Christmas Gaming 2020

Jamie John

I'll be mostly playing Immortals Fenyx Rising, veering between loving and thinking why did they do that. I'm going in search of a snowy area for those Christmas feels. 

My son is playing Zelda BOTW and is currently poring over the Official Guide I bought for him, the book is absolutely gorgeous. 

It's been years since I last played it, but after just buying Final Fantasy XII on PC I may well find myself venturing forth into its lands again. 

Admittedly, it's taking an age to download so this might be a boxing day thing, but there we go.

Failing that, it'll be Hollow Knight again - merely showing the new Edge cover for Silksong has got me excited.

3 minutes ago, sprite said:

For some reason I’ve decided I need to finish Uncharted 4. I barely touch my PlayStation, I’ve got a Series X just waiting for me to work all the way through GamePass, but nope. I need to finish UC4. After 4 years. :lol: 

Uncharted 4 is better than anything available on Series X right now.

Oh no, he didn't. :coffee:

Just now, Thor said:

Uncharted 4 is better than anything available on Series X right now.

Oh no, he didn't. :coffee:

I only hopped over as I thought I needed a little break from shooting up The Covenant and Flood in Master Chief Collection! I’ll be back on that soon enough :)

I do love Uncharted though.  As much as I enjoyed the TR reboot, Uncharted is where it’s at for me.  The environments, the characters, the banter, and the music :wub: 

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

I only hopped over as I thought I needed a little break from shooting up The Covenant and Flood in Master Chief Collection! I’ll be back on that soon enough :)

I do love Uncharted though.  As much as I enjoyed the TR reboot, Uncharted is where it’s at for me.  The environments, the characters, the banter, and the music :wub: 

4 really is the best of the lot, and it has just the perfect ending. Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

Uncharted 4 is probably my favourite game on the PS4. It remains one of the most astonishing visual feasts ever (the whole car chase sequence still makes my jaw drop), and it's just a huge amount of fun. It's pretty much perfect Xmas big screen fodder too!

Damn and blast my wallet for telling me to sell my PS4 and not pick up a PS5 when I had the opportunity...

Now I run a 3090 and I'm playing Hollow Knight.

Good times, all in all.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Uncharted 4 is probably my favourite game on the PS4. It remains one of the most astonishing visual feasts ever (the whole car chase sequence still makes my jaw drop), and it's just a huge amount of fun. It's pretty much perfect Xmas big screen fodder too!

Damn and blast my wallet for telling me to sell my PS4 and not pick up a PS5 when I had the opportunity...

Now I run a 3090 and I'm playing Hollow Knight.

Good times, all in all.

Just done the car chase!!!

Pirates are so much better than ancient Incan/Mayan daggers and boxes!

6 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

What's the general consensus on playing Lost Legacy before Uncharted 4?

Thought I'd ask here given the chat. 

You can, but why? 4 is better than Lost Legacy, and LL kinda spoils some of 4 if you play it first. 

My Christmas game was going to be Celeste (got to the 4th stage which is snowy so would have been perfect), but my PC decided to start randomly resetting. Did a few of the usual fixes but no luck, so decided to leave that to another day (or year). Normally I’d be stressed by this, but instead I just rolled my eyes and added it to the list. 

So, dusted off the PS4 and found myself playing Resogun and a tiny bit of The Last Guardian before succumbing to a nap, then dusted off the 360 and played some Guwange and some, er, Zuma. All that dust has irritated my eyes, and the PC is doing my head in, but otherwise can’t complain. 

Crysis (360/XB1X)

hey, this is more FarCry! what a swizz!

lost my progress already, something about a bug in cloudsaves and checkpoints.

No matter. Looks shit, honestly, you know how I'm always saying that my memories of games have a static, white noise, added to the visuals? This game actually has that for reals. like it's 480p upscaled to 4K. Plays like a dream though. Tough, but not unfair.

2 hours ago, keptbybees said:

This did end up being my Christmas game and what a wonderful game it was, even my wife enjoyed watching me play which is a rarity.

Nice one. Yeah my partner really liked watching it when I played it despite not being interested in games at all really. I think that the game is capable of capturing other people’s attention just shows how enchanting a game it is. 

32 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I didn’t get Ghost of Tsushima as a gift in the end. I did get TLOU2 but I don’t want something so heavy right now so I’m going to start Uncharted 4 tonight!

Do iiiit! It starts off quite slow, as shown by my ignoring it for four years :lol: But I proper loved it, probably just what you want - not heavy but a great story and the treasure hunt itself is great!

Well Tetris Effect Connected has been patched on PC for VR. Wow just wow. Whole new dimension.

Not really gaming but just been flying around the world in Google Maps on the VR headset. Lovely to feel free to explore during lockdown! 

How is everyone’s plan going?

Animal Crossing has been a big hit with my two year old daughter. It’s slow paced enough for her to have an input “make a snow man, talk to the animals” etc. so that’s been pretty special playing our first game together. 

And then brutally murdering people in Dishonered 2 once she’s gone to bed, just to balance out the wholesomeness.

there is SNOW everywhere in The Crew 2 (xb1x), until there wasn't

then there was again. Then there wasn't, and it doesn't feel as fun as The Crew did.

but this happened:

image.thumb.png.41a225f78c31cb60941033acd319527b.png

(I didn't hit it, speed I was going, it ran behind the car. I checked the replay)