Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!

T Pot

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Real class from Lewis there. Pity he lost it at the end of that last lap.

Netflix already on the blower to FOM.

TELL ME you have that on a super slow mo camera. 

17 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Good catch with that slide though. 

Meh. If this was football we’d be asking why he didn’t go into a controlled spin and get a red flag.

1 hour ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Errr except now we are appear to be locked in 😳

they aren’t opening the gates to let us out. Mental.

All part of the Government testing event. 

Missed all the build up, but thankfully not the definitely-not-qualifying thanks to C4+1 because my TiVo box doesn't recognise that Live: Formula 1 but recognises Formula 1 :rolleyes:

And can DC get any more references to Hollywood and Tom Cruise in? We all know that it was Checo that as in the promo for Sunday

8 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Hah yeah, just had a mosey at prices. Gone up a bit since my last visit! I always maintain that the best day to go for a single day is Saturday, followed by Friday - you don't see the race, but you get to mosey around the circuit sitting in different places and everything's just that touch more relaxed than it is on Sunday.

Last time I went, all I had to do was pick up a work colleague and head to corporate hospitality at copse corner. Paid nothing to get in, ate lunch with a supplier, watched the race, enjoyed the place erupting as Hakkinen knackered the cobbler through copse, and stayed to the end to watch the boss f1 boys, and miss the traffic.

Amazing.

It's a top memory and that's how it will stay.

The last time I went I'd been invited to help with the crowd marshaling. I stood in front of the crowd all weekend, then blagged my way into the post race party behind the pits. 

These were the days when Eddie Jordan would set up a flat bed with a band on it, he'd play drums and various rock stars would turn up and jam

I got drunk with Eddie, got told to piss off by the mechanic manning the makeshift Guinness bar they'd set up. Nicked a bottle of wine out of the Jordan motorhome, then told Eddie what a great guy he was. Congratulated Hill on a fine victory and commiserated with the Italian mechanics, who had no idea who I was. 

Oh yeah, 

And they gave me a tenner for being a marshal. My names in the program too. 

Nothing is ever going to top that really 

Sideways bob F1 story> marsh's

I'd only ever seen an f1 race on the tv and came away wondering why you'd ever bother to do that if you could go and watch it live. You could hear the cars from miles away, let alone feel the bastard things go past.

Sorry if this has already been asked but does the new format mean everyone gets a free tyre choice for tomorrow's race? Or do they still have to start on Q2 tyres? Surely it's not the tyres they finish the sprint qualifying on 😂

15 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

The atmosphere here is electric. I’m at luffield and everyone (myself and included) went mental when Lewis got pole and when Russel came past. 

we were up at club after getting baked at villiage. The place went absolutely fucking ballistic when verstappen failed to beat Lewis. 

@Papaya Dance

During the Friday qualification session only the soft compound tyres can be used. For the sprint race, the drivers have a free choice of tyres to start the race. The drivers are likely to choose the medium or hard compound tyres.

All the drivers are again allowed to have a free choice of tyres to start the race. But the rule of atleast using two different compounds of tyres during the race applies.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2021/07/the-new-sprint-race-rules-explained/

11 minutes ago, T Pot said:

we were up at club after getting baked at villiage. The place went absolutely fucking ballistic when verstappen failed to beat Lewis. 

Was very, very audible on TV.

The sound mix on C4 seems really bad today, I can heard Webber etc chatting but can't really make out what they're saying over the engines

I took this picture of a mural being painted of the great Murray Walker. My eye brow was definitely raised at the time but relieved now I’ve seen the finished version on Twitter :) 

Added the pic from Twitter..

F9917101-0CB5-475F-8FFC-82A33A230E2E.jpeg

1DE70187-B173-42B4-8C93-D587CFC97661.jpeg

edit: grabbed a pic of the awesome Lewis one too.

168FE20A-0263-4B20-996A-85D23A368E1B.jpeg

E2AEEDB5-9A7E-4FD7-BD15-4297E74788FB.jpeg

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!
  • Kryptonian changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - Can we be nice?