IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

55 minutes ago, ryodi said:

As always fuck Bernie.

I bet there are a fair few still active in the organisation who feel that way, and for various reasons. I reckon there are plenty of other drivers who could take the record and not be met with similar objections, if you take my meaning.

In the event of more shenanigans next year, Hamilton should retire and mention at every possible opportunity that he’s the most successful driver in F1 history. 

If we are going on one about bullshit and rules then my one would be if you pit in the last 10% of the race you can’t get the point (or take away the point) for fastest lap. Or just get rid of the whole thing because right now it’s broken.

Mercedes should pull out of F1 its corrupt and just all their focus into Formula E and maybe Indy car.

The damage done to formula 1 at the weekend and its credibility IMHO was massive and for me now means it isn't worth watching.

Masi has to go for a start he cannot cope and sounds like a scared school kid when he talks to the teams. His weakness has caused most of the problems.

3 hours ago, extremepabs said:

Mercedes should pull out of F1 its corrupt and just all their focus into Formula E and maybe Indy car.

The damage done to formula 1 at the weekend and its credibility IMHO was massive and for me now means it isn't worth watching.

Masi has to go for a start he cannot cope and sounds like a scared school kid when he talks to the teams. His weakness has caused most of the problems.

Maybe the end game is to go full Sports Entertainment. In which case I want words like “racing” and “pitstop” banned and replaced by “high velocity duelling” and “a trip to the technical facility”.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

It was crystal clear what the outcome of his actions would be, even to a village idiot like me. And still he did what he did. He created his own result.

I have zero sympathy for him. I want him fucking fired. If social media is giving him shit? Good, keep it coming. I hope it’s enough that he quits or gets removed.

image.gif.189a1d4c39b3b926f7a7bffbee13b304.gif

I’m actually kinda annoyed at how pissed off I still am about all this today, but I just feel taken for a mug for the time I’ve invested in the season when it came down to a fake 1 lap of bullshit.

i hope the merc absolutely spank the FIA legally & make them look like the incompetent outfit they are, max can keep the title then they utterly wipe the floor with the competition for 2022, lewis takes his 8th & drops the mic & retires. 

1 hour ago, wev said:

Does that include Lewis saying on the radio that the result had been manipulated?

The only area of contention that Mercedes can clearly appeal on is the decision to only let SOME of the lapped cars past.

Max made the overtake on fresher tyres because of strategy, not what the race director did or didn’t get right.

Once the race director signalled the safety car was coming in, that’s it.

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

In hindsight, a red flag, if they were desperate for a fireworks finish, should have been the outcome. But Masi bottled that decision and after it became too late to stick a red flag out he bottled the next decision which was to comply with precedent and likely end the race under a SC. 

He was asked by Chandhok before the race whether he’d use a red flag in this scenario, he said he’d try to avoid it.

6 minutes ago, merman said:

Does that include Lewis saying on the radio that the result had been manipulated?

The only area of contention that Mercedes can clearly appeal on is the decision to only let SOME of the lapped cars past.

Max made the overtake on fresher tyres because of strategy, not what the race director did or didn’t get right.

Once the race director signalled the safety car was coming in, that’s it.

You mean in the heat of the moment, as it was all playing out and it was clear to see? Sure, why not.

9 minutes ago, merman said:

And the fact that the safety car came in so quickly. The rules state it should come in the following lap, and I’d say it’s almost certain that merc had that in mind when they made their strategy call. It all stinks to high heaven and I’m amazed anyone can even begin to try and justify the brazen, rule book ignoring, farce of it.

45 minutes ago, myoozikk said:

I’m actually kinda annoyed at how pissed off I still am about all this today, but I just feel taken for a mug for the time I’ve invested in the season when it came down to a fake 1 lap of bullshit.

i hope the merc absolutely spank the FIA legally & make them look like the incompetent outfit they are, max can keep the title then they utterly wipe the floor with the competition for 2022, lewis takes his 8th & drops the mic & retires. 

It is impossible for me to agree more. 

He should announce it in the post race interview. Lewis then hops back in the car and does donuts on the pit straight till the engine explodes. Toto is screaming at him, aggressively pointing again and again egging him on before he rips off his shirt and starts doing press-ups.

The car comes to a stop. They high five, hug it out, flip off Horner and the FIA. Toto casually drops a lit match into the cockpit. The car bursts into flames and they walk off into the sunset. 

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

It is impossible for me to agree more. 

He should announce it in the post race interview. Lewis then hops back in the car and does donuts on the pit straight till the engine explodes. Toto is screaming at him, aggressively pointing again and again egging him on before he rips off his shirt and starts doing press-ups.

The car comes to a stop. They high five, hug it out, flip off Horner and the FIA. Toto casually drops a lit match into the cockpit. The car bursts into flames and they walk off into the sunset. 

Oi, you, me, writers room, now.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

If we are going on one about bullshit and rules then my one would be if you pit in the last 10% of the race you can’t get the point (or take away the point) for fastest lap. Or just get rid of the whole thing because right now it’s broken.

... ooooo...

... oooooooo...

(don't remind Mexos of the time @Moodmon and I did that in the rllmuk championships to tear 8 sacks of shit out of each other in the battle for Maximum Gary Trophy...)

3 minutes ago, sixbuttons said:

... ooooo...

... oooooooo...

(don't remind Mexos of the time @Moodmon and I did that in the rllmuk championships to tear 8 sacks of shit out of each other in the battle for Maximum Gary Trophy...)

Hahahahah! Oh my… instantly transported back. :lol:

How about Lewis takes his helmet off and it really was Will Smith after all this time? Then when Toto rips his shirt open, it's actually Martin Lawrence, they both shout "Bad boys fo life!", Then Porsche announce their entry to F1 there and then and the pair drive off in to the sunset in a black 911 Turbo?

4 hours ago, McCoy said:

Whilst also changing the position of the penalty spot for good measure. 

My version is it's more like having a penalty shootout where you use the same spot, except as the 2nd team is ready to take their first kick the ref says he still wants them to shoot into the goal they were using in the previous half.

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Fucking hell Mario are you trying to make me cry.

Also, Mario. :wub: You are not too shabby yourself.

So long as you never ask him his opinion on female racing drivers.

2 hours ago, myoozikk said:

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that no result has ever been overturned as a result of going to the courts. The FIA just say, "We make the rules and all rules are at the discretion of the race director. We can make and interpit them anyway we like".

The FIA never lose 

😐

I've actually just watched that last lap again and if we'd have got that in a more organic way then, fucking hell, what an end to the race that would have been and that's the real injustice here, because we got that last lap battle we all wanted, regardless of the result, but like Hamilton said on team radio, it was manipulated 

2 hours ago, merman said:

Given it was, I don’t see how that’s contentious.

Please give other examples where only some cars were asked to unlap, but not all, and the safety car immediately came in please.

Just now, wev said:

I've actually just watched that last lap again and if we'd have got that in a more organic way then, fucking hell, what an end to the race that would have been and that's the real injustice here, because we got that last lap battle we all wanted, regardless of the result, but like Hamilton said on team radio, it was manipulated 

except we didn’t: because it wasn’t the race that had been set up with two cars playing with one car on ancient tires and another on reasonably ancient tires. But one car on ancient tires and the other on brand new softs.

it wasn’t ever happening organically.