IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Presumably they have wheel angle traces though?

They would not just yolo a call like that of course.

EDIT:

Oh...

As the incident did not lead to a full investigation, the stewards also would not have reviewed the telemetry from Verstappen’s car showing his entry speed, braking point and steering inputs.

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Indeed, and now he's got a much faster car than everyone else again, the championship should be in the bag.

14 point difference with 3 races to go? Doubt it.  Verstappen just needs to finish second behind Lewis in 2 of the races and ahead of Lewis on 1 and Verstappens got it.  I think it's still Verstappens to lose.   Plus all he needs to do is have a little accident if Hamilton tries to pass him again and take him out. One less race for Hamilton to pull it back.  That was probably on his mind this time round. Same with Hamilton. He knows he needs to finish races. I suspect we'll see this "racing" again this season.

8 hours ago, rafaqat said:

14 point difference with 3 races to go? Doubt it.  Verstappen just needs to finish second behind Lewis in 2 of the races and ahead of Lewis on 1 and Verstappens got it.  I think it's still Verstappens to lose.   Plus all he needs to do is have a little accident if Hamilton tries to pass him again and take him out. One less race for Hamilton to pull it back.  That was probably on his mind this time round. Same with Hamilton. He knows he needs to finish races. I suspect we'll see this "racing" again this season.

Lewis gave Max an 8 place head start and breezed past him in his new, not suspicious at all, rocket ship. It's highly doubtful Max can compete with it, but we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lewis gave Max an 8 place head start and breezed past him in his new, not suspicious at all, rocket ship. It's highly doubtful Max can compete with it, but we'll see. 

We've seen Mercedes have the superior car earlier in the season only for Redbull to turn it round the next race.

Like I said, all it takes is for Max to "race hard" and oh dear there seems to be a collision. Hamilton is going to have to continue to have to be super careful going anywhere near him as it's been confirmed that as long as he keeps taking avoiding action aka drive off the circuit no action will be taken.  I still think this is Max's to lose.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Lewis gave Max a 9 place head start and breezed past him in his new, not suspicious at all, rocket ship. It's highly doubtful Max can compete with it, but we'll see. 

As much as I would like to see Max grab the WDC this year, I don't think he will because of the reason you mentioned. I'm prepared for a scenario where LH nicks it in the last race. Us Dutch have never been lucky when we have world titles in sight. Just look at the football to see what I mean.

I think they agree with your Meers it just appears to have become a thing to think 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton is an entirely incapable baby who hasn't a chance at anything, even directly after he ripped apart the entire field in a race where he was as dominant as any time since 2014.

The only people who don't think Lewis Hamilton is easily good enough to make a fight of this appear to be Lewis Hamilton fans.

41 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thinking of past WDC battles I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a dramatic performance swing (outside of parts being outlawed or because of a tyre war) from one track to the next for the championship rivals. And now we have two complete unknowns coming up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only logical conclusion is that we are in fact living in a simulation and Netflix have an admin log on.

37 minutes ago, Meers said:

As much as I would like to see Max grab the WDC this year, I don't think he will because of the reason you mentioned. I'm prepared for a scenario where LH nicks it in the last race. Us Dutch have never been lucky when we have world titles in sight. Just look at the football to see what I mean.

I think the feeling is that it’s Max’s to lose, he has a points advantage and the next circuit has all the hallmarks for suiting the Redbull more (much like this looked on paper to favour Mercedes esp with a new engine that’s known to have more power than a used one) so he could go into the last two with race win advantage points wise.

Hamilton has lost a championship with more of an advantage at this point so of course its not over but Honda have been more reliable, the Redbull has been the better car more often than not and Max is I a first season rookie liable to make a silly mistake so he has to be favourite at this point.

If Max wins one more race all he needs is to finish second in the other races to win the title and Bottas isn’t going to finish ahead of him again this season. But with two new circuits and the improvements to Yas Marin it could still go either way. 

41 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I think they agree with your Meers it just appears to have become a thing to think 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton is an entirely incapable baby who hasn't a chance at anything, even directly after he ripped apart the entire field in a race where he was as dominant as any time since 2014.

The only people who don't think Lewis Hamilton is easily good enough to make a fight of this appear to be Lewis Hamilton fans.

Whatever anyone thinks of Max and/or Lewis...their rivalry is incredibly positive for the sport.

Max' current lead in the WDC has summoned Super Lewis (and I think he absolutely loves all the rivalry), and together with the new Merc ICE he will pose an ever bigger threat for Max' than he already was.

Lewis had some bad luck recently, giving Max more leeway to climb up the ranks. But last weekend made me realise that Lewis (and Merc) are not to be underestimated. Even the Ziggo Sport commentators were dumbstruck by Lewis' performance (they're very biased towards Max - annoyingly).

I'm not a big Max fan, but the Dutchman in me wants him to grab this one. Not because I don't grant Lewis the WDC (he's the GOAT in my book), but to see a bit of a shake-up in the sport.

Lando's my fave F1 driver, btw.

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

Thinking of past WDC battles I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a dramatic performance swing (outside of parts being outlawed or because of a tyre war) from one track to the next for the championship rivals. And now we have two complete unknowns coming up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only logical conclusion is that we are in fact living in a simulation and Netflix have an admin log on.

They were saying at the start of the Sky F1 weekend show that the average difference between the RB and Merc for the entire season was 0.1 seconds. Then this happened. RB must be in total shock today. 

12 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I think the feeling is that it’s Max’s to lose, he has a points advantage and the next circuit has all the hallmarks for suiting the Redbull more (much like this looked on paper to favour Mercedes esp with a new engine that’s known to have more power than a used one) so he could go into the last two with race win advantage points wise.

Hamilton has lost a championship with more of an advantage at this point so of course its not over but Honda have been more reliable, the Redbull has been the better car more often than not and Max is I a first season rookie liable to make a silly mistake so he has to be favourite at this point.

Well for the reasons I mentioned, I hope you're right. In all the time I've been watching F1 (since the mid-90s), I've never experienced it to be as exciting as it is now.