New Star Wars game - NOT by EA

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

What will be the equivalent of a drone in this game? I'm not that into Star Wars, is there anything drone/spy bird like?

Obviously Force Vision (tm) to replace Odin Sight but it's identical

You'll have your own personal X-Wing and pilot in orbit to scan the surface.

They'll create their own cute toyetic droid for the drone. As will Square, Bethesda, Sony, Codemasters, U.S. Gold, EA already have one. Then we have to grade them like a teacher receiving a bunch of shitty what I did on my holidays essays.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Ubi make some good games. Give it to one of the AC studios and I’d be very keen to see what they produce. 

Massive are The Division studio, which sadly probably means no Division 3 or D2 expansions for a while.

They do a mean shooter though so I’m certainly interested (I’m with @Opinionated Ham Scarecrow though, I love Ubisoft games).

That's all fair enough but I was just discussing the games. Thanks for quoting me and telling me what I already know though.

Didn't really think my post was all that 'toys out of the pram' either really but hey *shrug*

The thread can go back to the desperate attempts to be funny. 

Oh, and the recent Ghost Recon games are great too. Forgot to mention those earlier.

15 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

The last time we preemptively dunked on a game like this we got Alien Isolation so I think we have a moral obligation to take the piss.

Yeah, I recently re-read that thread from the beginning. We were really shitting on it. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

The last time we preemptively dunked on a game like this we got Alien Isolation so I think we have a moral obligation to take the piss.

Control+C

Control+P

Star Assassins Far Wars.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

I mean yeah there are a lot of people in this thread saying they don't like the cookie cutter nature of Ubi's open worlds and aren't sure if they'll be that good a fit for Star Wars which is fun and fast paced and not about unlocking towers for 80 hours. 

But, like, a lot of the issue this forum has with Ubisoft has nothing to do with how boring Ghost Recon Breakpoint was. You're on here making toys out of the pram posts about a company with a history of sexual abuse at the very top that's surfaced within the last six months. So if we look at your list from your post and give it a quick 5 minutes of googling;

Watch Dog 2's Editorial VP left due to abuse allegations within Ubisoft. Someone credited for "NCSA Customer Relationship Center" on it is still employed at Ubisoft despite allegations of manipulation, emotional abuse and rape.

The Division 2's Chief Creative Officer has stepped down from his role of CCO due to abuse allegations but is still employed within the company. 

The creative director of the most recent Assassin's Creed left the project before completion due to wanting to fix his "personal issues after lying about his marital status to sleep with women."

Far Cry 5's Studio Creative Director has resigned after allegations of abuse.

Not to mention that all of the above worked under Yves Guillemot who simply couldn't not have known about at least some of what was going on, and if he didn't know then he's hardly CEO of the year. 

Ubisoft appears to be a completely fucking toxic operation outside of the fact they make the same big derivative shit games four times a year. Fuck them. 

Yeah, I actually enjoy a good portion of Ubisoft's output, but given the horrors revealed last year I'm going to have no part in hyping up or cheering them paying horrific-in-other-ways-company Disney to get a license to make a Star Wars game.

What if you were the lightsaber and, every time you passed through an enemy, you absorbed all of their hopes, loves and fears?

By the end of the journey, you're like a Ghostbusters containment unit of sorrow and regret. And can barely become erect anymore.

LucasArts Games VP interview:

“We’ve got a lot of stuff we’re ready to start sharing with fans,” Lucasfilm Games VP Douglas Reilly tells StarWars.com, “because we’ve been working quietly behind the scenes for a while now, waiting for this moment.”

And by “this moment,” Reilly is referring to a new direction and era for Star Wars and Lucasfilm gaming overall, as Lucasfilm Games is now opening the doors to developers that want to come play in the galaxy far, far away. “We’re looking to work with best-in-class teams that can make great games across all of our IP. We’ve got a team of professionals here at Lucasfilm Games who can work with the developers, shape the stories, shape the creative, shape the games, to make them really resonate with fans and deliver across a breadth of platforms, genres, and experiences so that all of our fans can enjoy the IPs that they know and love,” he says.

Case in point, the huge news that Lucasfilm Games and Ubisoft are collaborating on a new story-driven, open-world Star Wars game. It’s a genre long-requested by fans, and will come to life via Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft’s critically-acclaimed studio based in Malmö, Sweden. “We’re really excited about an opportunity to work with the team at Massive, led by David Polfeldt and the creative director, Julian Gerighty. We’ve spent almost a year now, working to get to know them and what they want to bring to the table,” Reilly says. “I’m a huge fan of them, personally. I think we’re really excited about where that project is going, because they have a unique vision for the story and the game they want to deliver.”

Of course, Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment are renowned for their expertise in developing immersive worlds, and in pushing the boundaries of technology with their proprietary engine, Snowdrop. “We know that fans of Star Wars value the feeling of immersion — of being transported into the Star Wars galaxy and moving through richly-detailed environments. It’s fun to imagine what the team at Massive can do within Star Wars by bringing their innovative spirit and their commitment to quality,” Reilly says.

And for fans of modern Star Wars games, fear not: some old friends are sticking around.

Continuing the relationship that resulted in the reinvigorated Battlefront series, the critically-acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and multiplayer hit Star Wars: Squadrons, Electronic Arts will too play a big role in the future of Star Wars gaming. “We’re really proud of the games we have created with EA,” Reilly says. “We will continue working with them and our relationship has never been stronger. While we may not have a lot of details to share at the moment, we’ve got a number of projects underway with the talented teams at EA.”

That thread title :lol:

6 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

The Division games shit all over Destiny.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

That's all fair enough but I was just discussing the games. Thanks for quoting me and telling me what I already know though.

“I’m already aware that their games are made by rapists and am happy to financially support them ACTUALLY”

Just now, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Broker you really are dumb as a box of nails. 

While I can't dispute your post, your Destiny comment is really quite something, and does deserve a bit of stick. ;)

15 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Broker you really are dumb as a box of nails. 

Not dumb enough to hand by money to people I know are rapists though, so I guess that says something about your spectacular lack of intelligence.