Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

Purin

Just now, SharkyOB said:

So you think sex only sells to men?

I mentioned earlier the difference between aspirational advertising for things such as perfumes (although I’m struggling to think of a contemporary example RN which is a blatant as the cyberpunk ad) and using T&A to target an audience of thirsty boys. Won’t speak too much for women on this but they are falling into the same excuse they used about their transphobia rumble, that blah, gross adverts are a commentary on a dystopian future run by mega corporations appealing to your basest instincts.

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Nah, I think given that the opening hours of the game seem less likely to encounter serious bugs, they probably polished the first 8 hours or so enough so that they would pass cert. 

Cert is mainly things like checking system messaging, saving/loading standards, OS disk usage etc. The functional bit is secondary. 

If you get a 'this application needs to close' type message in those opening hours, you fail.  But ultimately cert is never going to play through an entire 50 hour game. 

This is true but there was definitely some leeway on Sony's part, tons of people including myself experienced multiple crashes in the first few hours, let alone 8 hours. Same story for PC users as well, I've seen the clips.

4 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

This is true but there was definitely some leeway on Sony's part, tons of people including myself experienced multiple crashes in the first few hours, let alone 8 hours. Same story for PC users as well, I've seen the clips.

They don't play like a normal user though. They're stopping and starting the game to check progress is saving correctly, pulling out network cables, putting the console into rest mode and resuming. They won't be playing in a "normal" extended play session which is when the, presumably OOM, crashes will kick in. That kind of thing is the standard QA that CDPR should be running and fixing. There's no way they weren't fully aware of the state of the game when it came to crashes, management just chose to push it out and aim to fix afterwards.

Does anyone know what the maximum wallet limit is in the Playstation Store?

I have requested a refund but already have £125 in their

Guessing as its Sony they will just add it to the wallet as that's where I originally bought it with

If not I will have to buy something to make sure I have room for the £50 to be put back

7 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Guessing as its Sony they will just add it to the wallet as that's where I originally bought it with

If not I will have to buy something to make sure I have room for the £50 to be put back

I thought it was 150 but it definitely lower. It would let me add an £80 card till I had the total somewhere around 125

probably time for us all to

buy sack boy.

6 minutes ago, MikeF said:

£150 I think..... I didn't know there was a limit l when banging in some credit for the PS5 which is how I ended up with the BLOPS. 

all the talk about sony pulling it as they've been forced to refund, as cdpr admit the game is in a bit of bad shape, just makes sonys customer service look like the crap it is...

sony still allow crap like Lichdom Battlemage! on sale https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1877-CUSA04741_00-LICHDOMBTMGMMGUK

that , is far far worse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

why, as they have not been forced to refund it, sony don't care about the customer experience. cdpr have admitted the fuck up, and offered a refund, that the acceptable thing to do, sony attitude, is to be shit...which isnt really surprising, dont we have a whole thread on sonys refund issue? 

8 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

all the talk about sony pulling it as they've been forced to refund, as cdpr admit the game is in a bit of bad shape, just makes sonys customer service look like the crap it is...

sony still allow crap like Lichdom Battlemage! on sale https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1877-CUSA04741_00-LICHDOMBTMGMMGUK

that , is far far worse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

why, as they have not been forced to refund it, sony don't care about the customer experience. cdpr have admitted the fuck up, and offered a refund, that the acceptable thing to do, sony attitude, is to be shit...which isnt really surprising, dont we have a whole thread on sonys refund issue? 

You mean like this one?

Just now, Simmy said:

This is a real messy situation.

Again I cannot think of any release of this magnitude in recent memory ending up like this.

The backlash is actually crazy! Last week seems so long ago...

batman arkham knight on pc got pulled too...its pretty great now tho!

Bang on Mike. 'Gamer' culture is so fucking weird sometimes try applying this situation to any other industry and you can see how ludicrous it is.

Let's say, oh I dunno, Heinz, released a new range of beans. Then it quickly became apparent that something's not right and they taste like awful due to missing ingredients/poor cooking, or whatever. Heinz issue a formal statement saying sorry about our terrible tasting beans, we're working on the recipe but take them back to the supermarket for a refund if you like. Do you think customers in that scenario would be getting mad at Asda for withdrawing them from the shelves for the time being.

8 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Bang on Mike. 'Gamer' culture is so fucking weird sometimes try applying this situation to any other industry and you can see how ludicrous it is.

Let's say, oh I dunno, Heinz, released a new range of beans. Then it quickly became apparent that something's not right and they taste like awful due to missing ingredients/poor cooking, or whatever. Heinz issue a formal statement saying sorry about our terrible tasting beans, we're working on the recipe but take them back to the supermarket for a refund if you like. Do you think customers in that scenario would be getting mad at Asda for withdrawing them from the shelves for the time being.

:lol:

"I hadn't read about Heinz' new recipe so bought a tin on a whim and it seems to taste fine?

I mean I know it was their "extra tasty" variant that was reviewed but surely the average punter knows by now that if you buy the basic beans that it's not going to be as good as the extra tasty tin... Right?!"

You can't buy codes for specific PS games on CDKeys, only credit. You can for Xbox games I think, but they haven't delisted it like Sony (like I said my guess is the marketing contract they have for the game is causing them a headache right now) and AFAIK the go get a refund stuff from CDPR only applied to the console version?

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

I'll do it if it's triggered publicly.

I feel like a nob kicking up a stink but if it's offered I'm taking it.

It's all painless and automated. If you Google "refunding an xbox game" it should take you to a form which you can fill in seconds, assuming you bought it digitally.