Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!

T Pot

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Yeah, nothing to do with Max's skill.

Did I say it wasn't? Mercedes were still in with a shout until the second pit stop and could have jumped Max is the first pitstop wasn't slow. Hence saying it was a bad strategy call. 

24 minutes ago, Corranga said:

put him 3 laps down and classified 17th?

Retired one lap after a late pit stop. Presumably they brought him in with a problem, sent him back out but it wasn’t fixed. It wasn’t on TV.

Perez always getting talked up for his great performances continues to be a point of great confusion to me.  He is in the fastest car on the grid and is rarely even in a battle for the podium, at least Bottas is consistent and keeps the car where it should be most the time.

Max drove well today and kept his head in what must have been a mentally exhausting weekend.  This track is rubbish though, take away the Max carnival factor and the banked corners that look great as the cars wizz through and you are left with a real dud. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Perez always getting talked up for his great performances continues to be a point of great confusion to me.  He is in the fastest car on the grid and is rarely even in a battle for the podium

Yep, he's a midfield driver.

4 minutes ago, morcs said:

How did Schumacher finish behind Russell, given Russell retired? :lol:

MSC was three laps down at the end. Russell is classified ahead of him because I guess he retired with just one or two laps of the race left. 

Zandvoort is going to be on the calendar as long as Max is on the grid, I wouldn’t worry about it leaving anytime soon. With the new regulations and now they’ve had one race if next year might be more eventful, like how the first Baku race was dull because no one wanted a repeat of the incidents from the F2 race beforehand.