Jump to content
IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy


T Pot
 Share

Recommended Posts

They’re giving Hamilton the Brazil engine again for Saudi. There’s definitely something shady about that power unit, they gave Bottas an absolute stack of them throughout the year, but we never heard anything about him having more power because all his engines only need to do a few races each. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Red Bull still have their rear wing issue as well. It’s their skinny low downforce wing that had the flapping problem which they still can’t fix and forced them to use a high downforce version in Qatar instead. If they can’t find a solution in time for the next race that’s going to affect the setup of the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s Hamilton’s in a clean fight, but if they come within touching distance Max - whilst not actually straying into deliberate collision territory - is definitely taking the “I don’t care whose corner it is, you jump out the way or we crash” approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Far more likely Mercedes have gone YOLO on the reliability issues they had at the beginning of the season and are giving it the full beans. But that's not quite as exciting a conspiracy theory as some Ferrari style nefarious scheme I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it's no doubt all above board. I'm sure no one in F1 is at all suspicious that they waited until Max had 9 wins and was on the cusp of winning the championship before someone at Mercedes thought "I know, why don't we just turn the engine up a bit." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They always had it in the engine to 'turn it up a bit', and they used to quite often in the races, until it got banned. As I'm not going full tinfoil conspiracy theory on this I would say it is far more likely Mercedes, now being pushed for the first time since the hybrid engines replaced the V8's have gone full 'party mode' on the engines for the remaining races.

 

Anyway, I thought flexi wings were the definite 'we got them this time!!!!' smoking gun?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, layten said:

They always had it in the engine to 'turn it up a bit', and they used to quite often in the races, until it got banned. As I'm not going full tinfoil conspiracy theory on this I would say it is far more likely Mercedes, now being pushed for the first time since the hybrid engines replaced the V8's have gone full 'party mode' on the engines for the remaining races.

 

I think that's exactly what they have done. I think they were testing various limits on all of Bottas' engines and when they found that sweet spot they have started cranking Hamilton's engines to it. They know that they will wear out faster but the power they kick out and the fact that Ham can easily get through the field has shown them that any 5 place grid penalty is going to be a minor inconvenience at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah, flexi wings were the distraction. 😉

I don't think it's as simple as engaging party mode, but then I also don't give a damn. If it's fully legal, fine, if it's somewhat dodgy but the FIA can't find it yet, fine. All in the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's see if RB remember where they put their pesky party mode button. Hope so, because Lewis charging off to win with a minute to spare in a leisurely Sunday drive is not what this season deserves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, T Pot said:

 

I think that's exactly what they have done. I think they were testing various limits on all of Bottas' engines and when they found that sweet spot they have started cranking Hamilton's engines to it. They know that they will wear out faster but the power they kick out and the fact that Ham can easily get through the field has shown them that any 5 place grid penalty is going to be a minor inconvenience at best. 

 

The interesting thing there is both the remaining circuits are unknowns.  Jeddah could go either way but is looking like a tricky passing circuit.  And Abu is one, but what do they think the changes have done?

 

How much do they want to bet.

 

Although with basically those 2 ahead of the world they can probably count on rocking up to the back of Max and hopping him in the stop. The problem is all things equal they have to win twice, Max needs once.  And one miscalculation on that engine and it failing during a race or Q1/2 and it's game over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

The problem is all things equal they have to win twice, Max needs once.  And one miscalculation on that engine and it failing during a race or Q1/2 and it's game over.

 

It's fucking fantastic though isn't it? I don't care who wins. If Merc get their 8th in a row or if RB break the streak. We've had an amazingly intense multi team battle right to the last couple of races in the season. It's brilliant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Nah, flexi wings were the distraction. 😉

I don't think it's as simple as engaging party mode, but then I also don't give a damn. If it's fully legal, fine, if it's somewhat dodgy but the FIA can't find it yet, fine. All in the game. 


man says I don’t give a damn but sure posts a lot about it.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/11/2021 at 14:10, T Pot said:

 

It's fucking fantastic though isn't it? I don't care who wins. If Merc get their 8th in a row or if RB break the streak. We've had an amazingly intense multi team battle right to the last couple of races in the season. It's brilliant. 

 

Yeah like I've said before the only reason I'd rather it was Verstappen is just how fucking bored I am of Mercedes and Hamilton winning EVERYTHING for what now seems like my entire adult life.

 

Although christ they'll be insufferable, but that's probably true either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Barcelona extended? Ho-hum. At least Alonso and Sainz should keep attendances relatively high for a few years.

 

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone. Feel free to enjoy this superb slice of toe-curling self-aggrandisement.

 

 

I should have watched this when I was struggling to sleep last night.  Never has a man made driving really fast in a Ferrari sound so fucking dull...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/11/2021 at 14:31, kiroquai said:

Barcelona extended? Ho-hum. At least Alonso and Sainz should keep attendances relatively high for a few years.

 

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone. Feel free to enjoy this superb slice of toe-curling self-aggrandisement.

 

 

 

I quite enjoyed that :blink: I mean he is a miserable sod but for such a lump of a man he sure was quick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.