IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

Purin

1 hour ago, Lying Cat said:

Bungie are a great developer and the game was so good I didn't even want to install it. Maybe you should have been playing on an Apple Mac like Bungie wanted you do rather than the afterthought PC platform.

I don't know why people had an issue with this anyway, just keep backups and reinstall if you need to, game is great lol, I'm on my second playthrough.

/Casts journeymanHeal.

Thats a good post.

I avoided it by not buying it.

32 minutes ago, Harsin said:

What was the last hyped AAA game that got delisted by one of the major platform holders if it’s so common out of interest? The only one I can think of is Arkaham Knight on PC and that was done by the publisher themselves.

18 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

We've seen it all before? As in, the biggest game of the year being delisted from the store of the number 1 console platform holder?

Ah, so it's delisting an AAA title, rather than an AAA title being a buggy mess on release that's the big news?

Sure. I don't know of any others. Let's hope it makes a difference.

I'm not defending CDPR; they fucked this up, royally. And being pissed off at a 40-50 quid game being released on any platform in this state is totally legitimate. 

I suspect all this means is a shitload more crunch for the dev teams in the New Year, or for the next big AAA released under this management.

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

Newsworthy enough that it's made the BBC - as in, TV news, not just its website:

Even my wife who doesn't give a fuuuuuck about gaming at all, asked me whether "that game I was so excited to play" is the horribly busted one she saw mentioned in the news. It's reached a wider audience the same way the Xbox One TV TV TV DRM fiasco did, with even non-gamers aware of it being really bad. This has to put a massive dent into CDPR's rep surely, the XBone also never quite recovered from the bad image.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

You kind of have to hope that this will be somewhat of a salutary lesson to everyone in the industry to just slow things down a little, lessen the money grabbing a little bit and clearly show that crunching really doesn’t work very effectively.

But I’m not that naive.

Well, Microsoft delaying Infinite suddenly seems like a really smart move. So there's precedent both ways and seeing how big this has grown, surely some publishers out there ate taking note of it.

The next-gen console versions still don't actually exist let's not forget, and the PC version still seems to need a lot of work. Plus you assume they will want to add further content to the game in the near future. So it's hard to see where CDPR will find the resources to also bring the PS4 / Xbone versions up to scratch. Particularly seeing as they don't seem very good at managing the resources they have, and a lot of their staff absolutely deserve a break. Given this is now bonafide product recall, makes me wonder if they are going to effectively write off those versions as surely most of the damage is done?

At least if that does happen, this won't become the modern equivalent of the mass ET catridge burial, given that most games are bought digitally these days (a trend accelerated by the pandemic).

38 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well, Microsoft delaying Infinite suddenly seems like a really smart move. So there's precedent both ways and seeing how big this has grown, surely some publishers out there ate taking note of it.

Makes you wonder, had there not been quite the uproar from the Internet around the Infinite reveal do we think 343 would have gone ahead and released it in a unfinished state?

Ironically, Halo MCC launched in a pretty shocking state and did make the news at the time of launch. They turned it around eventually, will be interesting to see if CDPR can do the same.

1 hour ago, Liamness said:

The next-gen console versions still don't actually exist let's not forget, and the PC version still seems to need a lot of work. 

Whilst the next gen console versions haven't been patched to include next gen buzzword features, they are a significant step up in comparison to the previous gen versions. 

As for PC, bar a few floating item bugs, and my car doing a front flip at 190 mph before landing and carrying on, the game has been joyous. 

If anything like, I am excited to see what becomes of the game, but I hope to hear that the staff are treat right, and CDPR honor their full stack bonus as promised a week ago. Anyone feeling robbed, can rightfully be reimbursed, and everyone else can enjoy it in its buggy, but pretty fun state (Like Sandman above).

It’s funny hearing people suggest that with a few BBC stories this will have any effect on anything at all. There’s so many insane zealots who love games before they’ve been released, there’s plenty of people in here already blaming Sony or happily stating that they’ll keep a broken game for when it’s fixed. Give it a few months and a couple of patches and you’ll have plenty of people acting like CDPR did everyone a massive amazing favour by finishing the thing. Just look at No Man’s Sky, everyone seems to think Hello Games are heroes for patching in features that were supposed to be in the game at launch three years later. 

20 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

CP2077 will never be the most broken game when we live in a world where Myth II: Soulblighter would wipe your entire hard drive, windows install and all, if you tried to uninstall it.

This isn’t strictly true - it would delete the folder the game was installed in, which was fine if installed it in Program Files / Games / Myth II, but obviously less optimal if you installed it in the root directory. And to be fair, Bungie decided not to just patch it and hope nobody installed it in root, they did the right thing and recalled the entire run - which eliminated all their profit for the game, and indirectly led to them being acquired by Microsoft. 

The problems with Cyberpunk seem to have fully infiltrated the mainstream, as my partner said to me last night that they’ve stopped selling “that punk game” because there are too many bugs in it. As with Battlefront II, if you fuck up the launch of a game so badly that mums with no interest in games whatsoever hear about it, you’re in trouble. 

As a big fan of Deux Ex who pinned hopes on this becoming a sort-of replacement in the light of that series' indefinite hiatus it just really sucks. It's funny when it happens to Assassin's Creed or WWE as you know there's going to be another one round the corner but the futuristic RPG is thin on the ground as it is. 

I'm sure CDPR will make good on it in the end, but i'd say the likelihood of getting another game with Cyberpunk in the title is non existent.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

As a big fan of Deux Ex who pinned hopes on this becoming a sort-of replacement in the light of that series' indefinite hiatus it just really sucks. It's funny when it happens to Assassin's Creed or WWE as you know there's going to be another one round the corner but the futuristic RPG is thin on the ground as it is. 

I'm sure CDPR will make good on it in the end, but i'd say the likelihood of getting another game with Cyberpunk in the title is non existent.

I was hoping that a massive Cyberpunk success would lead to a sandbox Shadowrun game in a similar vein but a way better setting and underlying RPG system. Thanks, CDPR :(