IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

1 minute ago, morcs said:

Both have to give up the natural racing line though, the outside loses the apex and the inside loses the exit.

Indeed, but the guy in front has the right to take the racing line unless there's someone to his outside already, which is why passing on the outside is risky because momentum is against inside guy being able to leave space even if he wants to. So you're either alongside and force inside guy to concede, or you're a cheeky bastard who deserves to be guided off track. 😁

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Yes, on an almost race by race basis it seems, but traditionally, unless you're fully alongside, the guy on the inside can legally squeeze you and that's how it should be. Of course each incidence of it has to be judged on its own merits as there can be so many variables. 

Are the National Lottery still using Guinevere these days? Or did the FIA buy it off them, seems to be a complete lottery as to what's acceptable and what isn't

17 minutes ago, wev said:

Are the National Lottery still using Guinevere these days? Or did the FIA buy it off them, seems to be a complete lottery as to what's acceptable and what isn't

I believe they purchased Lancelot. 

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

Did you not see Brazil? Assuming they think you can pass here now then from 6th on the grid if they make that change before qualifying he's going to stroll it.

The risk though is that a new engine is actually slightly more likely to break than a race tested but in life engine.  And that regardless of speed, to make that plan work he DOES probably have to pass both Red Bulls.

I just assumed Hamilton with this still new engine is quicker than Verstappen and they'll be confident of pole and leading the race, and having to come through the grid is a big gamble. I thought the new engine before was a sort of last championship gamble really that was needed because the Red Bull was quicker and they needed to win consecutive races to catch up. I don't know which car this track favours though and how confident Hamilton is on getting pole.

I wonder how much this has effected next year, both Merc and Red Bull have probably put a lot more focus into these cars than they would have wanted seing as there’s not likely to be much carry-over.  Going to be an even bigger kicker to the loser if they are also mid-field next year.

Channel 4’s usual Formula 1 partner Whisper will produce wrap-around content, while race commentary will be provided by Sky Sports F1’s David Croft and Martin Brundle.

This seems to be happening more regularly, first the T20 World Cup final and more recently Radacanu's US Open final this year. 

Yay!

Oh, actually, noooo the only race that I can watch live since Silverstone and it's on my youngests birthday and we have her incredibly loud aunt and uncle and their two dogs coming over 😭

40 minutes ago, mexos said:

Great choice. As it is Christmas I've doubled it up to £40. Deffo up for another next year but I may have to be a bit less rash with my choices! Congrats on the victory! :hat: 🍾

tadaaa.jpg.7ff032c0e0f88fe6acdf5ddd87d36fde.jpg

What a gent, thank you, very generous. :slowclap:

22 hours ago, Corranga said:

It seems utterly crazy that it got through all of the conversations, not just with Kingspan, but internally at Merc.  As I understand it, from Mercedes perspective (not the F1 team, the car company) their entire F1 program is an amazingly cheap, for the investment, marketing drive.  The exposure they get is incredible, with other companies (like Kingspan) helping to reduce that investment, and prize money likely even negating it nowadays. 

Indeed, they don't even own most of the F1 team, just a 33% share.

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

What were the terms of the bet again? If it was simply that Perez would beat Max then you may have settled this too early…. still time for a Schu/Villeneuve incident and Max to end up on zero points!

Although in that particular case, Schumacher kept the points but was removed from 2nd in the championship so it wouldn't work!

3 hours ago, Blue said:

😲 Very good point! In that event I will of course refund the mexos and make a £40 donation to a charity of his choosing.

It might just be the perfect ending to this season. Come on Max! 

All good sir. I have conceded. In this competition the result stands. :)