Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

12 minutes ago, partious said:

This is the greatest gaming mystery of all time for me at this stage.

I have no idea how I've gone 25 hours in the base PS4 version without a single crash or anything approaching a game breaking/ruining bug. I haven't noticed any of the ps1 esque 3d models that the memes claim are from ps4. I've found the framerate to be a stable 30 in all the missions and the drops under 30 while driving around the city between missions tolerable.

Yet here we are with the outrage seemingly escalating daily, the game being proclaimed the most broken and buggy release ever and now sony having removed it from sale.

I'm not claiming that other people haven't experienced all these issues, but it just feels completely bizarre to me how out of sync with my experience of the game on base PS4 all of this is. If I hadn't read all of of this meltdown and someone asked me if I thought the game was significantly buggier or worse performing than any other late gen multiplatform open world game I would have said no...

You are the inverse of me when Witcher 3 launched. I was fucking seething with rage at how broken Witcher 3 was at launch for PS4. I'd booked the week off work for it, and lost two to three days' play because the game just would not continue - I had to start over. But for everyone else it was just the odd little performance hiccup and that battle at Crookback Bog turning into a slideshow. So most people were like "lol, it's mostly fine mate, get over yourself". 

And now, here we are. :lol:

12 hours ago, 5R7 said:

all the talk about sony pulling it as they've been forced to refund, as cdpr admit the game is in a bit of bad shape, just makes sonys customer service look like the crap it is...

sony still allow crap like Lichdom Battlemage! on sale https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1877-CUSA04741_00-LICHDOMBTMGMMGUK

that , is far far worse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

To be fair nobody had high expectations on that game, most don't give a shit about it. The Playstation store is full of games like this, its just they never get the attention because they are generally avoided.

By comparison Cyberpunk was a hugely anticipated game, years in the making, delayed a number of times, hugely intriguing setting etc. It obviously wasn't ready but rather than delay further (and lose out on that moolah) its been pushed out with all of its bugs and glitches for everyone to see and its rightly getting a mauling because of it. The number of complaints this must have generated at Sony HQ has obviously had an impact.

Could you imagine the reaction had Halo Infinite dropped in the state it was in at that July demo. 

This is one of those Watergate style moments that you hope the industry learns from, but it won't.

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

all the talk about sony pulling it as they've been forced to refund, as cdpr admit the game is in a bit of bad shape, just makes sonys customer service look like the crap it is...

sony still allow crap like Lichdom Battlemage! on sale https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1877-CUSA04741_00-LICHDOMBTMGMMGUK

why, as they have not been forced to refund it, sony don't care about the customer experience. cdpr have admitted the fuck up, and offered a refund, that the acceptable thing to do, sony attitude, is to be shit...which isnt really surprising, dont we have a whole thread on sonys refund issue? 

That game got patched and runs well at 30fps. Still, it was in a much worse state than cyberpunk was at launch.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Bang on Mike. 'Gamer' culture is so fucking weird sometimes try applying this situation to any other industry and you can see how ludicrous it is.

"This tin of actual dogshit tastes great to me so I don't know why you're all piling on Heinz."

There'll always be some bootlicking bell whiff. 

1 hour ago, partious said:

I have no idea how I've gone 25 hours in the base PS4 version without a single crash or anything approaching a game breaking/ruining bug. I haven't noticed any of the ps1 esque 3d models that the memes claim are from ps4. I've found the framerate to be a stable 30 in all the missions and the drops under 30 while driving around the city between missions tolerable.

Yet here we are with the outrage seemingly escalating daily, the game being proclaimed the most broken and buggy release ever and now sony having removed it from sale.

I'm not claiming that other people haven't experienced all these issues, but it just feels completely bizarre to me how out of sync with my experience of the game on base PS4 all of this is. If I hadn't read all of of this meltdown and someone asked me if I thought the game was significantly buggier or worse performing than any other late gen multiplatform open world game I would have said no...

partious confirmed as Dekay alt.

11 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

CP2077 will never be the most broken game when we live in a world where Myth II: Soulblighter would wipe your entire hard drive, windows install and all, if you tried to uninstall it.

Only if you were foolish enough to install directly to root, to be fair, but yes, it wiped the contents of whatever folder it was put in, which was hilarious.

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

why, as they have not been forced to refund it, sony don't care about the customer experience. cdpr have admitted the fuck up, and offered a refund, that the acceptable thing to do, sony attitude, is to be shit...which isnt really surprising, dont we have a whole thread on sonys refund issue? 

Lichdom was shocking at launch but was fixed a couple of months later. 

Just now, Festoon said:

Incidentally I'm 14 hours into Cyberpunk, no crashes, on PC. Laptop with an RTX 2080. The odd visual glitch but nothing gamebreaking. Maybe I'm lucky.

nah, on pc it seems pretty fine

I would have to assume it’s CDPR’s press release saying people could get refunds without Sony agreeing to it that prompted the  nuclear option. Fallout ‘76 released in a far worse state and they didn’t give out refunds for that.

Either way, I’ve clocked up 45 hours or so on PS5 and don’t intend to get a refund. I haven’t encountered anything actually game breaking but just dealing with a crash every 3 hours or so (which sometimes resets all the custom settings I’ve made). All in all, I’ve mostly loved it, just a shame some of the bugs break the immersion at times.

2 hours ago, partious said:

Do you also have the mythical silent PS4?

You kind of have to hope that this will be somewhat of a salutary lesson to everyone in the industry to just slow things down a little, lessen the money grabbing a little bit and clearly show that crunching really doesn’t work very effectively.

But I’m not that naive.

2 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

CP2077 will never be the most broken game when we live in a world where Myth II: Soulblighter would wipe your entire hard drive, windows install and all, if you tried to uninstall it.

Bungie are a great developer and the game was so good I didn't even want to install it. Maybe you should have been playing on an Apple Mac like Bungie wanted you do rather than the afterthought PC platform.

I don't know why people had an issue with this anyway, just keep backups and reinstall if you need to, game is great lol, I'm on my second playthrough.

/Casts journeymanHeal.

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

The biggest game of the year being delisted? Not business as usual at all.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

This is being reported on national radio. Of course it's massive.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

This is a truly bizarre post.

I'm saying we've seen it all before, and it never seems to make any difference. I guess I wasn't considering just how big the business has become, so what was news to just us gamers is now bigger news because everyone's a gamer.

7 minutes ago, smac said:

I'm saying we've seen it all before, and it never seems to make any difference. I guess I wasn't considering just how big the business has become, so what was news to just us gamers is now bigger news because everyone's a gamer.

The only thing I can mark as being close to this is Assassin’s Creed Unity and all that happened then is Ubisoft said ‘sry here’s free DLC’. This release is way worse than that and is getting the appropriate level of derision and backlash I’d say, whether the market has grown that much between time or not.

There’s no option on my game to process a refund on the Xbox website :( I’ve tried calling Xbox and it just refers me back to a virtual assistant who tells me I can’t speak to anybody about this. I suspect it’s because I pre-ordered back in October. Doesn’t anybody else have any ideas how to actually speak to somebody about this?

BestBuy in America altering their refund policy on software just for CyberPunk.

Obviously, Cyberpunk 2077 had a ton of anticipation coming into its release, and while I’ve not played it myself, it would appear that perhaps for some, it hasn’t lived up completely to that anticipation.  While many are enjoying the game, and it appears that there is a patch coming on 12/21/2020 that should hopefully help improve the game even further, we can certainly understand why some might be wanting to return the game, even after it is opened and played.

Normally, Best Buy is unable to offer returns of opened game software per our Return & Exchange Promise here.  However, after some deliberation, and seeing that the vendor will be allowing returns through 12/21/2020, Best Buy will also be allowing returns for select opened Cyberpunk 2077 SKU’s through December 21, 2020.  Beyond that date, we will return to our normal Return & Exchange Promise for the game.  Here are the game SKU’s that will be returnable: 

6255151 - Cyberpunk 2077 PS4

6255136 - Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One

6352276 - Cyberpunk 2077 Collector’s Edition PS4

6352440 - Cyberpunk 2077 Collector’s Edition Xbox One

6414180 - Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One Digital

You can bring your game to your local Best Buy store, or if you had your purchase shipped to your home, can return it via mail.  If you need assistance obtaining a return label, please contact us at (888) 237-8289.  Please also keep in mind that if you received the steelbook offer with the game, that will need to be returned as well, or the value of the steelbook will be deducted from your refund.

Thanks for being Best Buy customers!