New Star Wars game - NOT by EA

13 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

More Star Wars is never bad although I would love the Bioware of old to come back and make a Star Wars game but with Mass Effect style combat.

I'm hoping for Obsidian instead tbh, making a new KotOR-like. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Hell yeah but doubtful given that MS are unlikely to want to pay the big bucks for the Star Wars license (but you never know). I would even take a big Outer Worlds style game of semi open world planets to hop between.

9 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'd have a more enlightening discussion over this with a bag of potatoes so you ain't drawing me in. You can concern troll elsewhere.

You do you mate, as far as I’m concerned if I’m the target of primary school level insults and accusations of concern trolling from a rape apologist I’m probably doing something right.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

You do you mate, as far as I’m concerned if I’m the target of primary school level insults and accusations of concern trolling from a rape apologist I’m probably doing something right.

Broker, you're being a twat. Is everyone at Ubisoft a rapist? What about the other peoole who worked on their games and earned money while making them, are they rape apologists too?

Am I a crunch apologist for enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 so much? 

Step away from the keyboard, dude.

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

Broker, you're being a twat. Is everyone at Ubisoft a rapist? What about the other peoole who worked on their games and earned money while making them, are they rape apologists too?

Am I a crunch apologist for enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 so much? 

Step away from the keyboard, dude.

Obviously not everyone at Ubisoft is a dick, just the CEOs mates who get paid the most and control the company. Good job they’ve been replaced by more of the CEOs mates who I bet are lovely people. 

As for your bollocks about my posts, I made a jokey comment about someone stating that they knew Ubisoft management were scumbags but were happy to buy their games anyway. He immediately started throwing around insults which you immediately joined in with, so I don’t think I’ll be taking your advice on how not to be a twat.

11 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Broker knows this. He has issues. He's okay, his heart is in the right place, he just types before thinking.

More spiteful personal comments? You must really love climbing towers and walking to icons :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Just finished a session on Breath of the Wild now. It's okay with you to like that one right?

Yeah absolutely, though you might have just ruined Ubisoft games for yourself by playing something that’s superficially similar but actually a decent game. 

The original Division was far better than the original Destiny. Way more content, far more polished, equally visually stunning in its own way. Destiny has the better combat loop, but that's it. 

The Division 2 was more of the same, slicker in some ways but the move to summer robbed it of its identity, it felt more generically post-apocalyptic and was less engrossing as a result. That said I thought the launch version of Destiny 2 was boring as fuck and didn't even finish the campaign, so arguably the Division won again for me.

I will not accept 'but Destiny became better and had more content four paid expansions later'. I'm also not into endgame grinding and raids, and I know that's where fans starting splitting hairs.

10 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Hell yeah but doubtful given that MS are unlikely to want to pay the big bucks for the Star Wars license (but you never know). I would even take a big Outer Worlds style game of semi open world planets to hop between.

Unlikely? They bought Bethesda and indicated they have money to spare. How on earth is this supposed to be unlikely?

10 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Highly likely if you ask me.

Disney is like a pimp prostituting their wares and if they can get 30 Star Wars games out each year they wouldn't object. Look at how they approach Disney Plus in terms of streaming content (10 new Star Wars Series in 2-3 years) and you have a good idea what to expect. I am pretty sure they want to make up 2 and possibly 3 years of lost revenue from their Themepark business and have earmarked gaming to fill that hole.  I expect at least 1 game accompanying each TV show (e.g. Mandalorian) and movie. 

I am personally turned off by this extreme saturation of Marvel and Star Wars content and mostly lost my interest in the franchises. But I wouldn't turn down a good Kotor game by Obsidian, Bioware or perhaps Larian Studios. 

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Unlikely? They bought Bethesda and indicated they have money to spare. How on earth is this supposed to be unlikely?

I forget that we did get Star Wars Kinect, not that we want another one of those!

I suppose if Lucas/Disney is opening its doors to allow anyone to make games on their properties the we could see a range of games being released both as multiplatform games and as exclusives.

Yeah, they probably just want to capture mindshare and provide games that fit specific demographics. A hardcore CRPG made for XSX/PC would make sense. Then Star Wars UbiGame™ for multiplatform, Darth Vader VR for PC/PS and probably some kind of updated port of that Star Wars (Baby) Yoda Stories for Switch. Or something.

I was thinking a looter-shooter Mandalorian game would work quite well, given that season 1 of The Mandalorian is basically him mixing up story and side quests and levelling up his gear. There seems to be plenty of flexibility in the way their armour looks and the weapons/gadgets they use, which is an important consideration when making a Star Wars game.

I reckon Massive should make a game where you play as a generic Mando, set it across four or five open-ish planets that you fly between (like Destiny) and travel around on speeder bikes (like Destiny), and spend your time endlessly doing mercenary and bounty hunter quests.

Like Destiny.

1 hour ago, Pob said:

I was thinking a looter-shooter Mandalorian game would work quite well, given that season 1 of The Mandalorian is basically him mixing up story and side quests and levelling up his gear. There seems to be plenty of flexibility in the way their armour looks and the weapons/gadgets they use, which is an important consideration when making a Star Wars game.

I reckon Massive should make a game where you play as a generic Mando, set it across four or five open-ish planets that you fly between (like Destiny) and travel around on speeder bikes (like Destiny), and spend your time endlessly doing mercenary and bounty hunter quests.

Like Destiny.

I'd be all over that. My old friend @DCHAMPX said something along the lines of "Destiny is the best Star Wars game that isn't actually Star Wars."  

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

We’ve had a pseudo X-Wing soft reboot with Squadrons, now give us a KOTOR reboot please.

As along as it comes with 'click here to erase memories of original game story so you can re-live it' button :)

Whatever we get its clearly going to be a build on existing successful game mechanics, genres, eg. the very well executed Soulsborne-light Fallen Order so where is the gap / opportunity right now? While a story driven RPG in the mould of KOTOR sounds like a dream come true it sadly doesn't feel like the kind of thing that is going to get the 'investors' clapping.

I would love to believe that what was done with Squadrons is the kind of approach we could see across lots of other genres but surely the next big Star Wars game is going to be something that has all sorts of in-game / season pass type purchases attached to it? Or is the success of Fallen Order and Squadrons something that they will look to build on?

Seeing as the Star Wars Story group are on the cusp of releasing books in what they are calling the High Republic era (200 years prior to the movies), and a TV show being set in this time is also in the works, I wouldn't be surprised to some sort of story driven RPG set during this time.

5 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Staring at this metaphor in a vain attempt to understand.

Spoiler

To be honest it was hip fired and I didn't give it too much thought, but I guess if you ask a box of nails a question then shake it for a reply, you would get as much sense as from the person who the comment was aimed at. Is that any better?

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I'd be all over that. My old friend @DCHAMPX said something along the lines of "Destiny is the best Star Wars game that isn't actually Star Wars."  

Ha, that I did! It's just got all the ingredients to be an amazing SW game, albeit needing a much better storyline and narrative.

Shame this new game is being developed by Ubisoft. Their games have become extremely stale imo.

Get ready for a whole bunch of follow missions and climbing structures to reveal points of interest in the area :unsure:

That's not entirely fair. I can totally see them rigorously shaking up the formula to create a fresh feeling new AAA experience - instead of climbing towers to reveal points of interest, you can climb towers and use the force to reveal points of interest. Amazing scenes

1 minute ago, Sumire said:

I would love to see Star Wars Galaxies 2.

I wish I could give you all my rep, every day, forever for that.

You should get yourself over to swglegends.com if you're feeling homesick ;)