Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate

T Pot

For anyone who wasn’t following the free practice today, both Bottas and Verstappen clattered a sausage kerb and damaged their cars, and we heard first Ron Meadows and then Jonathan Wheatley whingeing about the £100K repair bill to Michael Masi, who was having none of it at the time.

Jolyon Palmer for 5 Live was also deeply unsympathetic. “They’re painted bright yellow. Just don’t drive on them.”

I suspect @GwiDan is right and they’ll be gone tomorrow 😡

I tryed to watch FP1 and some of FP2 but the waffling from Paul and his pals is so dreary they repeat the same shit over and over. I appreciate there is a lot to fill but fuck me try something else. 

I see Martin is back so at least I'll not have to listen to Di Resta whinin on and on. I used to like the guy but of late and especially the last race weekend he got on my nerves and is again during practice. 

This track is so uninspiring I suspect I'll FF the whole weekend. 

The whole track limits is becoming the only subject of conversion every weekend now its becoming tedious. 

Roll on next year where the shit gets changed up and the teams fuckup regularly making it more interesting... I hope. 

Bit of a rant there... Sorry 

@davadvice1 Just mute the TV and put the BBC radio commentary on. Might take a minute to get it in sync but they’re watching the same pictures as the Sky team so it does work. Jolyon Palmer is always good and this week it’s Ben Edwards with him (because there’s Formula E so Jack Nicholls is off doing that).

16 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

Jolyon Palmer for 5 Live was also deeply unsympathetic. “They’re painted bright yellow. Just don’t drive on them.”😡

image.png.07b620e53c3e4d21567bf3a44b801702.png

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jolyon is a better pundit than he was a driver, but he is a mighty fine pundit.

I do enjoy his analysis videos. He’s informative and not afraid to give a considered opinion. IMO they should use him more

1 minute ago, footle said:

Formula Red Flag. They need to rethink their qualifying rules, I think: three out of the last four races?

Why?  They had 15 minutes to put in a lap.  Everyone else managed it.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Why?  They had 15 minutes to put in a lap.  Everyone else managed it.

I was just about to say. Crofty is being very kind to Stroll there when he says “nothing he could do”. He could have just driven a legal lap at any prior point of the session.

Just now, jonathanhoey said:

I was just about to say. Crofty is being very kind to Stroll there when he says “nothing he could do”. He could have just driven a legal lap at any prior point of the session.

I would make one tweak though, if you cause the red flag (eg - Mick), I'd delete your previous laps in that Q session. 

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate