Jump to content

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!


T Pot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Corranga said:

Russell showing his position as the number 2 Mercedes driver

Absolutely. He has to be in the big seat for 2022. 

 

That was like a really good horror film. Edge of the seat stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So they’re saying Norris needs scans to see if he’s broken his arm.

 

I had to look it up: McLaren shares its reserve drivers with Mercedes, which means Vandoorne, Devries or… PDR.

 

One of whom we know is there at the circuit right now…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toto is now saying that Merc have made a decision on their drivers, and that they still have a responsibility to whoever is not in the car next year. What are the odds that they withdrew from FE because they’re going to launch an LMDh programme and put Bottas in it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy shit what a qualifying session.

 

Landos crash was scary though, they need to find a way to stop the cars coming back across the track there. Hopefully the 2022 changes will be enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mexos said:

Apparently any reserve has to have competed in Qually, so if Lando has broken his elbow it will be only 1 Macca in the race.

 

I too believe start of quali is your substitution deadline. It might even by FP3.

 

Although I do wonder what would happen if someone did FP1 as a replacement and did a time <107%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Toto is now saying that Merc have made a decision on their drivers, and that they still have a responsibility to whoever is not in the car next year. What are the odds that they withdrew from FE because they’re going to launch an LMDh programme and put Bottas in it?

 

Perhaps, although I wonder if it couldn't equally mean that they've negotiated for Butters to go back to Williams-Mercedes for next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

I too believe start of quali is your substitution deadline. It might even by FP3.

 

Although I do wonder what would happen if someone did FP1 as a replacement and did a time <107%.


The 107% thing isn’t a rule, I think either the stewards can decide to allow them to race or they ask the other teams or something.

 

I’m fairly certain Hulkenberg jumped in the Racing Point at.. Silverstone? Last year with no practice sessions, only qualifying and the race.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wev said:

Holy shit what a qualifying session.

 

Landos crash was scary though, they need to find a way to stop the cars coming back across the track there. Hopefully the 2022 changes will be enough.

Doubt the car will make much change. There was an almost identical incident in W series qualifying at the same area which took out 6 cars (no one badly hurt somehow). Those are basically Formula Regional cars but a bit slower, I believe.

 

It's weird, I don't remember a lot of accidents there until recently, now they're more frequent and quite terrifying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aren't the pirelli extreme wets actually pretty shit wet weather tires? remember someone explaining that the amount of water they displace doesn't handle the kind of conditions heavy continuous rain ends up having on track. is there a reason why there isn't an even more extreme wet tire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usually doesn't matter, F1 usually throws red flags the second anyone considers using them.

 

But it's simply because when you hit that kind of water, you don't have cars anymore, you have boats.

 

All the tyre in the world won't help you if it's not touching tarmac anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, deerokus said:

Doubt the car will make much change. There was an almost identical incident in W series qualifying at the same area which took out 6 cars (no one badly hurt somehow). Those are basically Formula Regional cars but a bit slower, I believe.

 

It's weird, I don't remember a lot of accidents there until recently, now they're more frequent and quite terrifying.

By 2022 changes I mean Spa were already planning to make changes starting next year as they want bikes to return there (GP bikes haven't raced there since 1990 I think, though I think the Suzuka 8 Hours ran till the early 00s) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NexivRed said:

My mum shared a couple of pics with me today. Name that corner, 1978. 
 

5C825821-6F98-4567-84DC-A09C6A3BB2D5.jpeg.555fd2a563b14b4224172ed5f476bc11.jpeg


Oh awesome! That looks like Kemmel. Intriguingly, 1978 was (I think) the final year for the old Spa circuit. In fact, that looks like it might have been part of this race weekend, which means it was among the last events ever to run the old circuit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sidecars, in the rain, at Spa.

 

That takes balls.

 

Did I ever say that my Dad built one of those things in our back garden in the 80s? He used to "test" it on the industrial estate down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hah that’s amazing! My brother built a motor mileage marathon car in our garage back in… 1990? Used wheels from a bicycle! Then got to drive it around Silverstone, which must have been (incredibly slow) fun.

 

I’m a little bit nervous about today’s race if the weather is bad. There are chaotic wet races and then there are chaotic Spa wet races. Those first few laps with the field going up Eau Rouge closely bunched are going to be very nervy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to see Lando is fine hopefully will see him charge through the pack and great lap by Russell hopefully he can challenge for the lead. Love a wet race, also my first live race for quite a few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.