IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Mohammed Ben Sulayem said he had sympathy for Hamilton but insisted that rules must be followed and added: “If there is any breach, there is no forgiveness on this.”

Hamilton and Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff skipped the Thursday night gala, despite Article 6.6 of the F1 regulations requiring the top three drivers in the Championship to be present. It is unclear what type of sanctions are at the FIA’s disposal.

“Forgiveness is always there but rules are rules,” added Ben Sulayem, who was elected on Friday after receiving just under 62 per cent of the vote in a two-horse race with Britain’s Graham Stoker.

"Rules are rules".... apart from when Masi decides to ignore them right? That was just a title deciding blunder that cost someone the world championship but a gala dinner is clearly much more important to these guys. I really hope they follow through with some draconian punishment so we can laugh when the FIA investigating the FIA finds no rules were broken.

3 minutes ago, Weavus said:

but a gala dinner is clearly much more important to these guys.

It's getting shown up and having people question them that is fucking them off. The new FIA president is also likely not a fan of Lewis pushing his progressive messaging.

That video of him on a clear straight track and suddenly spinning off into the wall for no reason suddenly seems more like a general modus operandi rather than something to chuckle at.

The first thing he does, during a delicate situation in which to take charge, is do something that will further alienate F1's biggest star at a time when he is already disillusioned with the sport.  This could be the final straw for Hamilton.  The man appears to be an idiot, more interested in waving his authority around than healing wounds.  His statements begger belief. On top of contradicting himself on the subject of forgiveness, he patted himself on the back for calming Wolff down (something that hasn't happened) then said that the past must be forgotten so they can move on with a clean slate.  This is the equivalent of someone doing a shit on the kitchen table then saying that's all in the past and we must all learn lessons and move on together, while the turd is still steaming there on the tablecloth.

39 minutes ago, PaB said:

“Rules are rules” . Is he taking the fucking piss? 

I genuinely hope Hamilton walks away, I know I am .

Honestly? I hope Mercedes builds a fucking weapon and every race in 2022 finishes 1-2 Hamilton-Russell. I don't care if people think the Mercedes era has been boring.

3 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Honestly? I hope Mercedes builds a fucking weapon and every race in 2022 finishes 1-2 Hamilton-Russell. I don't care if people think the Mercedes era has been boring.

I mean I’d love that obvs . But I won’t be watching it live 

4 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

It really does feel as though most people are pissed at the fia rather than either team.  It’ll be interesting to see how Max pushes on now.  

All he and Red Bull need to do right now is shut up and let it play out, or even reiterate the FIA shenanigans have to end, but just as the FIA are going to FIA, Red Bull will do the same, so I expect a press conference with Salty Spice any day now

Red Bull don't care. They are still banging on about Silverstone and any complaints they have about the stewarding is only about Silverstone and how they think Max finally being penalised for his antics in Qatar wasn't fair. 

Now it's obvious they are turning F1 into WWE I wonder how many 'Masi 5:13" signs we'll see at races next year?

I'm over it. Acceptance but not forgiveness.

I don't blame RB at all for what happened in Abu, in fact I take my hat off to them. They played the game the way it is allowed to be played and got 'lucky' as the cherry on top.

Having said that for 2022 I really hope they don't win a single race. Even if it meant Merc domination (what I don't want to see). Ideally we'd have a 3 way fight between McLaren, Merc, Ferrari. Maybe even Alpine gets up there.

I want to see Horner and Marko properly meltdown.

F1 have listed Max's top 5 wins on the way to the championship on their website. Funnily enough Abu Dhabi doesn't make the list despite Max winning the race and the the title on the final lap thanks to a "thrilling" last lap overtake. I am going to be very interested to see how Abu Dhabi is presented in F1 media next year when they cut together the VTs they use during the season.  

12 minutes ago, mexos said:

I'm over it. Acceptance but not forgiveness.

I don't blame RB at all for what happened in Abu, in fact I take my hat off to them. They played the game the way it is allowed to be played and got 'lucky' as the cherry on top.

Having said that for 2022 I really hope they don't win a single race. Even if it meant Merc domination (what I don't want to see). Ideally we'd have a 3 way fight between McLaren, Merc, Ferrari. Maybe even Alpine gets up there.

I want to see Horner and Marko properly meltdown.

And you're quite sure you're over it? :D