Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate

T Pot

To be fair only it’s Mercedes who shoot themselves in the foot when running a special livery. Ferrari for their 1000th race and McLaren’s Gulf livery didn’t suffer any mishaps and Red Bull have been a much more competent team this season. It would be good for the title race if the Honda engine decides to let go when it’s running the special livery of course.

Due to Hamilton’s inevitable penalty for an engine change where I doubt he’ll salvage a second place like Max did at Sochi with the tracks coming up. I still think Max and RB are the stronger package and favourites to win the title this year, Mercedes will retain the WCC.

Of course the last time a Red Bull started with a white livery was DC at Brazil 2008 so hopefully it will go better than that for them.

11 hours ago, Meers said:

That screams IDGAS, as it should be. Not my taste, but then again I don't have any taste.

It's either IDGAS or it's "Look at me, please, no-one's looked at me for 5 seconds, pay attention to me" as you feel just the start of your era ending.

Could be elements of both.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

or it's "Look at me, please, no-one's looked at me for 5 seconds, pay attention to me"

Given how shy and retiring Hamilton has been for the last decade or so you could have a point.

image.png.309733d42e61300ea3a6171cf9bca8d2.png

Wat?

Is this because Haas is selling out to the Russians and Liberty wants another American joke team to halfass it because they can win in <Insert domestic series here> and F1 is clearly the same?

To be fair, I think Andretti has always wanted an F1 team. And because a new team would have to pay each team €2 million as part of their entry fee. Far better to just buy an existing one. 

Anyway, a wet Turkish track sounds fun 😁

It is noticeable that on a moist track Norris, Russell and Schumacher are the ones who move forward.

1 instance of good genes and 2 of growing up on british karting tracks :D

On 07/10/2021 at 22:08, Dudley said:

It's either IDGAS or it's "Look at me, please, no-one's looked at me for 5 seconds, pay attention to me" as you feel just the start of your era ending.

Could be elements of both.

I’d imagine being the best driver in history is enough to think he’s not doing it for some attention though? 

Oh no, being (for the sake of argument) that is exactly WHY you would start doing that for attention as the press pretty much ignore your 100th to talk about Lando and George and Max and other people 10-15 years younger than you and who will be in the sport still when you're the 15th member of the Sky Sports rest home for retired racing drivers.

Every great has that issue in some form or another.  In Schumacher's case he reacted by coming back.  Rossi has just refused to accept the inevitable until as the Schumacher to Marquez's Hamilton he's now spending his last season on the bike that's going to win the championship and he's literally the last full time rider in the championship. And literally everything Villeneuve ever did after leaving F1.

The twilight of careers is hard, and as of the moment Mercedes hired Russell, Hamilton knows he's just started to enter the phase.

27 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh no, being (for the sake of argument) that is exactly WHY you would start doing that for attention

Is this the first season of F1 you have watched? Hamilton making people mad from what he wears is not exactly a new thing. 

Anyway. Hamilton uses his platform to push worthy causes rather than just attention grabbing for the sake of it. So he can wear all the weird shit he wants if it helps these movements. 

Yeah it's hard to deny that, ostensibly he always does "good", so it seems harsh that so many have a problem with him.

I think it's just that everything he does feels like it's been planned by a PR team, even if it hasn't. Like the thanking the fans at the beginning of every speech. It's understandable though as it seems to have been drilled into him from such a young age, doing every possible thing to get there despite his skin colour and Stevenage.

He didn't always wear interesting stuff either, he's learned that. Even Jenson Button said Lewis used to ask him for fashion advice :lol:

Much as he looks like a bit of a dick in some of his outfits, I applaud him for it. I take it he is showcasing young designers' creations as well as some of his own ideas (?) and that takes balls in a setting where everyone else is dressed so blandly. 

Lewis has been exuding an incredible inner calm this season. He seems to be in a very good place in his head, which is always nice to see. It's very reminiscent of someone who meditates, I wonder if he does.

Looking forward to tomorrow's race and fully expect Lewis to be on the podium, with a high chance of the top step.

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate