IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I can’t seem to find the image but there is a shot of the damage to Max’s car doing the rounds (insta) and I’m shocked that the people whining about working on a car under red flags have not been jumping up and down about that especially how dangerous it looks……… 🤓

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Yeah but it's different this time. 

I still think it should be a rule. Either ban it or have it so any work done on the red flags you go to the back of the grid. Plenty of other racing series do it and it's not an issue. I'm just avoiding going into it on here as I'll just get drowned out and shouted down by the "We don't like change everything should stay exactly how it is" crowd.

There needs to be a good reason to make a change. Based on an identified need + data, testing, simulation, feedback etc to back it up. Or you get Brexit like change, based on opinion and emotion that actually ends up doing more harm than good. 

Compare the way they have approached the new 2021 2022 rules to say.... the way they implemented knockout qualifying. 

3 minutes ago, mexos said:

Or you get Brexit like change, based on opinion and emotion that actually ends up doing more harm than good. 

No, I've always thought it should be the case. It rewards the drivers that keep their noses clean. And yes I know there are some that get caught up in things, but that just racing. It happens. 

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Yeah but it's different this time. 

To be fair this one is a bit different.

In Britain the person who (as far as the FIA were concerned) cause the red flag got a freebie.

Here it's what I think everyone would agree was the victim of the specific incident.

1 hour ago, T Pot said:

I still think it should be a rule. Either ban it or have it so any work done on the red flags you go to the back of the grid. Plenty of other racing series do it and it's not an issue. I'm just avoiding going into it on here as I'll just get drowned out and shouted down by the "We don't like change everything should stay exactly how it is" crowd.

This did not happen.

46 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Really enjoying this documentary: Sebastian Vettel - The Ferrari Fable

Question. Is there any way I can watch old races? In full. Talking about starting in the 90’s. Does anywhere have them? 

Sneaky youtube searches mostly.

41 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Really enjoying this documentary: Sebastian Vettel - The Ferrari Fable

Question. Is there any way I can watch old races? In full. Talking about starting in the 90’s. Does anywhere have them? 

A subscription to F1TV’s general Access tier (about £3 a month) will gain you access to an archive of all races since 1981, although only selected ones are full and most of the older ones pre-2000 are usually highlights packages between 40-minutes and 15-minutes long. As an example of this, out of 17 races in 1997, 6 have full race options.

Looks to me like all races from 2007 onwards are available in full, and recent seasons also have qualifying and practice available to watch in full too.

Highly recommended giving it a go - I’ve always felt that it is good value for the amount it costs.

2 hours ago, T Pot said:

No, I've always thought it should be the case. It rewards the drivers that keep their noses clean. And yes I know there are some that get caught up in things, but that just racing. It happens. 

I think I come down on the side of - not allowing repairs under a red will encourage teams to take unneccesary risks to maximise track position. If something looks like it's damaged, but will *probably* hold for the remaining distance, I can;t see any team swapping out the borderline part if it means getting sent to the back.

The current approach possibly isn't the fairest, but it's probably the safest.

16 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

A subscription to F1TV’s general Access tier (about £3 a month) will gain you access to an archive of all races since 1981, although only selected ones are full and most of the older ones pre-2000 are usually highlights packages between 40-minutes and 15-minutes long. As an example of this, out of 17 races in 1997, 6 have full race options.

Looks to me like all races from 2007 onwards are available in full, and recent seasons also have qualifying and practice available to watch in full too.

Highly recommended giving it a go - I’ve always felt that it is good value for the amount it costs.

Absolutely! Thank you. Looking forward to filling the summer break. 

33 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

A subscription to F1TV’s general Access tier (about £3 a month) 

Any time I've tried to subscribe it has said it wasn't available in my country (UK). What am I doing wrong? 

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

Any time I've tried to subscribe it has said it wasn't available in my country (UK). What am I doing wrong? 

UK residents aren’t allowed to subscribe to the Pro tier (more expensive, live streaming current-season races, onboard cameras, other nice stuff) because of Sky’s exclusivity deal. 

You should be able to subscribe to the Access tier, which is cheaper and allows you to have live timing in-race, highlights and extra programming around the current-season races, and archives of previous seasons. But no live 2021 races.

7 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

UK residents aren’t allowed to subscribe to the Pro tier (more expensive, live streaming current-season races, onboard cameras, other nice stuff) because of Sky’s exclusivity deal. 

You should be able to subscribe to the Access tier, which is cheaper and allows you to have live timing in-race, highlights and extra programming around the current-season races, and archives of previous seasons. But no live 2021 races.

Thank you. If it gives me the Jolyon Palmer stuff that doesn't make it to You Tube, I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thank you. If it gives me the Jolyon Palmer stuff that doesn't make it to You Tube, I'll be happy.

Yes, it includes the full version of JP Analysis rather than the truncated version that goes on YouTube.

As it happens, you can also listen to him live during the races via the timing screen app. It’s the BBC Radio 5 feed, but it stays with the race the whole time rather than chopping away for updates about whatever else they do on the radio.

Admittedly this is also available for free on the BBC website so by itself it’s not a selling point. 

I’ve taken to watching Sky pictures with BBC audio. Hard to get it quite in sync, though - the audio tends to be at least a few seconds ahead. Between now and Spa I’m going to figure out some way of adding a delay… 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

It's not available in the UK. SKY have exclusive broadcast rights. Don't expect it here until about 2025. 

Ferucci had the backup plan of rich parents, the MAGA crowd and everyone in IndyCar not mentioning why he couldn’t get a drive in Europe anymore when he was an irredeemable arsehole. I’m not sure what Ticktums next move is.

On 02/08/2021 at 13:34, ryodi said:

You also open the possibility of sister teams helping their main team, RB used AT to stop Hamilton getting fastest lap yesterday

Are we assuming the midfield teams don’t want to score points nowadays then? AT, and other team in the grid were taking that opportunity all day long given the gaps to the car behind, regardless of who their sister team is.

Repair bills etc, it’s almost impossible to mandate in any serious way, as is much of the cost cap stuff, but I can see the point RB and Ferrari are making as both potentially head towards a fine at someone else’s fault. Simply part of the cost for being in the sport I guess, but similarly, presumably  the fines and repair costs will negatively effect the running of the lower funded teams, potentially looking to field a dangerous / broken car which really shouldn’t be encouraged. Money vs safety..