Another Resident Evil Showcase - VIIIage, Mercenaries and Resi 4 VR

Daddy Capcom bout to open up his trench and ask what are ya buying?

What's it gonna be in this thing? VIIIage deep dive I guess and shadow dropped demo maybe please? REm4ke teaser? Re-REmake?! 

Some new bullshit online co-op shanner that nobody wants will no doubt be served up. Shite movie trailer pish for sure.

Whatever it is, I take it we're all getting steaming for this, aye?! 

Just gonna grab a cold one from the fridge... doot do dootle doo...

ezgif-save-3.gif

"AAAAH!" :o

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

I love both the RE2 and RE3 remakes, if they can remake RE4 to the same standard I might just change my name to Stranger

Do the remakes represent much of a change from the originals or is it just skin deep?

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Do the remakes represent much of a change from the originals or is it just skin deep?

They're more like film remakes than what people tend to think of from a remake in gaming. Basically taking the settings, characters, mood and story beats and make a completely  new modern game with it. 

17 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I’m not too fussed about a RE4 remake and hope the people starting the rumours got a sneak peak at The Village and assumed it was RE4.

Would much rather have a Code Veronica remake please. 

I feel like a Resi 4 remake is both inevitable and unlikely at the same time.

Both RE2 and RE3 remakes are pretty short games, probably each less half the size of RE4. To attempt to mimic the quality of those games, and to tackle such a loved title that really hasn't aged badly seems a big risk at a big cost. I'll be thrilled if they do it, though. Would instantly be one of my most anticipated games ever.

Saw some rumours about a PlayStation exclusive demo for Village, which doesn't seem impossible given where the game was revealed and similar deals being done with demos previously.

I'm pretty hyped for this though, what they've shown so far looks incredible to me and if it's half as good as RE7 (which I just this week did a replay through of in preparation) then I think we're in for something special. Fingers crossed anyway.

I'd be all over a RE4 Remake if that was a thing though like someone else mentioned, I hope they're not completely ignoring Code Veronica. Which to me seems to be a title they keep forgetting exists for some reason!

I have an uncle who works at capcom. 

1. Village gameplay and demo. 

2. Trailer for new multiplayer game

3. Details on the new film

4. Switch timed exclusive

5. Resident Evil 4 remake footage and Date drop of late this year. 

Resident Evil 4 on the PS4 with the updated graphics is still a great game today.  If it had never been released I think it would stand up as a brand new game today.   The Resi2 and Resi3 remakes were transformational and I cant see how you'd do that with 4. The tank controls are integral to the gameplay and I can't think of anything they could do to remake it as a current gen game.  It still feels current gen to me.  Mind you, I liked Resident Evil 6 so what do I know.

18 hours ago, chris on the moon said:

I was just thinking the other day how much I love the name "resident evil". Much better than Biohazard. A horrible virus is a biohazard, yes, but a mansion full of used needles and dog shit would be a biohazard as well.

“Biohazard” was a cool word for a bit in the 1990s though. Everyone discovering that cool icon that looks like a goth radiation symbol for a little while until The X Files came out and it was all about alien faces.

2 hours ago, jimmbob said:

I'm calling it. The next three Resi games are Resident Evil 4, remade in three parts.

VIIIage is first.

Then CasIXe.

Then IsXand.

:o

Xanadu. 

Isn't Code Veronica developed by Sega? Or did Sega do the publishing? I remember Sega being somehow involved.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is Code Veronica might be stuck in legal limbo.

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

I feel like a Resi 4 remake is both inevitable and unlikely at the same time.

Both RE2 and RE3 remakes are pretty short games, probably each less half the size of RE4. To attempt to mimic the quality of those games, and to tackle such a loved title that really hasn't aged badly seems a big risk at a big cost. I'll be thrilled if they do it, though. Would instantly be one of my most anticipated games ever.

Yeah there’s no way they wouldn’t cut huge sections out. Or split it out into parts and release them one by one over a few years.

Not sure I like either of those options tbh. I dunno I just don’t think they should bother. 

I’m all in for a RE4 remake!

The original is great but a modern version, maybe with more for Ashley to do instead of her just being a damsel in distress, would be really cool. 

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Isn't Code Veronica developed by Sega? Or did Sega do the publishing? I remember Sega being somehow involved.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is Code Veronica might be stuck in legal limbo.

It was briefly a Dreamcast exclusive, before later being ported to PS2 and a bunch of other systems.

The fact it's shite will probably hold it back more than anything legal related.

7 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

It was briefly a Dreamcast exclusive, before later being ported to PS2 and a bunch of other systems.

The fact it's shite will probably hold it back more than anything legal related.

All the more reason to remake it!

• Calashnikov changed the title to Another Resident Evil Showcase - VIIIage, Mercenaries and Resi 4 VR
  • Don Rosco pinned this topic
  • Don Rosco unpinned this topic