Just went to the premiere at IMAX.

It's everything you expect and more.

I couldn't start an applause because the kid next to me beat me to it.

Viewed solo. So good!

23 minutes ago, skittles said:

Viewed solo. So good!

I thought it was alright at best, would have preferred they let Lord and Miller finish what they were doing. What did you think igpf Godzilla v Kong though?

44 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I thought it was alright at best, would have preferred they let Lord and Miller finish what they were doing. What did you think igpf Godzilla v Kong though?

You're going to have to open up that igpf acronym because I have no idea!

Reviews are now coming out. And are mostly positive!

General consensus is that it's the kind of escapist entertainment we need right now. And the fights are cool as fuck.

I even liked the previous one for just a lot of monster bashing, so if this one is actually getting positive reviews too, I'm looking forward to it, and it looks like this is being released on April fools, excellent!

8 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Two questions in order. 1) Can I pay for this and watch it at home today. 2) Is it out there.

1) not until Thursday when it's on Premium rental.

2) Probably?

I'll be getting the premium rental because I want to support my beautiful MonsterVerse. :wub:

11 minutes ago, Gambit said:

1) not until Thursday when it's on Premium rental.

2) Probably?

I'll be getting the premium rental because I want to support my beautiful MonsterVerse. :wub:

I'll support it when I can, but YouTube and twitter has seen it already, so I'm going hunting before I read who wins. They'll team up to fight mechagodzilla, but I need to see that not knowing for certain.

21 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

When you say premium rental do you mean Amazon prime or something?

I saw a movie for rent on there for £14. Fuck that noise.

I think so yeah. It's a decent price IF you live with someone and can split the money's. (And have a decent TV and audio setup). I have none of these things lololol.

11 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Yeah, the pricing of new movie rental sucks for those living/viewing alone. I might cave for this if I’m bored enough but will feel ripped off.

Yeah, for people who watch movies alone and frequently something like Cineworld Unlimited Pass is much better value than £14 to rent a movie on your TV. 

13 hours ago, Gambit said:

Reviews are now coming out. And are mostly positive!

General consensus is that it's the kind of escapist entertainment we need right now. And the fights are cool as fuck.

Was pretty much my takeaway. It’s excellent nonsense.

And Big G... dat roar :wub:

On 30/03/2021 at 09:13, makkuwata said:

Two questions in order. 1) Can I pay for this and watch it at home today. 2) Is it out there.

if you use a vpn you can find instructions on how to sign up for hbo max

I thought it was OK, not as good as GKOTM, but it's be first sitting so maybe like KOTM I'll appreciate it more as I watching it again and again. 

Some really cool shots in it like the jet on the aircraft carrier when it pans back at Kong. 

I'll give it a second viewing tomorrow.

Oh, and a heads-up there is no "end credits" scene save you waiting for nothing. 

Ridiculous plot.

It was decent. Very different tone to the other recent godzilla and kong films. Can't work out if I preferred it to the previous instalment though.

Only thing the end was missing was

Spoiler

them literally doing

predator_handshake.jpg

Also

Spoiler

The inverted land hanging from above in Hollow Earth did funny things to my brain. In a kind of good way.

I thought this was pretty good. I liked...

Spoiler

the science fantasy hollow earth bullshit.

I've not actually watched the previous Godzilla movie. I got bored watching it and gave up. Can't say I felt the same with this one.

Really enjoyed this, moved along at a decent pace and the human plots whilst just getting in the way weren’t too bad. Plus, big monsters smashing away at each other is just what was needed right now.

This needs to be seen in the cineworld rollercoaster seats though, plus giant screen and crazy loud setup. Hopefully when the cinemas open they’ll re-release this.