IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

2 minutes ago, morcs said:

Very rumoury too but a friend of a friend who works for Red Bull said Max doesn't exactly discourage some of the more despicable behaviour of his fans.

What despicable behaviour? 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Certainly sounds like a solid case you're building there. 

Hehe yeah, I now immediately regret saying it, but it's been playing on my mind because I do trust the person who told me!

And it's not exactly like there aren't other hints of it: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/why-do-verstappens-offensive-comments-get-a-free-pass-4977790/4977790/

54 minutes ago, Meers said:

I'm ashamed to say (and it's no excuse) that here in the Netherlands, it's a common swear word. And I'm sure that a large part of the population doesn't know the historical use of the moniker. Not many people here bat an eyelid at it though.

I'm sorry mate, but the case is closed. Max fans are despicable racists because... actually I'm not sure we've heard all the evidence for that yet, but they definitely are. All of them. And the evidence against Max is compelling. If a friend of a friend of morcs saying that Max doesn't exactly discourage their behaviour and that he once called notable minority figure, Lance Stroll, a mongol isn't enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you, but it's definitely enough to drag his name through the mud. 

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm sorry mate, but the case is closed. Max fans are despicable racists because... actually I'm not sure we've heard all the evidence for that yet, but they definitely are. All of them. And the evidence against Max is compelling. 

😅

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

All of them? Nooooooooo @Blue tell me it's not true! Can't believe it. Gutted. 😢

It's shocking, I know, but we've all seen the evidence now so there's no point denying it. 

I'm a fan of Max and obviously a massive racist but it's tempered by also being a fan of Lewis, Charles, Lando, Danny Ric and Carlos, so I manage to hide under the radar. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's shocking, I know, but we've all seen the evidence now so there's no point denying it. 

I'm a fan of Max and obviously a massive racist but it's tempered by also being a fan of Lewis, Charles, Lando, Danny Ric and Carlos, so I manage to hide under the radar. 

What, no Vettel? He chill!

I like that we have a Dutchman doing extremely well in F1 these days, but not at the cost of sportsmanship.

3 minutes ago, Meers said:

I like that we have a Dutchman doing extremely well in F1 these days, but not at the cost of sportsmanship.

I’d expect nothing from the country that gave us Koeman in 93.

45 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh I didn't mean "despicable behaviour of all of his fans"! I thought it was obvious that it was a small minority but should have made it clear. The accusation was that when he found out about this tiny minority he didn't exactly condemn it.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Vettel doesn't have the nerve for it any more. 

People will make their own mind up about Max and that's fine of course, but for me he's the most exciting thing to happen to F1 in a long time. 

I genuinely don't think being deliberately unsportsmanlike is the essence of his driving approach. 

Gutted I am going to be missing the last race, I'm going on holiday, trying to find a potential way around viewing it by installing Nord VPN & hopefully I can then VPN back to watch via Now TV.

Seems like the only sensible PR move, although from what I understood (which was literally one post from someone somewhere) Kingspan products made up about 10% of the cladding and were being used in a manner they weren’t designed for having been purchased from an independent retailer, which, if true, means the blame on them sounds akin to blaming Apple because someone bought an iPhone and used it to place the call that ordered some nefarious deed.