IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

Purin

No. I'm on pc and had more than my fair share of bugs and half a dozen crashes, but I'm having a fantastic old time with the game itself. I utterly love the world and am balls deep into the story.

To be honest it's a real shame it released in this state though. A few more months squashing bugs and this could have been one of the greats. They needed The Benz.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

After that CDPR press statement I don’t see how they can’t.

If anyone can....

I won't be refunding. It sucks it was released in this state but unlike Bethesda you can rest assured it will not just be fixed but improved. I'm happy with the game itself.

No, I've had no crashes, no significant bugs and I've played around 25 hours (the kind of platime I very rarely do, in a short space of time). I did end up turning ray tracing off on my pc, because the framerate tanked during one scene, but otherwise, it's been pretty solid.

I was really enthusiastic to play it, loving cyberpunk aesthetics and the Witcher games, but wasn't expecting anything too trancendant. Those 80s sci-fi vibes could carry me through something far more mundane, for sure. I gave up on Mankind Divided twice, after a few hours, for comparison.

I'm mainly happy that it's not as edgy as the marketing, though it is uncommonly keen on calling you a cunt, for a big release.

Genuinely empathise with those having a bad experience, but it also seems to have attracted hot takes by the bucketload too.

Keeping my copy. Playing on Series X and more than happy with my experience so far. The only bug I've hit so far (after around 5-6 hours of play) is during one session, whenever my character sat down, she would act like she had climbed into a car and stick her arms and legs forward. 

No. Base PS4, but I knew I was taking a risk before I went in; I'm enjoying most of my experience so far, but when it's bad, it's really bad.

I'll patch it up a couple of times - takes a week to d/l a patch, given that I need to work using mt 2Mbit connection during the day and so pause lengthy PS updates (and it's always PS updates). Plus that stops me playing Splatoon! So I'm in no hurry.

I feel quite sorry for them to be honest. They’ll make it right, though the loss of reputation may take longer to fix.

It must be mortifying for a team who’ve spent the best part of decade putting this together to find the overwhelming buzz is (quite rightly) all about the bugs and their shitty handling of reviews etc. 

49 minutes ago, Bobby Digihill said:

I was really enthusiastic to play it, loving cyberpunk aesthetics and the Witcher games, but wasn't expecting anything too trancendant

Exactly the same here. I was incredibly hyped but as a fan of the Witcher games I was expecting something along those lines but Cyberpunk. Some people seemed to have built it up in their minds as a transcendent game, going beyond existing genres and revolutionizing everything - a bit similar to how some have built up Star Citizen in their minds as the perfect game more akin to an experience.

I'm massively disappointed by the bugs but not the game itself.

I've had very few problems and the game itself, behind all the negative stuff, is fantastic. I've racked up 20 hours and I feel like I'm just now starting to scratch the surface of what is an incredibly dense game. Oh and with no crashes in that time. The patch at the weekend sorted out the visual softness and so it looks quite good if not up to the level of the PC versions. 

I'm on series x, though, which seems to be by far the best console version in terms of stability. Just some funny bugs for me. I'd definitely feel differently if this had come out a few months ago and I was stuck with ps4 amateur or VCR Xbox. 

10 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I'm absolutely amazed that refunds are being offered for this. 

I've paid out for shitty buggy crappy jerky janky games before without a hint of a fucking pay-out. Even that shit Pinball Arcade on the 360. 

Is this a watergate moment?

Yeah, in terms of big AAA releases I don't recall Bethesda or Ubisoft ever offering refunds for similarly buggy games. 

Already refunded from Steam, largely as I only wanted to test it as a demo of my PC anyway. However I did find it visually underwhelming, driving was rubbish, and the interface was buggy enough within 90 minutes to know it wasn’t ready yet. Will revisit in the spring after its scheduled patches have dropped, or possibly wait for the PS5 native version.

Song's refund policy is a joke. Even Nintendo are better here. Microsoft practically let you self-refund if you just don't like a game, just fill in a form and tick and a box and you're done. 

I had something where on ps4 I bought some dlc that was separately included in the edition of the game I'd bought. Because their storefront is very confusing. They wouldn't refund it because I had downloaded it even though I effectively bought it twice, something their store should not allow to happen.