Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

4 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

It’s been looking increasingly likely for a while now that this post from months ago was bang on the money:

Some of those Twitter replies are so incredibly stupid... 

Anyway, crunching since May 2019?! This is insane.

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Why would anyone work 16hours a day anywhere? Sounds like a load of bollocks, no one would do that. 

It's pretty typical in a lot of the game industry. The why is another question. Companies know they can get their staff to do it for a number of reasons. 

There's no game development union which is definitely a big part of it. 

On 19/12/2020 at 22:32, El Spatula said:

Yes but you're also a massive contrarian who would literally argue against anything to get a rise.

You say that, but when I was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar, I did often think to myself, ‘Why don't I star in music videos instead?’. I mean they're the same sort of job, just in a different industry.

Or during my runs as a personal trainer, when I'd ask myself ‘Why don't I play a Rocky sort of figure in a big film?’. Because after all, it's really the same sort of job, only in a different industry.

When I was flying a kite in the park...

‘If I'm able to compensate deftly for wind direction, why don't I fly jets instead so I've lots of free time for volleyball?’. I know it's a different industry, but it's not like I don't have experience of taking my top off and oiling up.

Ive tried, I really have, but I opted for a refund today. Every time I play I end up with a hard crash. It’s happened 15 times in the last few days and I just can’t carry on and more importantly shouldn’t be expected to.

When it works it is absolutely glorious and a monumental achievement on so many levels buts it’s just not ready. So disappointing.

On 19/12/2020 at 19:11, El Spatula said:

I'm still adamant its no worse than Skyrim, Oblivion, or New Vegas at launch...

I get this view, but always find it a bit strange - these games are all independent of each other and there isn't some sort of scale that defines buggy games. Each time a developer does this they are just running the gauntlet with the people who decide to buy the game, if you're the developer that get's battered by your own players then it's  your own fault (or the publisher's maybe) and the existence of other buggy games is completely irrelevant.

Not a criticism of you either, I think it's a useful comment for players who might have played those other games so helps them decide if the level of bugs are acceptable or not (which seems like a ridiculous thing to have to do, but does seem the norm), it's just an overall sentiment that pops up a lot that comes across as blaming players for their experiences.

I'm actually looking forward to playing it, although i'll wait for some more patches/DLC first I think.

Yes, if anything there's actually plenty of buggy games we can point to this year, just due to disruption from the global pandemic, just look how fucked up all the annual sports franchises came out (if they didn't get outright cancelled). We don't really need to call on older examples.

2 hours ago, alex3d said:

Apparently Michael Kicinski (brother of board member) sold his 200 million CDPR shares on 4 Dec 2020 (three days before review embargo ran out). Could become an interesting story...

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/CD-PROJEKT-S-A-9933587/news/CD-Projekt-S-A-Current-report-no-63-2020-31969513/

Where does it say the brother sold 200m shares? And how could his brother have that many if Michael only had 10m? And if you look at the 4 December report that is mentioned, it doesn't talk about it at all (and actually says there are only 100m shares in total anyway)? It mentions an increase in share capital though.

What am I missing?

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Where does it say the brother sold 200m shares? And how could his brother have that many if Michael only had 10m? And if you look at the 4 December report that is mentioned, it doesn't talk about it at all (and actually says there are only 100m shares in total anyway)? It mentions an increase in share capital though.

What am I missing?

Wrong link, sorry.

Scroll down a bit, OP gives details. Apparently also visible on the Polish stock exchange website.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ki3exj/why_no_one_is_talking_about_this_kiciński_michał/