Are you satisfied with your next-generation console?

Are you satisfied with your next-gen console?   

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 21/01/2021 at 21:13, Marlew said:

You do understand, of course.

I have literally hundreds of old games to play on my PS5, but I've already played 98% of them, so they're nowhere near as interesting to me as new games.

That's it.

I don’t get this, if you don’t like playing old games on your PS5 what do you actually like about it given neither console has any new games!?

8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I don’t get this, if you don’t like playing old games on your PS5 what do you actually like about it given neither console has any new games!?

Well, since you were good enough to ask, I've enjoyed these new games:

Demon's Souls 

Miles Morales

Astro Bot

In terms of old games, I bought Persona 5 Royal because I enjoyed the ten hours of P5 I played a few years ago but got sidetracked. I saw P5R was the highest rated game of 2020 (mad, eh!) so I decided to buy this updated edition. What a great game. WRC9 is a worthwhile curio because of the haptics and one I completely ignored on the PS4. I would never play it without the PS5 pad. I also still play the wonderful M2 ShotTriggers releases which were released on the PS4 in Japan and the US. 

I also have a handful of 'new to me' PS5 games which were released or updated around the new console launches, I believe. AC Valhalla, COD, FIFA, Immortals, Destiny 2, probably some others, service crap, you know the type, gruel spread thin as graphene. All uninstalled after a couple of hours. 

As I've said several times recently, I don't feel that most games are worth my time and very very few are worth playing more than once. I would much rather have two or three Schneider Weisse Aventinus than a crate of Labatts. 

I hardly touch my series X. Really wish I’d gone Ps5 instead 

2 games I tried to play on it the other day wouldn’t even work - Dead Space and Control, so I just put them straight into my One X and they both worked perfectly.

Its a stupid size, doesn’t fit anywhere in my lounge and just sits behind the TV. 

Why wouldn't I? The SSD and DualSense are great, I can play many older games at 60 fps, I get to play a better version of cross-gen games like Miles Morales and Hitman 3 and best of all, Astro Bot and especially Demon's Souls were fantastic.

58 minutes ago, sandman said:

I hardly touch my series X. Really wish I’d gone Ps5 instead 

2 games I tried to play on it the other day wouldn’t even work - Dead Space and Control, so I just put them straight into my One X and they both worked perfectly.

Its a stupid size, doesn’t fit anywhere in my lounge and just sits behind the TV. 

Then sell it. Spend the money on something you'll actually enjoy. 

yes, I am enjoying the new machine, was running a One X before this launched, and I hardly ever played it.
Tetris Effect was announced and I knew I had to buy one for that, and checking yesterday, the status page says I have played it for an almost full 7 days so far, so yeah, I think I have had my monies worth out fo the box already.
I've given some other games a look in, but mostly it was a £571 Tetris box ( with 3 years gamepass thrown in ) and I am happy about that.

I have no interest in the Xbox One S/X so can't comment on that but did replace my PS4 Pro with a PS5.

It is ugly and huge but you don't notice that after a while. I initially didn't like the OS where things have been changed from PS4 seemingly 'just because' although as time goes on a lot of it makes more sense. I had an SSD in my Pro from day one so while loading is fast in PS4 games and the general OS I don't really notice any difference from what I am used to. Had three crashes using it almost daily over the past few months.

I do like how it makes older games run a lot better, the frame rate increase in something like GTA Online is huge - even the Pro (which was a huge step up from PS4 in this aspect) can't compare. PS5 specific games are amazingly fast and look stunning. I liked the huge amount of PS4 games you get free with the machine, half of which I have never played. The switcher is great and I absolutely love the Dualsense; the haptics, rumble, pressure triggers etc are excellent and it fits in my hand really well.

I think I was slightly initially underwhelmed due to the SSD in my Pro, huge changes in the OS and the fact that I started without any PS5 specific games. There is room for improvement - mainly stuff which was there on PS4 and isn't present here. I am not blown away but am very happy with this machine and the games currently available for it. Very excited for what it is going to do in the future.

20 hours ago, Treble said:

Then sell it. Spend the money on something you'll actually enjoy. 

Never a better time at the moment either you'll get back the money spent on it right now.