IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Ultimately unsatisfying to end the championship like that.

Of course, if the Race Director had left the safety car out to the end of the race and Hamilton had won, it wouldn’t have been any better.

Like I have said before, the rules are badly drafted and this sort of snafu is going to happen.

4 minutes ago, AstroBot said:

I doubt this is the end of the discussion but it is for me.  F1 can do one.  It's moved into Sports Entertainment world now.

This is how I feel.  I still pay for Sky Sports F1, I have some discount on it coz I've got movies too (after the whole crazy thing where my "lifetime F1 HD for £10/month" turned out to be a lie) but they're both going now.

1 minute ago, merman said:

Of course, if the Race Director had left the safety car out to the end of the race and Hamilton had won, it wouldn’t have been any better.

Like I have said before, the rules are badly drafted and this sort of snafu is going to happen.

if he’d let them race the last lap but without removing the unlapped cars I don’t think anyone would be complaining.

It would have been an anti climax to finish the race under the safety car but they did have 53~ laps to race and we all saw how that played out; when the safety car appeared the results were representative of the race we saw.

I have to respectfully disagree. Whilst it may have been unsatisfying, there would at least have been some degree of clarity and more importantly, it would have been fair and relatively uncontroversial. As it stands, we're now left in a state of utter disarray and I actually think it's unfortunate for Max as there's always going to be an asterisk next to this championship now. Had Masy simply left the grid unchanged at the time of the safety car there's a very good chance Max still would have won, but without all of the confusion and controversy we're now left with.

Hopefully the sport will learn from this and it will lead to change. I'm sure it will.

Commiserations to Lewis, he drove a great race. Congratulations to Max, it's not like he did anything wrong. Happy for him.

10 minutes ago, merman said:

Although in this particular case they’re actually very clear, but the race director either didn’t know or ignored them.

Fuck it I kind of hope this drags on forever from court to court and gains F1 a load of bad press. Maybe Merc win something, then RB appeal. Rinse, repeat.

Outside chance Mercedes use it as a neat excuse to pull out before 2026 or threaten to not take the grid in 2022.

Within a week the F1 IN CRISIS headlines  (it's been a while) will get wheeled out again. 

For once the btcc and it's own set of bullshit rules and regs stands as a shining light to this absolute shower of hot piss. It's always plus 2 laps if the safety car falls on the closing stages of a race. Just fuel all the cars plus 2 laps. Fail the fuel test, out you go.

Simples.

5 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Fuck this is tense.  I reckon there's going to be some more drama before the end.

Posted with ten laps to go. Probably the most prophetic thing I've ever posted.  :lol:

Although I didn't predict the drama rumbling on for hours, days, weeks, or however long this will take before it is over with.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

It’s over. Max won a race he had absolutely no right to thanks to Masi doing everything in his power to put him in a position to win. But those six seconds lost to Perez were more valuable than they first appeared.

6 seconds or 20 seconds going by masi's rule book, he still isn't going to win.