IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Ross Brawn has told Ted’s Notebook he loved that but it was only interesting because Hamilton was starting at the back. Apparently the six sprint races next season won’t set the grid but will form their own mini championship with points down the tenth place. Stupid idea just gets stupider, why would you waste parts on a Mickey Mouse mini championship?

Perhaps they’ll award half points for those like they did at Spa. Lots of winners but not a race.

I just remembered how Horner called out Lewis overtake on Lando because he was like 29kph faster with DRS essentially implying he had to be cheating.

Whilst five minutes before Lando basically said he just lifted off coz he knew there was no point fighting it (I assume since Lewis would be starting behind him anyway).

grrrr

13 hours ago, ryodi said:

He’d have started sixth without the penalty if he’d won the sprint so it’s cost him four places and two points to Max. Not bad for damage control.

Especially given the brain trust here wanted Hamilton to fuck off for a coffee and boycott the race.

5 minutes ago, sprite said:

I just remembered how Horner called out Lewis overtake on Lando because he was like 29kph faster with DRS essentially implying he had to be cheating.

Whilst five minutes before Lando basically said he just lifted off coz he knew there was no point fighting it (I assume since Lewis would be starting behind him anyway).

grrrr

Yeah I've spent the last 12 hours wondering why the fuck anyone thought that was an impressive overtake. Lando finishes 5th either way, of course he doesn't want the quick car behind him, he let Lewis by while losing as little time as possible.

Much of the rest of Lewis' race was impressive, that was a wave by.

I’ve just rewatched the sprint while I had my breakfast. It really is the worst tv direction I can remember of late. They missed so many moves, while showing us shots like the rear wing of Perez while he’s trying to overtake Sainz. WTF. I’m no fan of the Picture in Picture but surely this was the ideal use of it and they didn’t use it once that I could see.

Here's the tl'dr if this stuff is new or confusing to you as it relates to F1.

Even though they are actually just a sponsor of the entirely separate company that runs the F1 team, that sponsorship costs Aston Martin (road cars)  £4000 for every car they sell.  These are expensive cars, that's only 2% of their revenue but it's 20% of their profit (EDITDA) just on the basic costs of making cars and doesn't include all the other shit they need to pay out like taxes.  Aston Martin (road cars) has lost £164m this year overall.

They have a deal with Mercedes, their cars now rely on it. Said deal involved Mercedes owning part of Aston at a guaranteed minimum value for the company of £12.40 a share until the end of 2027.  It's fallen from £23 to £16.61 this year already.

There is also a potential legal issue that Stroll is using public company Aston Martin (road cars) to fund private company Aston Martin (F1) while fairly famously employing members of his family in high profile roles at said firm.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I've spent the last 12 hours wondering why the fuck anyone thought that was an impressive overtake.

Yeah absolutely nothing impressive about coming from that far back with overspeed, braking that late and not locking up or just overshooting the corner altogether. Might as well have been a pass on the straight.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Especially given the brain trust here wanted Hamilton to fuck off for a coffee and boycott the race.

I thought he'd get to tenth place and no further due to the high top speed of the cars ahead of him which looked like it was happening when he was stuck behind Danny RIc for a few laps. But a combination of lots of old engines ahead of him with Mercedes powered cars especially suffering from performance degradation the older they get, the pack breaking up enough that no DRS train of any length formed and the fact his new engine only has to last four races instead of 6-7 means it can be turned up giving him extra power. A podium is a probably the most he can hope for today, DRS isn't active until lap 3 at which point Max and Bottas will probably be 5 seconds ahead of third place and it's going to take a lot to close that gap once he's up to Perez. 

Antony Davidson did a good break down yesterday of his different approaches to lining up overtakes on the cars ahead of him

I have actually seen people posting on Twitter that the FIA were “racist” in penalising Hamilton.

Racist against a piece of carbon fibre, somehow?

And the other idiotic theory was that Mac knew EXACTLY where to push on the Merc to damage it or make it look .ike it wasn’t illegal. Yeah, right.

Great drive from Hamilton in the sprint, but it’s going to take clever strategy and luck with the traffic after pit stops for him to get anywhere near the podium.

22 minutes ago, merman said:

I have actually seen people posting on Twitter that the FIA were “racist” in penalising Hamilton.

Racist against a piece of carbon fibre, somehow?

And the other idiotic theory was that Mac knew EXACTLY where to push on the Merc to damage it or make it look .ike it wasn’t illegal. Yeah, right.

Great drive from Hamilton in the sprint, but it’s going to take clever strategy and luck with the traffic after pit stops for him to get anywhere near the podium.

Mind you, they’d have got away with it in court; Verstappen poking at the wing immediately before that side only failed by 0.2mm, having not been an issue all season? That introduces enough reasonable doubt that no jury would convict them!

4 minutes ago, myoozikk said:

Red bull are the kings of shithousing 

Only because Ferrari have been so irrelevant for so long…… bit like Redbull, when they dont have the best car they are ok - quite a breath of fresh air and even Horner isnt too bad then they go full twunt mode when successful.

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #WingGate
  • T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy