Christmas Gaming 2020

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for me. Give me a mammoth heap of content that I can alternate between story engagement, fantasy world exploration and mindless therapeutic grinding for a few weeks while pished out my farter and oblivious to reality and I’ll be beyond glad, thanks. Honestly can’t wait to get stuck in. Baileys will be getting mixed into hot chocolates and everything is going to be hypo-cozy :wub:

OH, and I’m also getting a Neo Geo Mini! :lol: I know it’s supposed to be kinda shit, but what an object! Being able to play a heap of Neo Geo roms on “official Neo Geo hardware” would be straight-up redemption and dream material for the proverbial 11 year-old Cal of yore. I owe that much to him since I know for a fact the wee bastard sure loved his Christmas gaming back in the day :blah:

6 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Weirdly both my Mum and my father-in-law have both independently asked for me to do a whistle stop tour of modern gaming as they haven’t really seen anything since the Megadrive era and are interested to see how it’s changed after seeing some of the next gen marketing.

However the main focus is going to be on my 4 (nearly 5) year old lad who has under the tree his own controller and a copy of Lego City Undercover as his first ever gaming present. I’m also going to buy Sonic Mania in the sales (£8 on both PS4/5 and Xbox) for us to play together as he has recently got into the Sonic Boom cartoon and the original games were my absolute favourites as a kid.

Amazing evangelical endeavours all, I wish you well with each of them :hat: 

3 hours ago, smac said:

Cyberpunk 2077 has its hooks in me at the moment, bugs and all.

You should all play it...next XMas. Will be awesome on next generation by then.

I still mean to crack out The Last Guardian at some point.

Wow, yeah, man, play The Last Guardian this Christmas. Guaranteed magical experience :hat:

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh I guess Animal Crossing will have some bits to do? (After all the locals scold me for not being around much I imagine)

Might throw that on the big telly as my 2 year old likes to watch me play it.

Just a word of warning, the AC massive tend to do their Christmas type bizness on the 24th. Tomorrow/today’s the day!

I should dig out my N64 and play some of the snowy tracks in Diddy Kong Racing. That was always a favourite. I remember a handful of years back Meerman used to sort out a few of us having a few races in Forza on Christmas day. Oh and I must remember to boot up Gran Turismo to hear the menu Christmas music on the day itself. 

Man I love me some seasonal content.

I don’t play Fortnite or anything but it’s good to see those live service games carrying on the tradition from the Dreamcast days. Sonic Adventure, Toy Commander, PSO etc. all had Christmas bits iirc.

Edited by Sarlaccfood
Just now, SteveH said:

I should dig out my N64 and play some of the snowy tracks in Diddy Kong Racing. That was always a favourite. I remember a handful of years back Meerman used to sort out a few of us having a few races in Forza on Christmas day. Oh and I must remember to boot up Gran Turismo to hear the menu Christmas music on the day itself. 

Is meerman still about? Used to love playing  rainbow six with him on the 360. I was shite at the Forza games and used to stealth clip folk at the starting grid and cause a pile up.

Meerman and his Dutch mates going "verdomme" during the starting grid and not knowing what caused it was my bread and butter in those days.

Miss it.

2 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Is meerman still about? Used to love playing  rainbow six with him on the 360. I was shite at the Forza games and used to stealth clip folk at the starting grid and cause a pile up.

Meerman and his Dutch mates going "verdomme" during the starting grid and not knowing what caused it was my bread and butter in those days.

Miss it.

I don't know what happened to him? I tried to "@" him in my post but his name doesn't come up as being a member. Name change maybe?

2 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I don't know what happened to him? I tried to "@" him in my post but his name doesn't come up as being a member. Name change maybe?

Hope so. Hope he's still about I genuinely miss those days

Away again as per usual so no actual Xmas day gaming for me as per usual.

But back much earlier this year so hopefully a bit of newly wiped Tarkov, some more Cyberpunk and a bit of Ghosts or MM maybe. 

Aleste Collection on Switch.  Released today.

Didn't get far into Ass Creed Odyssey, so will restart that.

Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder on Astro City

Plus, my wife is giving me a load of Nintendo 64 racers for Christmas, so I'll play them 

3 hours ago, Simmy said:

Miss it.

Pretty sure he's just under @Meers now.

As for Christmas, I'm going to crack open my Astro City Mini that's still in the Amazon box as a present to myself, while Steam Vouchers and/or presents will happen when they happen.

Otherwise, it'll likely be the same games I've been playing recently - PSO2, Beyond Light, and maybe sitting down to DQXI to resume that.

In order of priority I've got the following on the go:

Persona 4 Golden

Gears Tactics

Dragon Quest XI

Plus I just started a casual playthrough of Skyrim plus I just bought a bunch of games in the eShop sale plus I'm sure my wife will have got me something for Christmas.

And I'm still playing Animal Crossing every day.

I will be trying Cyberpunk on the Stadia I treated myself to as a present, plus try and finish Suikoden.

Greedfall, Wasteland 2 and Call to the Sea will all get some rotation too. And perhaps some kind of grand strategy title for some chin-stroking moments.

My missus is working tomorrow, so we've done Christmas today. I've opened Spiderman MM and Demon's Souls, but no PS5 :lol:. I'll be getting one as soon as they're available though, and she got me Hyrule Warriors so I have something new to play now.

For the first time in years, I've actually got a decent bit of time off work this Christmas, so I'll be getting a fair bit of gaming in. I have Mario Galaxy and Crash Bandicoot 2 on the go right now, but they won't take long to polish off. My in-laws have also given me 200 quid (!) specifically to buy games with, so I'll be getting Disco Elysium, Star Wars Squadrons and Shenmue 3 from the Epic Games sale - whether or not I get to them is another matter though, as I'll be playing plenty of Smash Bros as well.

forget everything I said. Apparently "we" will mostly be playing F1... 2017

because it's the most recent version we have on PS4. Yeah, we have 2020 on xboxone(x), but it's not connected to the 2nd telly, and we're using the main...

Slight early diversion of our plans. My boy asked as a Christmas Eve treat if he could have a go on something so we played a bit more Phogs followed by his first blast on a driving game, Forza Horizon 4.

After getting through the intro and him selecting a Ford Focus RS I popped into the kitchen to help his Mum with some food for 5 mins and came back to find him giggling while doing donuts around a tree... proud Dad moment. :lol:

Merry Christmas! I'll be playing Cyberpunk and getting the last 3 trophies I need for the platinum on Demons Souls. Then on tuesday my new beast of a PC will be delivered and I will officially become a PC gamer so that should be fun :)

Have a wonderful time everyone!