IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/20/f1-teams-not-at-risk-of-exclusion-over-new-rear-wing-tests-in-qatar/

Formula 1 teams are being subjected to new tests of the flexibility of their rear wings following today’s qualifying session for the Qatar Grand Prix. However, RaceFans understands any teams found not to meet the standards of the test will not be at risk of exclusion from any of the remaining rounds of this season. Teams were advised of the new rear wing test ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix weekend. However, they have been told a ‘stay of execution’ will be given should any wing fail to comply with the test between now and the end of the championship in three weeks’ time

If that’s the case I assume the FIA are only doing the tests to Horner will leave them alone.

Regarding the merc engine being fast. 

Think about it this way. At the start of the year merc had a bit of a reliability problem so they had the engines turned down to survive. 

Now with 3 races to go, they can start to turn the wick back up, because they have nothing to lose now. The Brazil engine was brand new, full fat turned up to 9. The engine is the same as they've had for 3 years give or take. It's not got slower, its just been turned down this year to survive. 

That and Lewis is in full on fight mode now. 

3 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Hmm somehow I doubt it. Ignoring safety flags is no way more dangerous than 0.2mm of rear wing now is it. That shit is next level wrong. 

Sigh, let's not turn this into some pathetic fanboy conspiracy forum.

Absolutely you should be pinged for not obeying yellows, I say this constantly.

But Hamilton wasn't DQ'd because it wasn't safe, his results from a single session were removed because what he drove in that session was not an F1 car.  He wasn't actually penalised at all technically.  Every lap he did in an F1 car counted, that just happened to be no laps.

So this is what Red Bull have suspicions about: 

Pretty clever if Mercedes wing is flexing back there at high speed as it is kind of hidden from the rear onboard cameras. Slightly more subtle than Red bull’s obvious flexi wing at the start of the year…

Seeing the Red Bull wings flapping about and constantly needing fixed/replaced over the race weekends lately makes me think they’re trying something and not getting it right.  Part of Horner’s constant noise about the Merc wing is a distraction tactic from what they’re up to.  That’s not to say Merc aren’t doing anything with the wing either. 

If you're not cheating you're not trying of course.  Those cars are absolutely going to be up to the very limits of both the regs and any published tolerance.

27 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Seeing the Red Bull wings flapping about and constantly needing fixed/replaced over the race weekends lately makes me think they’re trying something and not getting it right.  Part of Horner’s constant noise about the Merc wing is a distraction tactic from what they’re up to.  That’s not to say Merc aren’t doing anything with the wing either. 

I seem to mention it every couple of years here but Frank Dernie, F1 aero legend in the 70s-90s or so always made a very good point.

Whenever they were doing something innovative or just plain a bit dodgy, they would always also do something else that wasn't dodgy but was much more obvious.  Because then everyone would go hog wild investigating, copy or just plain protesting something that was ultimately legal and not always notice the hidden but much more important detail.

The Mercedes scoring could, absolutely, be a distraction from something, possibly even a 2nd implementation of that slightly dodgy steering thing.