IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

18 minutes ago, layten said:

Looks like it's now OK to divebomb down the inside with literally no intention of making the corner.

That's what they have set themselves up for it seems. I think the incident in question wasn't quite as clear cut as it first appears but going on previous decisions, they should have at least made Max give back the place or preferably given a 5 second penalty. Doing so after the race would be a mistake imo. I think they'll probably have a word with the drivers and make it clear what's allowed in the next 3 races or things might get silly. 

This is going to get even more messy.

Horner says if he sees the same wing on the Merc this he will protest it. I think he's full of shit. They would have protested already if they had a case. I don't think RB have worked it out yet.

Denying the review is the right thing, regardless of a view on the exact incident.  There simply wasn't any important new information available that wasn't available at the time.  Whether they bothered to look at it or not it was available.

If he thought he had a case, he'd have protested it by now - and that's exactly what Brundle said. It's time to stop with the messy, childish accusations - either put in a formal protest or shut up. It's almost libel in a way, and I'd be totally on for Merc getting heavy with him on it.

“Hi, Mister Judge, sir. I want you to change your verdict.”

”Show me some new evidence.”

The Brazilian Grand Prix stewards were reconvened to hear Mercedes' request for a "right of review".

They determined that the on-board camera footage did meet the tests required of it being "new", "unavailable at the time of the decision" and "relevant" but they said it was not "significant".

The ruling said: "There is nothing in the footage that fundamentally changes the facts. Nor even does this show anything that wasn't considered by the stewards at the time."

And the wing still flexes...

Look, over there, look. Look at them. Not at us, no not at us, at them....

Horner accused Mercedes of running a rear wing that flexes under aerodynamic load to boost straight-line speed. Wolff said it had been checked many times and been found legal.

So it was ironic that the rear wing on both Red Bulls could be seen to be oscillating when the DRS overtaking aid was deployed during the second session.

Red Bull spent some time repairing the DRS flaps on both cars to stop this happening.

47 minutes ago, mexos said:

I like the way you hid the url of that link. :hat:

Ha! That's quite funny. Would you prefer F1.com.

Red Bull's Christian Horner says that he remains baffled by the Mercedes "mind-boggling" straight-line speed. And the speed trap numbers recorded at the end of Interlagos' main straight clearly confirm Horner's worries.

At 339 km/h, Hamilton clocked in 4 km/h quicker than the second fastest car, but a whopping 21.7 km/h faster than his championship rival, Red Bull's Max Verstappen!

Let's face it, Horner is only saying what everyone else in F1  is thinking. As another wise man once said:

On 15/11/2021 at 09:34, mexos said:

Thinking of past WDC battles I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a dramatic performance swing (outside of parts being outlawed or because of a tyre war) from one track to the next for the championship rivals. And now we have two complete unknowns coming up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only logical conclusion is that we are in fact living in a simulation and Netflix have an admin log on.

Best of luck to Mercedes. I don't mind where they've found the magical increase in straight line speed as long as they can hide it from the FIA and we don't end the season in a disqualification, but let's not pretend they haven't found it.

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy