IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate

T Pot

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Miami, Netherlands, 

Why these two? I thought Zandvoort was quite fun to watch this year. Miami haven't even had a race yet so you don't even know what it's like.

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Zandvoort is going to be on the calendar until Max retires. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Netherlands gets a second race due to how popular Max is similar to Alonso's success rewarding the fans with the awful Valenica street circuit. I'd add Qatar to your list as well. 

So would I but Qatar isn't on the calendar, it begins in 2023 at a new circuit.

22 minutes ago, T Pot said:

Why these two? I thought Zandvoort was quite fun to watch this year. Miami haven't even had a race yet so you don't even know what it's like.

No country should have two races but of the list of countries that should America is in the low 100s in the list.

Zandvoort is entirely unsuited to F1 cars, all the gimmick banking in the world doesn't hide that's not an F1 circuit.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

So would I but Qatar isn't on the calendar, it begins in 2023 at a new circuit.

That's what I get for not reading it properly. I still can't believe of all the exciting tracks F1 visited during COVID it's Imola that ends up on the calendar, a circuit that has never generated interesting racing. 

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

Zandvoort is entirely unsuited to F1 cars, all the gimmick banking in the world doesn't hide that's not an F1 circuit.

Not suited to the current cars. Who knows, some of the crap circuits may come to life with the new regs. :unsure:

I remember sitting through terrible races for many years at Hungary and Bahrain, but today both can produce a good race.

6 hours ago, mexos said:

Not suited to the current cars. Who knows, some of the crap circuits may come to life with the new regs. :unsure:

I remember sitting through terrible races for many years at Hungary and Bahrain, but today both can produce a good race.

Maybe, and it can come back at that time.  But given the F2 and F3 races were also generally bobbins as were the eSports Formula car races I saw on it I'm holding my breath.

A very great track to drive, probably a great race circuit for something like touring cars. Not F3+.  Even Monaco is a great track for Formula E.

On 16/10/2021 at 10:38, T Pot said:

Miami haven't even had a race yet so you don't even know what it's like.

It’s a car park GP. I think it will be about as successful as previous car park GPs. 

Interesting comments from Max in a recent interview:

"To be honest, for some it does change your life but for me it doesn't," 

"It is of course my goal, and I will always try to be the best I can be, but it's not going to change my life in terms of how I live it or what I'm going to do afterwards."

"If I can say later on 'I've won the world championship' then great, is it amazing and something you dream of, but if it doesn't materialise because of obvious reasons – where you didn't have the right package to do so or it just didn't click or you were unlucky, then so be it,"

"It's not like I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night because of having nightmares about it. For me it will not change my life."

Sounds like loser talk someone in their 40's rather than someone in their early 20's ready to do whatever it takes to achieve their goal.

Open door here for Lewis to play some mind games over the weekend.

Exactly, Claiming he doesn't give a shit about winning the big silver cup is utter bollocks. It's all he's been groomed to do since his old man got fired for being a bit shit.

If Max isn't shitting bricks about it, Jos certainly is.

I must have missed the bit where he said he didn't give a shit about it. Was it when he said it would be amazing to win it and something he's dreamt of?

They're no longer leaving it to judgement if a driver slows sufficiently under double yellows. Starting this weekend, anyone passing through a double yellow segment will have the lap time deleted, so there's no point trying to gain any kind of advantage.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not 10 places? 

After the first new engine over the allocation it’s only a five place grid drop. I think they might give Hamilton a new ICE in Mexico.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

After the first new engine over the allocation it’s only a five place grid drop. I think they might give Hamilton a new ICE in Mexico.

Yeah just heard that. Quite interesting that. 

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate