IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

4 minutes ago, ryodi said:

However as soon as Gasly stopped I assume the marshall has to show double waved yellow. 

Yeah, that was my thinking. How could he not be waving flags with Gasly stopped right there in front of him. I’d like somebody to ask Horner what he thought that marshall should have been doing - he seems keen to throw the poor fella under the bus.

And flag or no flag, surely if you go past a car stopped on the track like that you know what the drill should be?

14 hours ago, Dudley said:

Sigh, let's not turn this into some pathetic fanboy conspiracy forum.

Absolutely you should be pinged for not obeying yellows, I say this constantly.

But Hamilton wasn't DQ'd because it wasn't safe, his results from a single session were removed because what he drove in that session was not an F1 car.  He wasn't actually penalised at all technically.  Every lap he did in an F1 car counted, that just happened to be no laps.

I wasn't fan boying. 

I'm decrying the FIA and its lack of consistency with penalties. 

A sefety things should be punished harder than a worn part out of tolerance. Sure it was a clear right / wrong but to be thrown to the back of the grid seems disproportionate. Compared to ignoring double waved flags. 

Add to that, Redbull seem to be constantly changing their rearwing in park ferme with no penalty at all. 

It's the lacy consistency. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lewis is going to have to get a great start here or he might find all the red tyre starters around him causing problems.

I think at least one of Alonso or Gasly will beat him into turn 1. He needs to make through the first lap without incidents and then go for the win.

1 hour ago, Sidewaysbob said:

I wasn't fan boying. 

I'm decrying the FIA and its lack of consistency with penalties. 

A sefety things should be punished harder than a worn part out of tolerance. Sure it was a clear right / wrong but to be thrown to the back of the grid seems disproportionate. Compared to ignoring double waved flags. 

Add to that, Redbull seem to be constantly changing their rearwing in park ferme with no penalty at all. 

It's the lacy consistency. 

The wing literally wasn't punished.

He didn't get times for a session he did not legally participate in but he wasn't punished.

2 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Yes, after destroying his front wing and picking up a penalty in qualifying, Gasly's immediate reaction to Max isn't our race is to dive off the track...

Crofty really needs to put a lid on the in-race conspiracy crap

To be fair, that front wing thing gained him 2 places, he didn't get any penalty nor should he.