IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett - December 2021, Disney +

Captain Kelsten

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Hide contents

He’s still an infant, he’s had some training, but not enough yet.

The more recent SW stuff has set a precedent though 

Spoiler

that jedi who were cut off from their training or even the force entirely can still be pretty powerful once they've caught up, if not compared to a 'full' jedi then certainly compared to most threats. Thinking Cal from First Order, Kanan Jarrus from Rebs, presumably any other padawns that survived 66. Even Luke himself had a pretty condensed training when he was way too old etc...

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Hide contents

He’s still an infant, he’s had some training, but not enough yet.

An infant, but 

Spoiler

Didn't they say in The Mandalorian that he was 50 years old? That would be quite a bit of remembering time.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

An infant, but 

Hide contents

Didn't they say in The Mandalorian that he was 50 years old? That would be quite a bit of remembering time.

I'm sure I heard that too

37 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:
  Hide contents

Is it too early for baby Ben Solo to be around? With Adam Driver's face deepfaked onto him, obviously.

Spoiler

Kylo Ren is meant to be around 30 at the time of Force Awakens (with approx 30 years between Episode 6 and Ep 7) so very feasible that a 5 year old Ben Solo could appear in this, or related, series in this time frame. At what point his training began with Luke is unknown, perhaps he was the second trainee to start after Grogu?

Just caught up on this weeks - so this has sort of turned into a Clone Wars extension, but with live action instead of animation? And I'm really okay with that.

Sure, it's all over the place and isn't the series we thought we were getting (or should have been getting - my inner nerd will probably never stop sulking about that) but it's still delivering some really cool stuff.

I never really though we'd see this week's guest character in live action form, but there he was as a snarling, not to be messed with bad-ass.

I mean, in a way it's a very truthful spin off to the Boba Fett from the Cinema (a bumbling, fool of a background character) rather than to the Boba Fett that collectively arose in our heads. And to be honest thats probably the right choice. 

5 and 6 was some special shit. After being down on my man in the sequels, it sure feels good to see him in his element and in a setting true to 11 year old me's mind's eye. Off being all zen in a beautiful and serene place.

There's not much media these days that gets me in the feels, but this shit hits me good. Much joy.

Just got round to watching up to episode 5 - The Return of The Budget.  Why didn't episode one of The Mandalorian just start with him escaping the sarlaac pit and have bloody done with it? That or just have the ambiguity of is it/isn't it him playing out. Just feels like a misstep meandering around with bald uncle Jake the Muss going slightly soft, waffling bollocks, petting some monsters and having a dance at Burning Man.

On 04/02/2022 at 11:35, Girth Certificate said:

I like how Ashoka's head dealies have little nicks and scars on them, like a dolphin's skin. 

I kinda hate the Jedi though. They are such fannies, talking in pish riddles and following an obviously stupid philosophy. Terrible, terrible babyfaces.

The little flashback of them this week just made me think of all the dodgy cosplay since The Phantom Menace. 

My kids decided to rewatch Mandalorian from the beginning, as they're not really remembering the significant bits for Book of Fett to make sense. All the flashbacks spliced into present day doesn't make it any easier to keep the timeline straight in your head. What struck me is I'd forgotten what a unique setting Mandalorian was. Just one guy doing his thing, on his own, without cosmic significance. It was such a great concept, which made me consider why they stopped it given how Book of Fett is panning out. So is Fett the "household name" needed to kick off the big MCU-ish thing, tying all new stuff together (Ashoka's series, presumably other stuff), and Mandalorian was just income for a couple of years to get us buying into Disney+? Not that I mind necessarily, it just occurs to me it needn't have panned out this way. Cynically, I suppose it does mean they have more "things" on the service.

4 minutes ago, TehStu said:

My kids decided to rewatch Mandalorian from the beginning, as they're not really remembering the significant bits for Book of Fett to make sense. All the flashbacks spliced into present day doesn't make it any easier to keep the timeline straight in your head. What struck me is I'd forgotten what a unique setting Mandalorian was. Just one guy doing his thing, on his own, without cosmic significance. It was such a great concept, which made me consider why they stopped it given how Book of Fett is panning out. So is Fett the "household name" needed to kick off the big MCU-ish thing, tying all new stuff together (Ashoka's series, presumably other stuff), and Mandalorian was just income for a couple of years to get us buying into Disney+? Not that I mind necessarily, it just occurs to me it needn't have panned out this way. Cynically, I suppose it does mean they have more "things" on the service.

I don’t think they’ve stopped it. I’m sure there’s a new series coming.

On 07/02/2022 at 10:29, Steven said:

Just got round to watching up to episode 5 - The Return of The Budget.  Why didn't episode one of The Mandalorian just start with him escaping the sarlaac pit and have bloody done with it? That or just have the ambiguity of is it/isn't it him playing out. Just feels like a misstep meandering around with bald uncle Jake the Muss going slightly soft, waffling bollocks, petting some monsters and having a dance at Burning Man.

Your soul is dead.

14 hours ago, TehStu said:

I regret not getting caught up on Clone Wars.

It's never too late! It's essential viewing for the Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett, and damn good in its own right.

And I'd recommend watching all of it, don't use one of those "essential episodes" guides. It improves as it goes on but there's plenty of good stuff even in the early seasons.

Do watch it in chronological order though, look it's on the official site and everything: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

2 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Your soul is dead.

The last two episodes have been great  - I just don't see why we needed the shit that went before it - it could have all been woven into The Mandalorian without much trouble. The minute it returned to the scene with the mods, I just thought, Oh, yeah - those again.

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

Why is the order so weird?

I think the original plan for The Clone Wars was as a kind of anthology show - a bunch of disconnected stories taken from random points in the war. As they started to bring back recurring characters though it became clear that there was going to be a chronology to the whole thing after all so they started going back and filling in the gaps - doing prequel and sequel episodes for earlier stories, for instance. So the first three seasons do jump around a lot, and can be very confusing if you just watch them in broadcast order. After season 4 it settles down into a straightforward chronology.

I watched the whole thing through in the chronological order I posted above, it all made perfect sense and it's honestly the best way to watch. I'm surprised Disney+ haven't yet offered that as an option, to be honest.

NOT LONG NOW.

Spoiler

What could this end game bring?

Grogu to die?!

Will Darth Maul keep coming back?!

Ghost Yoda?!

A series about the mods driving around slowly?!

Han/Leia/someone else brought back anyway?!

Obi-Wan teaser with final flashback from Boba?!

I AM THROWING THINGS AT THE WALL I COULD WORK FOR DISNEY.

ARRRGHHHHHH.

He's obviously going to get a go on Chekhov's rancor isn't he. Just a whole episode of him plodding into town to see the mayor and getting cockblocked again and plodding all the way back.

12 minutes ago, Exidor said:

He's obviously going to get a go on Chekhov's rancor isn't he. Just a whole episode of him plodding into town to see the mayor and getting cockblocked again and plodding all the way back.

Well....spoilers....

Spoiler

That was very King Kong!

Also Cad saying what the audience was thinking. "You've gone soft..."

4 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Really enjoyed that finale, some really cool set pieces and moments. The mods are still utter crap characters though, they look so out of place. 

You wash your mouth out! I kind of love them as they seem to be a call back to Star Wars:Droids.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-wars-droids-animated-series/

star-wars-droids-animated-cartoon-story-

That was just fucking brilliant. Not saying much more to avoid even a hint of a spoiler but as was clear with The Mandalorian, if this is what Favreau and Filoni can produce when they are working are relatively small scall then I cant imagine what they could produce with movies. I know they pretty much have the keys to the kingdom at the moment so its more a question of when rather than if... but I want it to be now!

Ok, some small spoiler points :)

Spoiler

Loving the post-credits with Cobb. Was hoping he would show up in the final battle but that was a great little signpost to him continuing as he is such a great character. Not entirely sure if they have actually killed off Cad given his life indicator was still beeping but hope that isn't the last we see of him. Utterly menacing character and there is so much they can still do with him. And of course everything Grogu.

Yeah that was top stuff.

Spoiler

Some superb set pieces - delighted to see the Rancor return, and I really liked the way lots of things were wrapped up - Boba's Tusken training for example.

Really hope it's not the last we see of Cad Bane though, and I want more Krrsantan.  He's ace.

I've really enjoyed the series and hope we don't have to wait too long for Obi-Wan as I've loved a weekly Star Wars fix.