IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

3 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Feel really sorry for the fans here. This is basically Silverstone 2000 all over again, but worse. Going to be plenty of people sleeping in their cars in a muddy pond that used to be a car park overnight.

At least Silverstone has tractors to help pull the cars out of the fields. I’ve never seen much of that any time I’ve been to Spa. 

Watching Mick drive the 191 his Dad made his debut in (although knowing ol’ wheeler-dealer EJ it’s probably not the exact chassis) is cool. Very telling that a guy whose job it is to drive quite probably the quickest F1 cars in history is taken aback and grinning ear-to-ear whilst driving a car that’s probably a good 10 seconds a lap slower than the thing he drives now.

Such a shame his Dad can’t be on the pit wall watching stuff like that.

Why did it take them 2 3/4 hours to decide to stick the track sweepers out, and, will it really even help?  

Could it even make things worse as grip change between swept and non-swept areas differs in areas the drivers aren't used to?

Either way, I'm out, Sky box set to record the chat for the next couple of hours, off to my mums for Sunday dinner :D

15 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Watching Mick drive the 191 his Dad made his debut in (although knowing ol’ wheeler-dealer EJ it’s probably not the exact chassis) is cool. Very telling that a guy whose job it is to drive quite probably the quickest F1 cars in history is taken aback and grinning ear-to-ear whilst driving a car that’s probably a good 10 seconds a lap slower than the thing he drives now.

Such a shame his Dad can’t be on the pit wall watching stuff like that.

I loved how excited Vettel was. You know he would have given anything to be able to jump into it.

I didn't expect to get home before the race ended, never mind before it started.

Don't they have to do a minimum number of laps (or technically distance I suppose) before it's classified as a proper race?

[edit]

Brundle just answered that for me.