

outlier: some kind of 3DO model

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

A hefty load and no mistake! What's that betwixt the left end of the OG Xboxes and the red 360?

This was my first thought, but until it all arrives, those are the only pictures I have, oh, apart from the ones of them all stuck in random boxes / suitcases, along with bags full of wires and controllers !

56 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I want to say some kind of N64 game copier, like a dexdrive or CD64

outlier: some kind of 3DO model

Yeah, probably a floppy drive for the Snes, or maybe N64, I'm quite excited for the randomness.

17 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

If you need to make any bank on that I’ll give you £50 for that shiny thing sat on the og Xbox’s. 

Yeah.... NO :lol: That and the Nomad are what I need to shift to make sure the rest doesn't see me too much out of pocket, I mean, it could all be junk and not working, but that Analogue has white ports, from what little info I could find, the white ports were only offered to pre-orders, so if it is what I think it is, it's super limited !!

From their product page

"We produced a small batch of white controller ports exclusively for pre-orders. Interested in having your Nt outfitted with these exclusive white controller ports? Contact us directly at info@analogueinteractive.com and we’ll assemble your system with white ones instead of black.

We’ll only install the white controller ports if you email us - otherwise you’ll get the exact same custom controller port pictured below - except in the default black (which look just as good)."

I mean, it could be a fake, it could be faulty, or it could work a treat and be the bargain of the centuary, the fact it sat there for a good 6 hours before I pulled the trigger on it and THEN worked how to get it collected is still baffling me, someone should rightly have snapped this lot up well before I did.

2 minutes ago, mikejenkins said:

I looked at this listing two or three times, failed to spot the Nomad and didn't think twice about the weird looking silver thing. 

WHAT!!! The Analog NT was the first thing that peaked my interest, ended up buying it post midnight, had seen it and been messaging the seller since it was a few minutes old.

Eventually, seeing this made me take the plunge https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-Nt-Version-1-First-Edition-with-8bitdo-N30-Bluetooth-controller/264875140632?hash=item3dabc9e618:g:Xh4AAOSwooVfA2jQ

29 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

WHAT!!! The Analog NT was the first thing that peaked my interest, ended up buying it post midnight, had seen it and been messaging the seller since it was a few minutes old.

Eventually, seeing this made me take the plunge https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Analogue-Nt-Version-1-First-Edition-with-8bitdo-N30-Bluetooth-controller/264875140632?hash=item3dabc9e618:g:Xh4AAOSwooVfA2jQ

"Oh bother". It's about 15 mins away from me too.

Just now, mikejenkins said:

"Oh bother". It's about 15 mins away from me too.

I'd considered going myself if I couldn't get it collected, luckily, the freight company next door said they could get it picked up, so they got the job, I drove to Carlisle for a purchase before, and doing that much in a day has put me off such long journeys again, it nearly killed me, probably shouldn't have done it all in a day tbh and Portsmouth, although still a distance, would have been about half the time taken at ONLY 6.5 hours :p

23 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Holy crap, yeah that’s a hell of a description considering the asking price!:blink: I hope you didn’t drop that amount down without asking any questions!?

I aske if there were cables, he said yes, and I asked if I could get it collected, he volunteered that a couple or a few of the xbox consoles didn't work.. that was about it, it's only money at the end of the day, I've saved at least that much this year by the fruit machine places being closed ;)

Oddly, I'm more concerned about it being on a truck yesterday while the driver had to sleep off his lack of Tachometer hours than I was about it not being all there, although I guess it couldturn up and be several bags of bricks and rubbish still, I'll film it being opened, but now the courier has handled it, I suppose the proof of what was actually collected is in doubt, meh, it's a tricky one, on one hand, it's company money, so it's easier not to think about it... and then I remember that I own the company, so technically it is my money , Shroedingers wallet as it were :sherlock:

27 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

That's bizarre but so amazing. Wonder if someone passed away.

I don't think so, I checked his feedback, and I'd bought a 3DS and faceplates off him within the last year, so I don't know, maybe just having a tough time of lockdown, or buying a PS5/SX combo from scalpers?

I'd have expected there to be some bloody games!!

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If the Mega CD is going to be up for sale I could be interested.

@Mr Tonyhas first dibbs on anything, but I suspect a lot will be going up, I'll stick some of the better stuff here for folks first of course, once Tony has given it his once over.

As an aside, my mate, who I GAVE a Dreamcast arcade stick to ( which, 8 years roughly later is still in pieces awaiting to be made into a PC stick ) still has the MCD II I GAVE him, just laying around doing sod all... oh, when you used to think things were worthless and in the bloody way so dolled them out for free :doh:

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

is this thread ok for stuff I straight-up bought on eBay?

I think the mystery-box elements of this particular purchase warrant the bending of the rules. Besides, if we never had any of Mike's wheeler-dealings on here, we'd never have got to enjoy him cornering the market on Crash Bandicoots, which is in my retro forum top-ten.

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

We're all suckers here for great finds, so I vote yes!:)

I'm looking forward to seeing a juicy breakdown from Mike on his blowout. Great stuff!

Should be in the next couple of hours, fingers crossed it's not a load of old bricks and last weeks recycling...

22 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

what's the thing above the original DS/PSPs that looks like a switch with third party joycons and something stuck to the bottom?

Think it's a JXD system, but the version before the 7800b model, it's still not here, so I don't know yet :wacko:

6 hours ago, SeanR said:

You know, I was actually asking for me? I done went a bit mental on the retro. But I don’t want to spoil it.

Hell, I might even be able to have a spin-off thread out of it.

We have quite a few posts on Mike's treasure hunt. Should we split it out into a seperate thread? @MikeBeaver?