IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

19 minutes ago, McCoy said:

I guess the issue is that you'd have to amend the rules/timing screens so they are not being lapped for a second time. 

fuck em! They’re already doing 180mph plus and getting lapped

also make F1 an elimination series. Every team runs THREE cars. End of every lap, last place car pits and is out of the race.

8 minutes ago, SeanR said:

fuck em! They’re already doing 180mph plus and getting lapped

also make F1 an elimination series. Every team runs THREE cars. End of every lap, last place car pits and is out of the race.

I could potentially back elimination in a reverse grid sprint race. 

This is such an elitist nonsense 'sport' it's hilarious to see it end up as an utter shit show with people complaining about the result.

At least Hamilton seemed to have some decency publicly, a pity his team are whiney children.

7 minutes ago, Hamus said:

This is such an elitist nonsense 'sport' it's hilarious to see it end up as an utter shit show with people complaining about the result.

At least Hamilton seemed to have some decency publicly, a pity his team are whiney children.

really?

really really?

ok, now imagine what Horner would be like, in a reverse scenario.

yeah. Exactly. 

1 minute ago, SeanR said:

And maybe that whining paid off in the form of a WDC! Just that right bit of whining at the right moment to the right person, and it all falls into place. I might model myself on his successful style of management.

25 minutes ago, Graham S said:

And maybe that whining paid off in the form of a WDC! Just that right bit of whining at the right moment to the right person, and it all falls into place. I might model myself on his successful style of management.

He’s not someone I would want to base myself on, and I don’t know how much of a life he has outside of his job, but he looks like he’s done pretty well for himself. 

58 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Today I think I’ll pick a thread at random about a subject I know fuck all about and fire off some bollocks. Yeah that’s what I’m going to.

49 minutes ago, Blue said:

Quite good from Crofty I thought.

Yeah he got quite stuck in there and went far harder than I expected. Hopefully others in and around the paddock will become a bit bolder and feel they can speak up. Maybe things will actually change for the better from all this. Fingers crossed.

47 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lewis awarded FIA personality of the year. 

I gotta hand it to them, this is some next level trolling.

Perhaps this is what they've been building to all year? Sometimes the best memes are the ones that need 8-9 months of sporting competition to develop.

I just had one of those your devices are spying on you moments… 

I’m on my iPad just browsing around. Go on Twitter, Reddit browse the timeline and the FIA gala pics start popping up. I spend a min or two tops reading some comments then back to my Home Screen and… my iPad has plucked a picture up from my library from 5 odd years ago I’ve not seen for five odd years to display in the photos widget. The pic is a very pissed me, my girlfriend and crew and… Jean Todt at some RAC shindig I lucked into going to years ago. WTF Apple really? 

11 hours ago, SeanR said:

really?

really really?

yeah. Exactly. 

really!

really really!

ok, that's the sport for you, entitled to the last.

yeah. Exactly.

Ben Sulayem has been elected new president of the FIA as of today. I have no idea what he stands for, but there were some big questions about how the election was conducted given that the FIA’s so called ethics committee had to issue a statement warning against intimidation and bribery, and there was some question of people requiring photos of filled in ballot papers. 

The FIA is first and foremost a motoring organization. That happens to run global motorsport. 

Mosely and Todt spent most of their time pushing for improved road safety. The new guy is just going to continue that. 

And give his mates jobs and reward the people that supported/paid for his presidency. Just like normal.