IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Just now, Blue said:

Masi really has to go as he totally lost control of the race.

If you were being kind to him you’d say it was a hell of a challenging race for anyone to be in charge of.

If you were not being kind… insert expletives of you choice here. The guy is not up to the task and needs to go asap.

3 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

This track was shit and dangerous. I'd hope we'd never see a race here again but we all know money talks.

Nah it was better than average. Fuck Monza and Monaco off and all those boring tracks. Only problem

is it will probably never rain there, so Saudi need to introduce sprinklers. 

2 minutes ago, mexos said:

10 year deal…

Even if it wasn't, this is where Liberty makes its money and gets its prestige. They would've loved that show and presentation, they'll get the same treatment next week in Yas.

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

What a race! It’s the first F1 I’ve watched in decades (and paid for a 24 hour now pass), watched it with my daughter (her first F1). Such drama! Roll on next week. 

Same here, first race I've ever watched from start to finish after jumping on the F1 bandwagon for the first time ever this season. I totally agree about the WWE comment earlier too, it's almost pantomime. 

If, in the final race, Verstappen wipes out Hamilton (and himself) - what happens then? They both have equal points and Verstappen has win advantage. Can they disqualify a driver outright or dock points?

Did anyone else notice the different use of cameras /zoom from race to qually. I thought it was pretty cool how they made the cars look so fast in qually. Obviously in a race you need to use wider shots. It was quite jarring at first mind. 

10 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Same here, first race I've ever watched from start to finish after jumping on the F1 bandwagon for the first time ever this season. I totally agree about the WWE comment earlier too, it's almost pantomime. 

If, in the final race, Verstappen wipes out Hamilton (and himself) - what happens then? They both have equal points and Verstappen has win advantage. Can they disqualify a driver outright or dock points?

In 1997 Schumacher had his points removed for deliberately whacking Villeneuve - he was basically disqualified from the entire championship.

15 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Jeddah is only for two years. From 2023 they are building a new circuit which is allegedly going to look like this

https://drivetribe.com/p/track-talk-analysing-and-redesigning-R8o5Ybe0RKOeFnuFzti-6g?iid=fjhejtD1RyWS8I8CBRvX4Q

QIDDIYA.thumb.jpg.490fc43997d80059ef63bb28536de650.jpg

The cross over is an actual cross road and the speed trap is a proper hole in the road covered by some leaves just for the spectacle

Another farcical decision, the last time it happened it was a 10 sec stop and go…..

I actually wish we could have actual racing but given Max is seemingly above the rules and the stewards incompetent we will just have to rely on Bottas cleaning Max out to ensure a fair result next race.

0 points in it and 1 race to go, there was no way they were ever penalising Max in a way to change that.

The whole DRS line thing is just the usual F1 BS, there should be a rule in place that states if you are ordered to give a position back, you can’tre-take the position for the next complete sector/lap/whatever.

TBH, I can forgive the leniency on this 10 seconds, as I don’t want to see the championship decided in a board room, but the FIA really need to sort things out. Negotiating on grid positions with no steward’s decision I’d pathetic, lack of clarity on red flag grids, formation laps, or not, gaps left to safety cars, lapped cars driving slowly under VSC, asking the team to give a position back before telling the other team they’d be let past…

I came into this season as “anyone but Hamilton” as the Merc dominance is dull and I find Toto only slightly less irritating than Horner, but I’m all team LH now, I don’t want to see (this) Max win. Perhaps a different Max in the future (post Red Bull?)

Don’t want to see either win the last race though, I’d take a Max retirement and Lewis in 10th 😅

Gonna catch up on the thread once the Channel 4 coverage has finished, but I'm getting really tired of Coulthard's lack of impartiality, don't fucking be a commentator if youre on one of the teams payroll still. 

Whenever the rules have benefited Mercedes it's "I'm tired of the Stewards getting in the way" when they benefit Red Bull it's "rules are rules"