Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate

T Pot

2 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

I had Russell for pole when I saw he put slicks on, as long as he was able to keep going round to warm them up. I think Sainz pitted for slicks immediately after him and Norris immediately after that? 

Yeah the guys that guys that went early and got a few laps in on them were the ones that improved on their inter times and we’re rewarded for the gamble unlike the others that finished their second inter run.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah this is the kind of mixed up front of the grid I though the sprint races would provide until I found out they weren’t reverse grid.

What are the rules on repairs before the race?  Hamilton spanked his rear wing quite hard.  Must be allowed to fix it though if Max was able to fix after his warm up lap earlier this year?

LIke for like replacements are fine. Max hit the way in Hungary in 2020 they were allowed to repair it without penalty on the grid because they used identical parts. 

4 minutes ago, ryodi said:

LIke for like replacements are fine. Max hit the way in Hungary in 2020 they were allowed to repair it without penalty on the grid because they used identical parts. 

Unless those parts involving breaking the seals on the gearbox or power unit.  And given he reversed it into a wall I wouldn't be 100% confident about that gearbox.

17 minutes ago, ryodi said:
Max is going to be ahead of him by turn three.

Maybe. But what if he’s not? If he can hold him up for even just 5-10 laps it might be enough to keep him out of the big points.

No way they would do this without VB being onboard imo. Maybe his golden handshake just got a bit better.

Sorry for asking without going back through the thread but with max at the back for a technical, what does it mean for his three place penalty?  Has that been absorbed into this or does it carry forward?

6 minutes ago, sprite said:

Sorry for asking without going back through the thread but with max at the back for a technical, what does it mean for his three place penalty?  Has that been absorbed into this or does it carry forward?

It doesn’t carry. That’s why he’s taken an engine.

14 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Lewis will get a good slipstream and lead into turn 1 won’t he. McLaren and Ferrari never to be seen again. 

Certainly Sergio the useless is in no position to do anything about it. Why RB kept him on for next year is a mystery.

With Giovinazzi, Bottas, Latifi and Leclerc all taking grid penalties, Max could potentially have started from 16th instead of 20th if he had qualified. Lesson for the future there I feel.

Danny Ric starting 5th will be tasked with protecting Lando and if Alonso can get one of his patented mega starts, we might get an interesting run down to the first braking zone, especially with Lewis on the dirty side.

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Maybe. But what if he’s not? If he can hold him up for even just 5-10 laps it might be enough to keep him out of the big points.

No way they would do this without VB being onboard imo. Maybe his golden handshake just got a bit better.

He'll be lucky to get 5-10 corners.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

As I understand it that's why he's starting actually last, because he's penalised 22 places not 19.

16 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Jennie Gow was talking about that on the BBC on Friday. Apparently Jenson Button once had a 105-place grid drop because so much of his car had been replaced at once. 

the boy says alonso got a hefty one at Russia 2015 “it was either 35 or 50 places” 

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate