Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

1 minute ago, Erik said:

Hamilton has space for more than 1 car on the inside, but is unable to use that space. He understeers into Max, who is even trying to give more space mid corner. Hamilton's fault.

Lewis didn’t understeer into Max. Max turned in and hit Lewis. Max clearly didn’t expect Lewis to be there. 

Max gave Lewis 2 car widths and as Hill says, Max has to turn in to make the corner but I don't think at those speeds and with full fuel tanks that it's fair to put too much blame on Lewis. Both of them fighting very hard and Max got unlucky. Drive through penalty and we'll say no more about it.

1 minute ago, Bushtopher said:

Lewis didn’t understeer into Max. Max turned in and hit Lewis. Max clearly didn’t expect Lewis to be there. 

He may not have understeered, but he didn’t make the apex. 

Just now, Blue said:

Max gave Lewis 2 car widths and as Hill says, Max has to turn in to make the corner but I don't think at those speeds and with full fuel tanks that it's fair to put too much blame on Lewis. Both of them fighting very hard and Max got unlucky. Drive through penalty and we'll say no more about it.

Racing incident and we’ll say no more about it.

Just now, kiroquai said:

One interesting note is that with budget caps and the like, this might impact Max moving forwards. Doubt there will be much salvageable from the rear end of that car.

I read that by retiring Perez, RBR got a budget cap increase, wonder if that’s the same for this. 

1 minute ago, Bushtopher said:

Hamilton had been given space on the inside, he has to use it or give up... or understeer into the car he is trying to overtake.

Rare mistake by Hamilton and I dont know if its worthy a penalty(there have even been DSQs for similar incidents some decades ago) but Hamilton is at fault here, sorry.

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Hamilton has space for more than 1 car on the inside, but is unable to use that space. He understeers into Max, who is even trying to give more space mid corner. Hamilton's fault.

Yep, you can see it on the onboard. Hamilton had the wrong line, was too fast and the only way round the corner at that point was a racing game public lobby first corner special and it worked out well for him. 

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

Hamilton had been given space on the inside, he has to use it or give up... or understeer into the car he is trying to overtake.

Rare mistake by Hamilton and I dont know if its worthy a penalty(there have even been DSQs for similar incidents some decades ago) but Hamilton is at fault here, sorry.

I think that's correct.

Just now, mexos said:

If they do penalise Lewis and he ends up behind Bottas I’m pretty sure Merc will force him to yield.

Well we’ll need something to entertain us now the only competition is out. 

2 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

One interesting note is that with budget caps and the like, this might impact Max moving forwards. Doubt there will be much salvageable from the rear end of that car.

Toto brought this up earlier in the season, after Russell and Bottas' coming together,