IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate

T Pot

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I think if Max isn't absolutely furious after that pit stop, that collision doesn't happen.

I considered that and I think if he'd had that incident with literally any other driver in the race I'd agree.

Given it's his direct rival... not so convinced.

For me it’s still Max revving the car while his nose is in the gravel & his rear is in the air on another car. I know it’s all heat of the moment but fuck that!!!

I want to see a full replay of when lewis tries to reverse, I’ve only seen him try when Max has walked past the car with zero fucks. 

apologies in advance if I’ve missed anything major but the wheel spin is just SO fucking dangerous in the circumstances.

Away from the incident I’m very happy to see Danny Ric winning again, Monza with the driver redemption story for the second year in a row. Great drive from Bottas as well who might have to give up another win at Sochi to Hamilton this year if he keeps up his demob happy form. Lando had a great race as well and was never going to get first place.

My money says Stewards decision is racing incident. Both drivers not giving in, similar to Silverstone in that respect. Nasty to see a wheel ontop of a driver's head though.

So pleased for McLaren, hopefully Sky are done looking for drama and get onto Danny and Lando's 1/2

15 minutes ago, myoozikk said:

For me it’s still Max revving the car while his nose is in the gravel & his rear is in the air on another car. I know it’s all heat of the moment but fuck that!!!

I want to see a full replay of when lewis tries to reverse, I’ve only seen him try when Max has walked past the car with zero fucks. 

apologies in advance if I’ve missed anything major but the wheel spin is just SO fucking dangerous in the circumstances.

55-56 seconds you see the Merc move and dirt being kicked up.

They were both wrong.

Max shouldn't have touched the throttle (though I don't know if Lewis would have even known as the half shaft was broken and you can see Max's rear right doesn't rotate.

Lewis definitely shouldn't have been trying to dislodge a balancing car that a driver is clearly about to try to escape from.

Edit: I just re-watched with sound on.  Crofty and Brundle are both talking about it too, and at 1.13-15 Lewis is visibly moving the car as Max is trying to get out of it.  So, I'm going to change my take to Max was wrong to rev once, Lewis was wrong multiple times to continue to try to remove his car while he had no idea Max was clear.

Just now, Dudley said:

That's some good work by whoever did that pic though, they'll have spooled through frame by frame waiting for the exact last frame before he turns left.

You will be shocked to hear it came from Twitter!

Just now, davidcotton said:

Don’t get that one?

They "Proved" Lewis wasn't making the corner at Silverstone by sending Albon through it on that line and speed a bunch of times in a private test.

Probably no penalty from the incident itself. Penalties for both for what happened after? Verstappen flooring it when rear in the air in another car and Lewis trying to reverse with Max getting out.

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate