Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

Purin

8 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a game as broken as cyberpunk. I didn’t buy it because I’m super good at judging what I’ll enjoy and I also knew this thing was going to be a complete mess. Just look at the timeline of their production.

I don’t think Sony should offer refunds Willy nilly either. If a game hard crashes consistently then yes you should get a refund like in cyberpunks Case and it’s up to Sony to gate content on their store and enforce standards.

If you want a refund because you got 3 levels into wolfenstein 2 and decided you didn’t want to play it any more then that’s your fault.

That's not how digital stores work. Steam etc. go off play time. Sony's refund policy is broken in general. And how do you expect them to go about testing every single users report that the game is crashing, let alone find the time to go through them for something dodgy.

49 minutes ago, Harsin said:

How are physical retailers handling it? Can't imagine they'd have a leg to stand on if someone wanted to return the game clutching a copy of the CDPR statement. I've lost track of Covid restrictions across the country, are game stores even open right now?

Smyths refunded my opened Xbox copy no questions asked. The guy said they’d had an email about it.

This is unprecedented. Can't remember a launch being so bad for any game over recent years. Not to the point of people getting issued with refunds anyway. Glad I have held off. What I do feel for is all those copies currently wrapped up for Santa..... I expect they'll be a few disappointed people at some point.

What is annoying is CDPR's kind of arrogant stance on this "for everyone not willing to wait for updates" from the statement a few posts back implying that people should wait rather than get a refund and calling people impatient. For what? Wanting a game to play as expected when bought? It's OK I'm willing to wait CDPR. Until you put something out that is worth my money. Jeez. This should never have been released in the state it is in. Period. 

Also a bit of a failure on the MS and Sony review team to let this out. Hopefully it will mean that things are tested a bit better before release onto the stores going forward. 

It must suck to be a console owner right now considering just how good it is on the PC, it just reminds me of the whole Arkham Knight debacle on PC, it was fine on consoles but was just an absolute unplayable mess on PC. I don't really understand why they didn't just release it on PC and then delayed it on console again, after the whole mess with Bioware being brought low because they rushed out Andromeda and Anthem you'd think companies would have learned their lesson.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I would never have touched a game like that on the base consoles of last gen. 

I think it is a fools errand to try to keep games being playable on every version of a console, however long ago they were released. 

Why on earth did they just not decide to make it a PC/PS5/Series exclusive?

8 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Why on earth did they just not decide to make it a PC/PS5/Series exclusive?

Indeed. Its should have just been PC only. Next gen consoles to follow. It would have been a great show piece for the new consoles too. 

Problem is that those NG console versions won't be appearing for  good while now I expect because of the work they will be doing on the old base console versions. 

Money rules though and I expect it was a money grab given the number of base consoles out in the wild. If they had not have released on the base consoles it might have given people more incentive to upgrade to the newer consoles too... nothing like a game that is too complex to make for old consoles to get people to shift onto a new platform. Look at the amount of people that upgraded their PC's mainly to play this game. 

1 hour ago, Bojangle said:

I'd imagine a lot of the weird bugs and issues are race conditions which are just way more likely on slower hardware.

Yeah, seems clear when you play it.

40 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I still can’t get my head around just how huge this is. 
Astonishing news.

Really? After playing home computer/console games for 40 years, this kind of stuff has always been a feature. There're always ambitious teams racing to push tech, then getting caught in the generational mill.

Seems like business as usual. 

2 minutes ago, smac said:

Really? After playing home computer/console games for 40 years, this kind of stuff has always been a feature. There're always ambitious teams racing to push tech, then getting caught in the generational mill.

The biggest game of the year being delisted? Not business as usual at all.

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Yeah that was immature as hell too. Ohh look a giant crab about to suck his cock off.

From things like Marvel movies to female leads in games, society has moved on from using sexy asses to sell you on those products.

Such a load of bollocks.  Sex sells, whether you like it or not.

If this is offered as refundable via Xbox I'm going to do it.

It runs more or less fine but don't see why I should be paying full price and wait for patches to roll in eventually when I can grab a refund and buy the finished game down the line for presumably cheaper.

I shouldn't be paying full price to wait, based on the statement.

5 minutes ago, smac said:

This is being reported on national radio. Of course it's massive.

9 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Indeed. I think this whole thing might shake up the industry a bit to be honest. Although the development times may get longer the amount of post release patching may go down significantly. I mean this is effectively in beta state from what I've read. Some beta releases of games are more stable and bug free. Why should you pay £40-50 for a beta?

Its great that the technology today allows games to be patched and bugs fixed but when they are effectively pushing out almost complete games again post launch then it gets a bit silly IMHO. I mean 50GB patches? And the multiple GB patches going forward. Good job most people aren't on a capped internet package.....

I think regardless of the brokenness, if people playing on consoles had the ability to get a refund for this game just if they felt like it, it would be massively returned anyway.

I’ve only played it a bit, but it just reeks of the stench of a PC game on a console. That is to say the combat feel is terrible in comparison to say an ancient game like Far Cry 3, its button set up on a pad is way too busy and counterintuitive, and it’s chock full of stuff you can’t be arsed to read. 

Of course, compounding this is the fact if you follow games casually you would be forgiven for thinking this is GTA Futuristic, when compared to the seemingly living, breathing, reactive worlds Rockstar have managed to create since GTA went 3D this is just Wooden Lifeless Land.

I actually quite like a lot of what it does, but it’s going to disappoint a lot of people.

23 minutes ago, Simmy said:

If this is offered as refundable via Xbox I'm going to do it.

It runs more or less fine but don't see why I should be paying full price and wait for patches to roll in eventually when I can grab a refund and buy the finished game down the line for presumably cheaper.

Xbox lets you refund anything pretty much anyway. There might be a play time restriction, I dunno. 

12 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I think regardless of the brokenness, if people playing on consoles had the ability to get a refund for this game just if they felt like it, it would be massively returned anyway.

I’ve only played it a bit, but it just reeks of the stench of a PC game on a console. That is to say the combat feel is terrible in comparison to say an ancient game like Far Cry 3, its button set up on a pad is way too busy and counterintuitive, and it’s chock full of stuff you can’t be arsed to read. 

Of course, compounding this is the fact if you follow games casually you would be forgiven for thinking this is GTA Futuristic, when compared to the living, breathing, reactive worlds Rockstar have managed to create since GTA went 3D this is just Wooden Lifeless Land.

I actually quite like a lot of what it does, but it’s going to disappoint a lot of people.

Total agreement.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying it but after the publisher publicly apologising and saying that actually what I'm playing isn't finished I'm kinda just wanting a refund out of principle.

€70 is a lot of money after all.

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

Xbox lets you refund anything pretty much anyway. There might be a play time restriction, I dunno. 

I'll do it if it's triggered publicly.

I feel like a nob kicking up a stink but if it's offered I'm taking it.

27 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Such a load of bollocks.  Sex sells, whether you like it or not.

I’m sorry but women will never get treated like men if that’s the attitude we want to forever take. And a sexy girl with her ass hanging out is not selling a computer game to me personally. It’s misogynistic. We’ve moved on from the big titted metal bra Amazons from the old US Gold adverts, why can’t CD Project?

Just now, mikeyl said:

I’m sorry but women will never get treated like men if that’s the attitude we want to forever take. And a sexy girl with her ass hanging out is not selling a computer game to me personally. It’s misogynistic. We’ve moved on from the big titted metal bra Amazons from the old US Gold adverts, why can’t CD Project?

So you think sex only sells to men?