Games you'd back yourself at.

Did I see some people mention Geometry Wars in here? 

Just a heads up I just noticed a game in the Xbox sale called Debris Infinity, its on sale for £2.93 has some good reviews and looks like a complete homage/copy of GW. 

36 minutes ago, Ry said:

Did I see some people mention Geometry Wars in here? 

Just a heads up I just noticed a game in the Xbox sale called Debris Infinity, its on sale for £2.93 has some good reviews and looks like a complete homage/copy of GW. 

You did. Sadly I didn’t have an XBOX and only a switch lite which wouldn’t be ideal.  :(

On 24/12/2020 at 19:32, ImmaculateClump said:

Oooooh! What's your score, phil?

I like playing it, but I think my scoring game is pretty piss tea weak.

Do you do the extra stage and go max difficulty and gobble up all the suicide bullets with your familiar and all that?

it’s either 226m or 229m, I’ve got a photo somewhere. That high score was actually playing the EX stage, but I didn’t clear the game. On a regular run without EX I do max difficulty and usually score 200-210m.

What does your regular game look like?

Not that good, to be honest.
I think my bestest is 160 million.
I've only played the EX stage a handful of times.
Path of least resistance and all that.

The last time I was playing, I wanted to get through the palace with suicide bullets but I could never quite manage it and just gave up on that idea.
I wonder if I'm ready now! I'll have to dust off my witches hat and fire it up.

I really like deathsmiles but it's a bit all or nothing when it comes to the scoring, do you think? If I get the timing wrong on refilling my gauge at the graveyard, I just think "well, that's me just playing for fun now"

I read about that trick how you can bomb just as your hyper is running out in the volcano and refill your gauge there too, but I could never get it to work.

That's a fucking amazing score, by the way!

I might play it tonight if I get time. It's really good fun. I'll be rusty as hell, but that'll be a good time to try experimenting with the extra stage and cranking up the difficulty, getting those tadpoles flying and and maybe see if I can control my familiar better and get them all gobbled down.

Those hours playing rolling gunner must have helped with that!

3 hours ago, ImmaculateClump said:

Not that good, to be honest.
I think my bestest is 160 million.
I've only played the EX stage a handful of times.
Path of least resistance and all that.

The last time I was playing, I wanted to get through the palace with suicide bullets but I could never quite manage it and just gave up on that idea.
I wonder if I'm ready now! I'll have to dust off my witches hat and fire it up.

I really like deathsmiles but it's a bit all or nothing when it comes to the scoring, do you think? If I get the timing wrong on refilling my gauge at the graveyard, I just think "well, that's me just playing for fun now"

I read about that trick how you can bomb just as your hyper is running out in the volcano and refill your gauge there too, but I could never get it to work.

That's a fucking amazing score, by the way!

I might play it tonight if I get time. It's really good fun. I'll be rusty as hell, but that'll be a good time to try experimenting with the extra stage and cranking up the difficulty, getting those tadpoles flying and and maybe see if I can control my familiar better and get them all gobbled down.

Those hours playing rolling gunner must have helped with that!

Yeah the scoring can be very all or nothing. If you lose a life when powered up on the Volcano stage you’re out up to 40m points depending on when you lose the life. I always find it comes back to me after a couple of credits no matter how long it’s been.