Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!

T Pot

20 minutes ago, Gringo said:

As someone who hasn’t watched F1 in years but has gotten back into because of DTS (probably a cliche at this point), why is this track bad?

It's marked out in the middle of what looks like a car park.

And as a testing track it's basically "Let's put every kind of corner in here" without any thought how people might race.  The classic version of the circuit had one stand out feature, a long straight, which they've now cut in half.

Also the spectators are generally a million miles away because of course, testing track.  So every shot is the same expanse of red and blue paint.

23 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Ugh god it was painful, wasn’t it? Just a simple ‘was that your mistake or did the car fuck it for you?’ would have sufficed.

And they were up to it again in the build up. Fake Jake standing on a noisy grid mubling 2 minute questions full of obscure words to Horner and Alain Prost.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It's marked out in the middle of what looks like a car park.

And as a testing track it's basically "Let's put every kind of corner in here" without any thought how people might race.  The classic version of the circuit had one stand out feature, a long straight, which they've now cut in half.

Also the spectators are generally a million miles away because of course, testing track.  So every shot is the same expanse of red and blue paint.

Also, you can't see the Alpines due to their camouflage, and well, you can't see much else  because

image.png.1cf42622e681847f78d938f13d15fac6.png 

Just now, Corranga said:

Also, you can't see the Alpines due to their camouflage, and well, you can't see much else  because

image.png.1cf42622e681847f78d938f13d15fac6.png 

Yeah.  Look at turn 1. There are 4 or 5 ways it can be configured.

Sometimes it seems less a circuit and more a bunch of junctions they've arbitrarily chosen a direction at.

To be clear I've no real problem with Lewis and Mercedes doing it, I'm sure they have code words for if they actually mean it.

I have a problem with Sky falling it for it more reliably than if Lucy was kneeling there holding a football.

Given that Sky basically own C4 F1’s contract at this point, and the fact that C4 is commentating on the race live to be cut up for the highlights later, I wish we could choose the commentary feed. 

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

To be clear I've no real problem with Lewis and Mercedes doing it, I'm sure they have code words for if they actually mean it.

I have a problem with Sky falling it for it more reliably than if Lucy was kneeling there holding a football.

They could be a little more inventive than:

My tyres are too hot = they are fine

My tyres are shot = I can do the fastest lap

My rear tyres are gone = strategy+ 5 laps

My front tyres are graining = things are expected

My tyres are feeling fine = pit me next lap

Really, F1 would be a better place if I never hear Lewis talking about tyres again

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, I also have a problem with the FIA constantly playing the messages on the world feed.

It's almost as bad as us having to watch overtakes in the tiny picture in picture window whilst something utterly pointless is on the main screen, presumably so they can give us a reply 10 seconds later..

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!
  • Kryptonian changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - Can we be nice?